Summoner's Choice 2024 - Before You Vote - Shathra

CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,956 ★★★★★
Hey guys, with the reveal of the new 2024 options having some crazy obscure characters in it, I figured I'd make a detailed post going over each character's story, powerset, and possible abilities we could see in the contest. I'll be reading comics and doing research on the characters as I go to expand my Marvel knowledge a bit with you guys, so if you have any preferences on who you want to see next let me know.

Starting off with Shathra because (in my opinion) she is definitely the most interesting and powerful of the choices given to us.

Shathra is from Earth-001, and is the daughter of the goddesses Oshtur and Gaea. She was tasked with creating a kind of "Map of Humanity" by her goddess parents, and Shathra went on to create the Great Nest. Her younger sister thought that her design wasn't great, and created the Great Web (yeah the Spiderverse one), which their parents thought was WAY better. As you might expect this caused a bit of a rift between the sisters, so Shathra turned into a wasplike goddess (wasps have nests while spiders have webs) and vowed to take revenge and destroy the Great Web and all connected to it (spider-people).

She first met our original Spider-Man in the Astral Plane, followed him to Earth, and subsequently demolished him in a fight. Spider-Man escaped, but he is nowhere near as strong as her, so it was very close. When Shathra encountered him again, she infected him with a paralyzing agent, and he was rescued by Ezekiel Sims, another being connected to the Great Web (remember, Shathra loves those guys). With his help, Spider-Man set a trap for her and was able to defeat her (for the time being, she's immortal).

She has a ton more history attacking Spider-Man but I don't want to make this post super long and boring so TLDR: She is a goddess, way stronger than Spidey, and hates spider-people.

Powerset: Shathra's powerset includes superhuman strength, superhuman speed (not superspeed, like a little more than Captain America sprint speed), regenerative abilities, immortality, the ability to resurrect herself from the dead, flight, teleportation, the ability to create wasp monsters, and stingers with paralytic toxins.

So she is stacked beyond belief in the power department, even got the potential for another champ with Immortality.

Possible MCOC abilities: Regeneration, some kind of neurotoxin/sting, the first champion to use the paralysis debuff, immortality, and maybe even a bonus ability when fighting #Spiderverse characters.

Overall she is very cool, would be an awesome addition to the contest. She honestly has my first round vote after this, she was the only champ on the list I did not recognize in any capacity and she is awesome. I'll attach a picture of her in evil wasp form for anyone curious. Let me know who you'd like to learn about next! And if I got anything wrong, please correct me.

Comments

• CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Member Posts: 153
    This is great. Thank you
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,023 ★★★★★
    Viper is the only choice one should make.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,956 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

She could definitely be cool. I don’t really think there are any bad choices this time around though, all of the champs would be really fun to have in-game.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,325 ★★★★★
    Imagine she was the antagonist of Madam web 2 (assuming there will be a sequel)
  • Xanderfish_21Xanderfish_21 Member Posts: 14
    If you vote for viper I think she might be skilled and if she is she would be the first skill champ to inflict poison. If I Am not wrong

If you vote for viper I think she might be skilled and if she is she would be the first skill champ to inflict poison. If I Am not wrong

That is actually a fantastic point that I did not think of, I was expecting her to be science but that would be super useful as a skill champ.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,569 ★★★★★

It's a shame that they added Blob to the list, when they did that they immediately set everyone else on that list up for failure. He's a character that would've eventually come to the game regardless, he really doesn't belong in the list with the rest of the characters cause there's a huge difference in popularity.
    Truly a shame, Ruby Swarm Viper Shriek Shathra could've had some crazy animations based on what I've read about them and just their designs in general. I'm 100% sure one of these will be runner up but I would've loved to see two or three of them in the game not just one.

You know most of what you said is baloney right? Any character has a chance to make it into game regardless of popularity or even winning the votes? We've already seen 4 or 5 losers/runner ups make it in compared to 3 winners....enough with that garbage take. It only signals who will come first.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    edited January 10
    Buttehrs said:

It's a shame that they added Blob to the list, when they did that they immediately set everyone else on that list up for failure. He's a character that would've eventually come to the game regardless, he really doesn't belong in the list with the rest of the characters cause there's a huge difference in popularity.
    Truly a shame, Ruby Swarm Viper Shriek Shathra could've had some crazy animations based on what I've read about them and just their designs in general. I'm 100% sure one of these will be runner up but I would've loved to see two or three of them in the game not just one.

You know most of what you said is baloney right? Any character has a chance to make it into game regardless of popularity or even winning the votes? We've already seen 4 or 5 losers/runner ups make it in compared to 3 winners....enough with that garbage take. It only signals who will come first.
    1. Why are you so mad?
    2. No it's not lol did you even look at the poll? Blob has like 120 votes and Ruby (second place) has like 60. Why do you think that is? Popularity or coincidence? Please use the last three brain cells you have left before you reply.
    3. It only signals who comes first? Lol so Agatha, Beta Ray Bill, Hobgoblin, Spider Woman, Morgan Le Fay all already in the game right? Like I said, one of the runner ups will get in for sure but the rest we don't know, it's uncertain and so far most of the participants have been forgotten after the voting ends.

