**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Ability Accuracy Can't Be Modified vs Can't Be Altered?

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,077 ★★★★★
So what's the difference?

Comments

• Options
    😂😂😂😂. yep that definitely sounds right ... on the surface one would believe they both mean the same thing but they definitely don't in this game.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,737 Guardian
    Altered is used on Shuri and Modified is used on nodes. It is just semantics. Most others will explicitly state that it can't be lowered which is where the difference lies. Champions immune to AAR are immune to neutralize which greatly hinders champions like Rintrah. Champions who can't have Ability Accuracy altered/modified are still able to have a neutralize placed on them, it just won't do anything.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,405 ★★★★★
    Can't be altered/can't be modified should be the same.

As Pikolu says, more often it'll state 'can't be reduced' or 'immune to ability Accuracy modification'.

The main place it makes a big difference is in Incursions: a champion like Shuri won't see any benefits from Hacks like 'Medium attacks gain +40% Ability Accuracy'. A champion whose ability Accuracy can't be lowered (or is immune to ability Accuracy reduction) will benefit from Hacks.

In the same vein, Attuma is a particularly bad champion to take into Incursions; since a lot of Hacks that are supposed to be helpful actually hinder him.
  • Options
    I found out the hard way taking Shuri against Domino thinking modified and altered meant the same thing so naturally my thought was knowing that Red Skull can't be crit failed .. surely the Wakanda princess can't since her ability accuracy can't be altered BUT ... crit fail all over the place against Domino smh

#loopholes
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    edited January 3
    Tomato tomahto
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Words
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,737 Guardian
    Deacon said:

I found out the hard way taking Shuri against Domino thinking modified and altered meant the same thing so naturally my thought was knowing that Red Skull can't be crit failed .. surely the Wakanda princess can't since her ability accuracy can't be altered BUT ... crit fail all over the place against Domino smh

#loopholes

Shuri can't be crit failed unless there is a node that gives less than 100% chance of something happening.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Deacon said:

#loopholes

Shuri can't be crit failed unless there is a node that gives less than 100% chance of something happening.
    Awakened ability
  • Options

This should make it clear?

Although, I didn't know perfect block is an ability and not a stat
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,273 ★★★★★

This should make it clear?

Although, I didn't know perfect block is an ability and not a stat

No her awakened ability gives her chance to perfect block 5% chance for each armor up passive at max sig.
    So there are high chance to critical failure.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Deacon said:

#loopholes

it wasn't a node .. it was BGs ... so apparently awakened she can be crit failed but not awakened she can't? make sense of it lol ... if it can't be altered it shouldn't be altered no matter what in my estimation lol
  • Options
    Deacon said:

Pikolu said:

Deacon said:

#loopholes

it wasn't a node .. it was BGs ... so apparently awakened she can be crit failed but not awakened she can't? make sense of it lol ... if it can't be altered it shouldn't be altered no matter what in my estimation lol
    Because her awakening gives her an extra ability that has a chance to fail. When unawakened, it doesn't exist so it can't fail.