**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sudden spike on Viper and Shriek retweet

CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 796 ★★★
edited January 22 in General Discussion

Before this, there only two characters that had high retweet, it is blob and ruby thursday, and many of people that i know playing mcoc, vote those two. I hope kabam do something for this retweet
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 849 ★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

Get rid of Twitter voting all together

The problem is that Twitter voting is a good (and cheap!) way to advertise both the game and the summoners choice event, and promote engagement. And without new players the game can't last.
  • Options
    713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Posts: 130
    Seems like Viper is the only one that had lots of bot votes while Shriek is being mass voted by carnage fans
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★

I do want to add though, I think the whole wildcard thing is stupid in general and I wish they stopped doing it cause 75% of the people retweeting don't even play the game. All it takes is one millenial with an account with 1k followers on Twitter and they can win the whole wildcard thing, "MuTuALs PlEaSe Rt" and all of a sudden Shriek is winning, totally fair lol

I wouldn't complain about that
  • Options
    call_me_ogcall_me_og Posts: 87
    PT_99 said:

So there's conspiracy going in against Madame Hydra? Just because she's winning now? Ridiculous.

you dont just randomly get 100 votes over night when noone else did
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
    Spamming is common on twitter for such polls. Only the top one with re tweets gets auto qualify, others are with in game votes. And final is purely in game vote so it won't hurt much.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I do want to add though, I think the whole wildcard thing is stupid in general and I wish they stopped doing it cause 75% of the people retweeting don't even play the game. All it takes is one millenial with an account with 1k followers on Twitter and they can win the whole wildcard thing, "MuTuALs PlEaSe Rt" and all of a sudden Shriek is winning, totally fair lol

Normally I wouldn't either cause Shriek was my second or third option anyways but I don't think it's fair that the one with the most retweets goes straight to the final instantly that's just dumb. Main reason being the poll on Twitter isn't a character popularity thing, it's more like a who has more followers who can spam retweet thing.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    I voted for Viper as well, these votings always get crazy when they come around lol
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

more like a who has more followers who can spam
    Hey this sounds a lot like... you know what nevermind...
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Sounds a lot like what? Lol a lot of people retweeting don't even know who Shriek is they're just doing it cause their mutual on Twitter asked them to retweet.
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Sounds a lot like what? Lol a lot of people retweeting don't even know who Shriek is they're just doing it cause their mutual on Twitter asked them to retweet.
    Nah you're good i made the joke ridiculously ambiguous on purpose lol
  • Options
    The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Posts: 131
    This is why the wild card vote should be on the forum.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/358133/wildcard-vote#latest
  • Options
    It makes sense to us but leaves out the larger community, so it will never happen. They want the wider MCOC community to be able to participate in the wildcard vote and not just the most passionate players on the forums. Realistically more players will see the tweet than a post on the forum. But that does open everything up to the problem we are having right now
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,998 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

I don't get the joke, Now I'm curious, sounds a lot like whaaaat?
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Me after your joke:

• Options
    I don't think there should be any wildcards at all honestly, unless it's only a free pass to the next round but it shouldn't be a free pass to the finals even if it's on the forums and especially not on Twitter because of how easily the whole thing can be manipulated either with bots or just a few people with a decent amount of followers.
    It never boils down to character popularity which is the whole point of the summoner's choice, you can literally have 200 people retweeting Blob because they love the character and that still won't be enough to beat ten people with 1k followers each who asked their followers to retweet Shriek even though they have no idea who Shriek is or what mcoc is. Just stupid in general, I really wish they stopped doing it.
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Me after your joke:

I really need to rewatch the GOTG's i forgot about this joke lmaoo. I wonder how many more i don't remember
  • Options
    Shiv23Shiv23 Posts: 16
    I don't know how you know who Carnage is and don't know who Shriek is... Shriek#1
  • Options
    Shiv23Shiv23 Posts: 16
    Also need to point out, your title of this post is WRONG and you should delete it our change it immediately.. Viper is the one who got the bot votes NOT Shriek.... pretty sure Slayer of Gods is voting and rooting for Shriek, which is why he posted this in the first place. Either way, it is not both Viper and Shriek, it was just Viper... get the info right please.... this is how you spread lies and rumors and false information... because you don't pay attention when you read.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

So there's conspiracy going in against Madame Hydra? Just because she's winning now? Ridiculous.

No, there were literally 100 Retweets all at once from incredibly obvious bot accounts.

There's no "conspiracy" lmao.

Maybe you're being sarcastic, though.
  • Options

PT_99 said:

No, there were literally 100 Retweets all at once from incredibly obvious bot accounts.

There's no "conspiracy" lmao.

Maybe you're being sarcastic, though.
    People wanna see goth mommy lose so bad that they're trying to defend bot retweets to keep her out of the running
  • Options
    Shiv23 said:

Also need to point out, your title of this post is WRONG and you should delete it our change it immediately.. Viper is the one who got the bot votes NOT Shriek

Yes, Viper was the one who got botted votes, not Shriek. Not sure how anyone could jump to the conclusion from my Tweet that Shriek got botted votes lol. I thought it made it extremely clear. Thank you for helping explain this.
    Shiv23 said:

pretty sure Slayer of Gods is voting and rooting for Shriek, which is why he posted this in the first place.

I'm rooting for multiple characters: Shriek, Beetle and Shathra. I would've posted that Tweet no matter who was being botted. Fair is fair. Wanted to add that as well.

None of this matters though, because Kabam Miike already replied to my post, saying they will verify to make sure no bots are counted.

• Options
    call_me_ogcall_me_og Posts: 87
    tbh id consider being suspicious if anyone gets more retweets than likes
  • Options

tbh id consider being suspicious if anyone gets more retweets than likes

...why? The way you vote on Twitter is by Retweeting. Not Liking.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,338 ★★★★★
    edited January 22

PT_99 said:

you dont just randomly get 100 votes over night when noone else did
    So now you doubt Hydra
  • Options
    Mikes_momMikes_mom Posts: 117

Before this, there only two characters that had high retweet, it is blob and ruby thursday, and many of people that i know playing mcoc, vote those two. I hope kabam do something for this retweet

How did you manage to determine that they were all bots?
  • Options
    doggydoggy Posts: 784 ★★★
    Don't underestimate the power of bots
This discussion has been closed.