Buttehrs said:

1. Why are you so mad?
    2. No it's not lol did you even look at the poll? Blob has like 120 votes and Ruby (second place) has like 60. Why do you think that is? Popularity or coincidence? Please use the last three brain cells you have left before you reply.
    3. It only signals who comes first? Lol so Agatha, Beta Ray Bill, Hobgoblin, Spider Woman, Morgan Le Fay all already in the game right? Like I said, one of the runner ups will get in for sure but the rest we don't know, it's uncertain and so far most of the participants have been forgotten after the voting ends.
    It does signal who comes first. First out of that group of 8. And yea it does mean any Character can make it into game. Just because they aren't added yet doesn't mean they aren't being worked on or planned for the future. There was a time when Gabrielle showed off his artwork for beta ray bill. And that was before summoner choice became a thing. But plans obviously change and they just haven't circled back to add him yet. Bullseye being added this month is the first time someone who wasn't a 2nd place runner up is being added. And as far as Agatha, she's obviously being saved for her TV show later this year. Just give them time, every character you want or that has lost will eventually make it in. Whether it's this year, next year or 5 years from now. And if you miss it because you stop playing, we'll that's not kabams fault.
    Buttehrs said:

Unfortunately with Blob being nearly a lock for a win it means we won’t see shathra or any of the others for at least a couple months after blob comes out, so we’re looking at well over a year for any of them
    Crcrcrc said:

Buttehrs said:

Unfortunately with Blob being nearly a lock for a win it means we won’t see shathra or any of the others for at least a couple months after blob comes out, so we’re looking at well over a year for any of them
    I'm genuinely surprised we haven't gotten a 6 month roadmap of upcoming "champs" like we have before. Would be nice to know at least what part of comcis they are coming from or something like xmen etc.
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

1. Why are you so mad?
    It does signal who comes first. First out of that group of 8. And yea it does mean any Character can make it into game. Just because they aren't added yet doesn't mean they aren't being worked on or planned for the future. There was a time when Gabrielle showed off his artwork for beta ray bill. And that was before summoner choice became a thing. But plans obviously change and they just haven't circled back to add him yet. Bullseye being added this month is the first time someone who wasn't a 2nd place runner up is being added. And as far as Agatha, she's obviously being saved for her TV show later this year. Just give them time, every character you want or that has lost will eventually make it in. Whether it's this year, next year or 5 years from now. And if you miss it because you stop playing, we'll that's not kabams fault.
    No it doesn't, I just named a few examples of characters who aren't in the game yet. Until they are, you can't just claim it "signals who comes first" cause they aren't even in the game yet? Where did your common sense go mate?
    Bullseye has been in how many Summoner's Choice already and made it past the first rounds? More than one.
    Sure, maybe I was wrong in saying it's a shame that we'll never get them cause we might but you're also wrong for saying we will because the truth is we don't know. Some have been added, some haven't, that wasn't the whole point I was trying to make though. The point I was trying to make was Blob shouldn't have been on the list cause it's an easy instant win for him for obvious reasons.

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

1. Why are you so mad?
    No it doesn't, I just named a few examples of characters who aren't in the game yet. Until they are, you can't just claim it "signals who comes first" cause they aren't even in the game yet? Where did your common sense go mate?
    Bullseye has been in how many Summoner's Choice already and made it past the first rounds? More than one.
    Sure, maybe I was wrong in saying it's a shame that we'll never get them cause we might but you're also wrong for saying we will because the truth is we don't know. Some have been added, some haven't, that wasn't the whole point I was trying to make though. The point I was trying to make was Blob shouldn't have been on the list cause it's an easy instant win for him for obvious reasons.
    It signals who comes first from that set of 8. Didn't mean out of all 5k marvel characters. And the same thing happened when quicksilver was put on the ballot. Everyone knew without a doubt he was gonna win. We've since gotten what 2 more from that set?
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

1. Why are you so mad?
    It signals who comes first from that set of 8. Didn't mean out of all 5k marvel characters. And the same thing happened when quicksilver was put on the ballot. Everyone knew without a doubt he was gonna win. We've since gotten what 2 more from that set?
    When did I say anything about 5k Marvel characters? I said your statement is incorrect because there are still characters from 2021 Summoner's Choice that haven't been added, until they are you can't say for sure.

Quicksilver wasn't an instant win. Zemo, Bullseye, Agatha and Beta Ray Bill were on that list oo. If you're actually comparing popularity between any of these and any of the characters other than Blob in the 2024 list you're absolutely insane and need to go read more comics cause you don't know what you're talking about lol.
  • StoneyThePoneyStoneyThePoney Member Posts: 55
    Gj making this but #teamBlob all the way.
  • CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Member Posts: 153
    @Crcrcrc when's your next one?

@ Crcrcrc when's your next one?

