Options

Deathless BG piece missed I guess

Will there be a way to get the deathless piece that was in BGs? Apparently I missed that one😢

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,561 ★★★★★
    Units
  • Options
    Jbunc533Jbunc533 Posts: 44
    Lovely
  • Options
    I was all excited when I finished the bosses to land the last piece. I just missed that one 😡
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,230 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

You snooze you lose my man. Hope you have like 15k units saved

I honestly dubt it going to cost that’s much

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,699 Guardian
    Gamer said:

ahmynuts said:

Are you willing to bet on that?

• Options
    Thats how they roll though. I don’t need her. I just wanted a trophy champ.
  • Options
    @Pikolu yeah I heard about that. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 810 ★★★★
    Same thing will happen next round when they place a deathless piece at GC. More and more accounts aren’t going to be able to get it with the mode being abandoned by a lot of folks. Some are giving up due to rosters getting away from them. Others because they missed this piece won’t bother - because you need them all for the awesome champ at the end. The deathless stuff is going to end up being only for endgame players.. not average size paragon accounts.

• Options
    edited January 6
    ahmynuts said:

Same thing will happen next round when they place a deathless piece at GC. More and more accounts aren’t going to be able to get it with the mode being abandoned by a lot of folks. Some are giving up due to rosters getting away from them. Others because they missed this piece won’t bother - because you need them all for the awesome champ at the end. The deathless stuff is going to end up being only for endgame players.. not average size paragon accounts.

Yes......... that was the intention.....
    Intentional for it to be for endgame players? Yeah.. nothing in my comment is disputing that.

Not sure it was their intent to have additional difficulty because the BG pool of players continues to diminish in numbers. Maybe it was… I am indifferent either way.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,829 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Yes......... that was the intention.....
    Intentional for it to be for endgame players? Yeah.. nothing in my comment is disputing that.

Not sure it was their intent to have additional difficulty because the BG pool of players continues to diminish in numbers. Maybe it was… I am indifferent either way.
    Actually, that season had the most engagement of players as well as 7* Celebration... People dont play much now cause the rewards are pretty awful.
  • Options

It is bold to say people aren't playing BGs without having the data to back it up. That is just like saying Banquet was a complete failure because whales spent a ton less this year on it than last year, and we saw how that turned out.

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,116 ★★★★★

The devs already said this content is especially targetted for endgame players in the time period of 2023 last quarter to 2025 first quarters.

Maybe after this deathless saga, we may get another champ hunt content like this.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,266 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

It is bold to say people aren't playing BGs without having the data to back it up. That is just like saying Banquet was a complete failure because whales spent a ton less this year on it than last year, and we saw how that turned out.

I would support that theory, based on the decline I've seen. It's not going in a good direction for BGs.
  • Options
    edited January 6
    Pikolu said:

I am not making an outlandish claim. This was discussed at length last season when people were getting to GC, winning 1 match and reaching new level instantly along with other evidences. Also vibranium taking longer and longer to actually find matches compared to other seasons…. Etc, etc…

And we all have different definitions as to what is classified as banquet failure… my standard won’t be the same as yours and Kabam’s won’t match our definitions.

If we aren’t allowed to draw conclusions based on what we get from other sources and experiences and have to have “real” data.. then let’s just shut down all conversations because last I checked such info isn’t produced by Kabam daily,
  • Options

Pikolu said:

I would support that theory, based on the decline I've seen. It's not going in a good direction for BGs.
    From my perspective there really isn't a decline at all. Its all effect from seeding and the solo rewards.
    Solo milestones are not worth that much and seeding makes you play less. The 2 seasons with the most summoner engagement had been 7* celebration and this deathless piece one.
    If they were to update the solo milestones rewards I am pretty sure people would play more matches and more people would actually play the mode.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

I am not making an outlandish claim. This was discussed at length last season when people were getting to GC, winning 1 match and reaching new level instantly along with other evidences. Also vibranium taking longer and longer to actually find matches compared to other seasons…. Etc, etc…

And we all have different definitions as to what is classified as banquet failure… my standard won’t be the same as yours and Kabam’s won’t match our definitions.

If we aren’t allowed to draw conclusions based on what we get from other sources and experiences and have to have “real” data.. then let’s just shut down all conversations because last I checked such info isn’t produced by Kabam daily,
    Uru 3 had a lot of people in it by the end of the season. Lots of people just waited until last minute to get through BGs, also idk about anyone else, but the last meta was very boring which is why I didn't bother much with BGs last season besides getting to GC
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Gamer said:

ahmynuts said:

Yea I sure 15k for one piece won’t be it
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Pikolu said:

Gamer said:

ahmynuts said:

So how much do you think it wiill be?
  • Options

Gamer said:

Pikolu said:

Gamer said:

ahmynuts said:

My opinion is maximum 5k so if you’re missing all pieces u locking at 20k units but it could very well be 10k pair pieces
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Pikolu said:

Gamer said:

ahmynuts said:

My opinion is maximum 5k so if you’re missing all pieces u locking at 20k units but it could very well be 10k pair pieces
    So it could very well be 10k which is your actual maximum, you said 5k but its really 10k.... Now double it as Mike said 🤣
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 455 ★★★
    edited January 6
    Pikolu said:

I have no investment in this conversation as to whether BGs is in decline but I want to point out an important correction in the point you made.

