Options

Raid Compensation?

I searched the forums but didn’t find a discussion specifically on this, though perhaps it’s been merged with another raid topic, so if this already exists, my apologies.

Is kabam working on a compensation package for those that participated in raids for this beta test?

I can’t speak for others, but I know for my group we ran into the first glitch on our first fight against kang in the middle path. One of my alliance mates after just completing a run where he hit the damage cap, had his game crash on the end of fight results screen. When he loaded back in, his fight has not registered, still had his full health, but all our charges were set back to 0 when we had built full charges. So essentially, we each had to use an extra 2 revives just to ramp up again.

The second glitch happened against ultron at the end where, again, had just ramped up and started doing real damage when the revive glitch occurred, and also wiped out our charges once again, forcing us to start from square 1 after all our efforts. Ultron was a lot harder to ramp up than kang was, so I estimate it took about 4 extra revives each to get back to what we had prior, not to mention health potions since by that time our 100% revives were gone and not available.

So all in all, just my group of 3 (for our middle path) we’re forced to use 6+ extra revives (including units/glory to purchase those as well as health potions), and the other 7 teammates down the other paths used up approx 4+ (along with units/glory/health potions)…

Has this been acknowledged as something that should, in some way at least, be accounted for? Playing poorly is one thing, but when a glitch occurs that costs us an immense amount of our resources we had saved, I think that is compensation worthy.

Comments

• Options
    Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 336
    ahmynuts said:

This game is a walking "i think that compensation is worthy" machine. So dont expect it but it isn't 100% out of the question. Even if we get something it wont be close to what you think we should get

Yeah I think there’s a difference in asking for compensation due to people’s own stupidity, and recognizing major glitches occurred that are clearly not intended and cost us a ton of resources. I don’t expect to get everything back that it cost us, but of all the things people ask for compensation over, this seems to be actually worthy of it. There has to be some acknowledgement that these glitches occurred, and it cost us, especially when they’re trying to get a new game mode off the ground and have everyone stay interested in it.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,596 ★★★★★
    edited January 23
    Nope, there should be something but nope
  • Options
    ErrangErrang Posts: 73
    Could think of that glory bug as compensation
  • Options
    Errang said:

Yeah that’s a fair point except that glory and units aren’t equal, and the revives and potions available in the glory store are not only super weak in terms of health restored, but also have very small caps on the # you could use. So all the glory in the world wouldn’t have changed the amount of units needed to push past the issues the glitches caused.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,511 ★★★★★
    Don't force quit the app.
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 620 ★★★★
    edited January 23

There were plenty of other issues with this mode beyond the token loss.

The event felt extremely unpolished, I and others in my alliance wasted revives and pots due to input issues or dumb mechanics like the Thanos block hit mission. If anything some AQ revives and pots would be nice to make up for that.

Also, crashing is a reality. It happens often on my device when I play for more than 20 minutes, no need to be presumptuous.
  • Options
    Axew said:

The event felt extremely unpolished, I and others in my alliance wasted revives and pots due to input issues or dumb mechanics like the Thanos block hit mission.
    Yeah, and that should be worked on and adjusted for future raids, however I’m making a distinction here between poor design choices and a glitch(es) that were not by design but cost immense resources to account for them once they occurred. We can’t ask for compensation for everything. Hopefully the feedback about thanos block mission, cost of revives, limit caps of revives, non-viable champion pool (specifically in assault) all get taken into account moving forwards.

Compensation however, in my eyes, should be only applied to unintended consequences, not the bad design choices.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,593 ★★★★★
    edited January 23
    Errang said:

Interesting 4-D Chess hypothesis: introduce a bug-riddled game mode that needs testing to an excited player base, include a bug that is beneficial to said players, call it a day.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    kus234kus234 Posts: 191 ★★
    Kabam hasn't responded to even single thread what is opened to mention any issues with RAIDs, per them it seems they don't care as they got what they wanted, a huge paycheck and good amount.

Kabam, Don't be so uncaring for the player base, at least inform if those issues mentioned are issues and if you intend to rectify or at least clarify

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,510 ★★★★★
    Yes and no, while the bugs did completely ruin some runs they also gave us like 30k glory from a different bug and let us keep it. I don't know, it's complicated honestly.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,327 ★★★★★

M

Is this just ignorance or chosen stupidity? No one force closed the app. Many people, if not all, experienced the same or similar glitches. It’s well documented.
    I think it’s the later. Or as another option- a well documented troll.
  • Options
    GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Posts: 347 ★★★
    kus234 said:

Kabam hasn't responded to even single thread what is opened to mention any issues with RAIDs, per them it seems they don't care as they got what they wanted, a huge paycheck and good amount.

Kabam, Don't be so uncaring for the player base, at least inform if those issues mentioned are issues and if you intend to rectify or at least clarify

miike has already responded in a thread saying the team has listened to feedback and want to give us a mini roadmap to show improvements they want to make
  • Options
    kus234kus234 Posts: 191 ★★

kus234 said:

miike has already responded in a thread saying the team has listened to feedback and want to give us a mini roadmap to show improvements they want to make
    Can you please point me to the post where he responded?
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 470 ★★★
    There should be, the first round is just like beta test, it definitely cost way more than it’s supposed to.
  • Options
    VenoweenVenoween Posts: 116
    I want my 7500 7 star shards
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,000 ★★★★

Ugh