Whenever I find time to type it out honestly lol, definitely soon. Next one is going to be Ruby Thursday.
  • mbracembrace Member Posts: 883 ★★★
    Shathra is cool, but I really want to see Blob win. The only caveat is that the mutant class sucks, so Blob needs to have a meta skill set if we are going mutant.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,533 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

I purchased this when it came out.

If the option exists for a two-fer down the line I'd prefer that.

PT_99 said:

I purchased this when it came out.

If the option exists for a two-fer down the line I'd prefer that.
    I HATE that we still haven't gotten silver samurai....
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Member Posts: 596 ★★★
    Shathra won!!! after blob lost, my votes were all for shathra... ;)
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,763 ★★★★★
    Yay cant wait for shathra to come out and art team dont miss
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★
    Nice a new bug which won’t get fixed

/s
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,276 ★★★★

Welcome Shathra

UNUSUAL FEATURES
    Ink black skin, wings, mandibles, and antenna in her corrupted form

ORIGIN Deity
    LIVING STATUS Alive; formerly deceased
    REALITY Earth-001
    PLACE OF BIRTH Earth-001
    CAUSE OF DEATH Eaten by a spider-god[2](revived by herself) [3]
    Eaten by the Other-indwelled Kaine[4](Accidentally resurrected by Spiderling) [5]

CITIZENSHIP Astral Plane
    OCCUPATION Mother to other Astral Plane inhabited by Spider-Wasps
    EDUCATION Primordial
    BASE OF OPERATIONS Astral Plane

Powers
    Shathra possessed the various superhuman attributes of the totemistic Spider-Wasp. She was considered to be "pure" since she has given in to her feral nature.[citation needed] While she possesses many powers similar to those of Spider-Man, those powers are superior to his.[citation needed]

Superhuman Strength: Shathra possessed superhuman strength sufficient to lift at least 15 tons.

Superhuman Speed: Shathra could run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical capabilities of the finest human athlete, even more so than even Spider-Man.

Superhuman Stamina: Shathra's musculature produces less fatigue toxins then the musculature of a human being. She can physically exert herself at peak capacity for at least several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in her blood begins to impair her.

Superhuman Durability: Shathra was tougher and more resistant to certain kinds of injury than a human being. For instance, she could fall or leap from great heights without sustaining any physical injury. She was also resistant to great impact forces. She could withstand physical impacts, such as being struck by Spider-Man, that would severely injure or kill a human and sustain little to no physical injury.

Superhuman Agility: Shathra's agility, balance, and bodily coordination were all enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
    Superhuman Reflexes: Shathra's reflexes were similarly enhanced and are superior to those of the finest human athlete.

Superhuman Sense of Smell: Shathra possessed a superhuman sense of smell that borders on the extrasensory. She demonstrated the ability to track Spider-Man through scent and could do so across continents and dimensions. It isn't known if she can track other individuals in this same way or only Spider-Man, due to the totemistical connection between the two.
    Regenerative Healing Factor: If Shathra sustained physical injury, she could quickly heal damaged bodily tissues faster and more extensively than a human. While not nearly as efficient as that possessed by Wolverine, her healing powers were superior to those of Spider-Man.

Immortality: As an elder goddess, Shathra was immortal and even capable of resurrecting herself should her physical form be slain, returning from death after being devoured by the spider-totem known as the Gatekeeper. After being killed by the Other,her essence was sealed away in the Great Web until she was unwittingly freed by the Patternmaker, enabling her to reconstitute herself.

Flight: Shathra, being the embodiment of the Spider Wasp, possessed a pair of wings growing from her back that she could use for flying and hovering. The top speed that she could achieve with these wings is unknown, but her Power Grid entry suggests that she could not fly faster than 700 MPH.

Shapeshifting: Shathra originally resembled a human woman, but when she became consumed by jealousy and hatred towards her sister she transformed herself into a monstrous wasp-like entity. In her corrupted state she retains limited shapeshifting abilities that she can use to transform her appearance into that of a normal-looking human female.

Teleportation: Shathra was able to generate warp holes through space and even through dimensions, such as from her natural home in the Astral Plane to Earth.

Claws & Stingers: Shathra possessed razor sharp claws that, coupled with her great strength, were able to cut most conventional materials including flesh, bone, stone, and some types of metals. She also fire sharp stinger-like projectiles with great accuracy and speed. These stingers can easily pierce Spider-Man's webbing and are coated with neural paralyzing agent capable of overcoming Spider-Man.

Wasp-Totem Creation: Shathra was capable of spontaneously creating divine totemic wasps to counter her sister Neith's Spider-Totems. Additionally, her venom is able to corrupt spider-totems and transform them into wasp-totems, as seen when she transformed Spiderling into the "Nestling".

Abilities
    Shathra was a skilled hand to hand combatant. Like Spider-Man, she has had no formal training but uses a freestyle combat technique that allows her to make full use of her speed, agility, and acrobatic prowess.
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,287 ★★★★★
    Hot.
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Member, Content Creators Posts: 490 Content Creator
    This aged well.