Claim: Kabam made less money from banquet
    Response: 34% more crystals were opened

The response doesn’t speak to the question because of a massive possible conflating factor: How many people intentionally sat out cyber weekend unit deals for banquet this year? It is entirely within the realm of possibility that the whole of the difference and then some was due to an unusually large amount of unit savings. If this is the case then the increased number of crystals OPENED does not actually mean REVENUE was generated by banquet only that excess units were moved back away from the player base.

Now, we dont know either way because Kabam didnt actually address it but we should be careful not to assert something which was not actually said. It would be equally erroneous to point out how top spenders/alliances needed tens of thousands less to attain top slots this year as compared to last and extrapolate that revenue was lost. You need the actual amount spent to make that determination
  • Options

Pikolu said:

From my perspective there really isn't a decline at all. Its all effect from seeding and the solo rewards.
    Solo milestones are not worth that much and seeding makes you play less. The 2 seasons with the most summoner engagement had been 7* celebration and this deathless piece one.
    If they were to update the solo milestones rewards I am pretty sure people would play more matches and more people would actually play the mode.
    It's the restrictiveness of the Nodes, in combination with the cycle of having to climb over and over, and the growing strength of the competition. I can't speak for everyone for sure, but I've noticed a lack of caring. The Rewards are part of it, sure. However, when it becomes a high enough source of frustration, the Rewards don't matter anymore. The last 2 Metas were just frustrating. Last one wasn't as bad, but this one is just plain tight. The people I've seen that have no issue with it are the same ones who make it to the GC every Season within the first couple weeks.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

It's the restrictiveness of the Nodes, in combination with the cycle of having to climb over and over, and the growing strength of the competition. I can't speak for everyone for sure, but I've noticed a lack of caring. The Rewards are part of it, sure. However, when it becomes a high enough source of frustration, the Rewards don't matter anymore. The last 2 Metas were just frustrating. Last one wasn't as bad, but this one is just plain tight. The people I've seen that have no issue with it are the same ones who make it to the GC every Season within the first couple weeks.
    I'm not gonna argue the nodes or other stuff.
    Just giving you my personal experience.
    Before I would play out of enjoyment and of course rewards, and I would play a lot more cause there was no seeding, had to play a lot more to get to GC.
    Now i get to GC, end up in 150k+/- in solo milestones and have no intetest to keep on playing for the other milestones at all.
    I am playing less matches; but its not due to the game mode, I got no incentive to do so. Now they put a piece of a deathless champ I will probably play it again...
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,072 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Before I would play out of enjoyment and of course rewards, and I would play a lot more cause there was no seeding, had to play a lot more to get to GC.
    Now i get to GC, end up in 150k+/- in solo milestones and have no intetest to keep on playing for the other milestones at all.
    I am playing less matches; but its not due to the game mode, I got no incentive to do so. Now they put a piece of a deathless champ I will probably play it again...
    Speaking to both of your points. I'm literally sill in diamond 4 because i haven't been bothered to even play for the 1200 objective tokens. The meta isn't really bothering me that much since my account can deal with it. It's just the rewards vs time investment and the fact that I have to climb again.

That being said does anyone know if I don't play this season will i still be reset to plat 1 or do i have to get to the gc again to be reset to plat 1
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 455 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Speaking to both of your points. I'm literally sill in diamond 4 because i haven't been bothered to even play for the 1200 objective tokens. The meta isn't really bothering me that much since my account can deal with it. It's just the rewards vs time investment and the fact that I have to climb again.

That being said does anyone know if I don't play this season will i still be reset to plat 1 or do i have to get to the gc again to be reset to plat 1
    Hard for me to personally verify since I usually sit high up in GC, but I vaguely remember someone mentioning your bracket resetting to two lower than the highest VT rank you achieved. It would track for Vibranium—> Plat but I never actually bothered to verify this so you’ll have to source it on your own
  • Options
    GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Posts: 345 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

i’m like 99% sure you need to hit gc to be reset to plat next season.
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

This. I was saving Units last Season, and wasn't really feeling the Nodes, so I stopped at D4. This Season I'm in G3, and still have a hard time being bothered. I need a couple Basics and Alphas to take Hulk to R5, and I'm still not driven.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,072 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

This. I was saving Units last Season, and wasn't really feeling the Nodes, so I stopped at D4. This Season I'm in G3, and still have a hard time being bothered. I need a couple Basics and Alphas to take Hulk to R5, and I'm still not driven.
    This is devastating news. I don't wanna play that much lmaoo