**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Someone catch me up here on the Hercules nerf stuff

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
.... Why do people want it? ..... Like it's been awhile since I've been in touch on the community but why am I seeing entirely unironic support for Hercules being nerfed?

What did I miss in the community to where we are wanting nerfs for purely offensive based champions?

Comments

• Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 813 ★★★

People who are unlucky and failed multiple times to get him want him nerfed.
    "If I can't have him, no one should😡"

Wrong, I was lucky enough to pull a 6* Herc since the day he dropped! Though he’s a fun champ, he’s bad for the game and I wouldn’t care in the slightest if he was nerfed. I was also a huge quake player and I LOVE the fact that she’s been fazed out of the game,
    Ok but now is he bad for the game.
    How is he not? lol his immortality allows even the worst of players to just smash through content without skill. You’re not getting better at the game by doing this, it’s making you a worse player.
    now you jump into aw or bgs and get out played by other players because you haven’t learned how to actually fight other champs lol

Look, even if he doesn’t get nerfed, his shelf life is falling quickly. They will not release him as a 7* and even an ascended 6* won’t be able to hang with r4, r5 or r6 7*s.
    ..... Huh so you mean in actual skill based content he doesn't as equally suffice?? ... That seems like a very reasonable case to make for why a champ shouldn't get nerfed lol. If playing him leads to actual skill issues then that's a problem that solves itself and nerfs aren't nessescary
    He doesn't work well in necropolis anyways plus everest content was never his forte
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

People who are unlucky and failed multiple times to get him want him nerfed.
    "If I can't have him, no one should😡"

Wrong, I was lucky enough to pull a 6* Herc since the day he dropped! Though he’s a fun champ, he’s bad for the game and I wouldn’t care in the slightest if he was nerfed. I was also a huge quake player and I LOVE the fact that she’s been fazed out of the game,
    Ok but now is he bad for the game.
    How is he not? lol his immortality allows even the worst of players to just smash through content without skill. You’re not getting better at the game by doing this, it’s making you a worse player.
    now you jump into aw or bgs and get out played by other players because you haven’t learned how to actually fight other champs lol

Look, even if he doesn’t get nerfed, his shelf life is falling quickly. They will not release him as a 7* and even an ascended 6* won’t be able to hang with r4, r5 or r6 7*s.
    ..... Huh so you mean in actual skill based content he doesn't as equally suffice?? ... That seems like a very reasonable case to make for why a champ shouldn't get nerfed lol. If playing him leads to actual skill issues then that's a problem that solves itself and nerfs aren't nessescary
    Herc crushes AW. The tier 1 players I talk with dread the season where herc is whitelisted because of how he trivializes hard matchups. Even in the GC safeguard meta, herc was a good option because of his burst damage. The dude is very unhealthy for the game and is a major pain for the quest designers. Content would actually get a little easier if kabam wasn't trying to counter herc.
    My 2c worth

Then why would Kabam Mike say what he said then?

IMO He should have said. “There was a time when we seriously thought we would nerf him, but that time has now passed and I can categorically state here and now Hercules won’t be nerfed. Now that doesn’t mean we don’t design future content that may or may not limit some of his abilities but we are not changing his current kit period.”

That would finally end these needless posts about Hercules being nerfed.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    edited January 27

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,295 ★★★★★
    edited January 27
    Cause he's a crutch and he absolutely breaks the game whenever there aren't any nodes stopping him, and that isn't something anyone can deny cause it's a fact. I really don't understand why so many people insist on using crutches instead of just finding strategies with other champs which is imo a lot more enjoyable.
    As for purely offensive that is incorrect, he stalls a lot in BGs and can get you a few wins on defense sometimes.

Personally though the main reason I want him, as well as Quake and Magik, to get nerfed is because I want all three of them to be 7* at some point but unless they get nerfed, that will never happen.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    My Hulkling is R5, I already was planning to do Galan or CGR before Herc. The announcement by Mike about future content being designed around Herc was all the confirmation I needed
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 831 ★★★★

Hercules nerf is impossible after 2 years of launch, He is not useful much in necropolis, Not the best option for bgs, Assasin mastery can mess him up in AW, The only place he is OP is incursions, Story and AQ can be done by any champ.

So no need for nerf.

1. He is a solid option for BGs and he is dual use.
    2. At rank 5, your defenders barely have 20% chance to actually shut down immortality. Are you suggesting people should invest five points in Assassin for a 20% chance at shutting down immortality? (He's still op btw cause 20% is very low lol)
    3. Correct, but does any other champ in the whole game have as much survivability and damage as he does for any of those three modes?

Some people I swear, this is hilarious.
    The last 3 times I’ve died without immortality triggering in aw. Seems like 90% of the time it doesn’t trigger. And no there wasn’t any node or nullifier affecting it.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited January 27
    He is broken but not going to be nerfed, no 7-star version of him is enough, 6 months later, nobody will use him in main content of the game because it will be the world of 7R3.

I agree he is OP , Corvus as well(if you check T1 war, you will be scared by ascended Corvus), but it's OK to leave them as today just because it's too late to do it.
  • Options

Hercules nerf is impossible after 2 years of launch, He is not useful much in necropolis, Not the best option for bgs, Assasin mastery can mess him up in AW, The only place he is OP is incursions, Story and AQ can be done by any champ.

So no need for nerf.

2. At rank 5, your defenders barely have 20% chance to actually shut down immortality. Are you suggesting people should invest five points in Assassin for a 20% chance at shutting down immortality? (He's still op btw cause 20% is very low lol)
    3. Correct, but does any other champ in the whole game have as much survivability and damage as he does for any of those three modes?

The last 3 times I’ve died without immortality triggering in aw. Seems like 90% of the time it doesn’t trigger. And no there wasn’t any node or nullifier affecting it.
    That's just bad luck, it's how RNG works and it doesn't mean it will happen to everyone. Most of the times Assassin won't shut it down, there will be rare occasions where someone gets really really bad luck and has his immortality shut down a bunch of times in a row but most of the time that won't be the case.
  • Options
    Polygon said:

My Hulkling is R5, I already was planning to do Galan or CGR before Herc. The announcement by Mike about future content being designed around Herc was all the confirmation I needed

Same here, I always knew that announcement was coming at some point so I went with Maestro and Hulkling over Herc (up next, Galan lol)
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I want them to just remove his immortality
  • Options

If kabam want to nerf him, they'd best be prepared for the backlash.I've seen people spend 1000s of dollars trying to pull him.

Realistically speaking, this would be on par with or worse than their 12.0 mess up. The game has not been in a good place over the past few months (terrible bg metas and aw metas) and now they want to throw gasoline onto the fire. This is grounds for triggering the end of MCOC.

They've already made anti-hercules nodes. And made content around him (necro) and it has been successful.

Unless they plan to go back and refund all the money people have spent on trying to pull hercules and hand out rank down tickets+ reverse ascension tickets, they should stop trying to mess with the community even more.

Terrible BGs and AW metas hmmmm and where did you get this info? The posts from Charliejiggens? Cause I really haven't seen that many complaints outside of that lol.

This won't trigger the end of anything, I wish people would stop repeating the same things Prof Hoff says cause it is absolutely not true lol. Do you seriously think the devs would be dumber than the playerbase and kill their own game? Do you genuinely believe you're smarter than them when it comes to keeping the game alive and you know something they don't? 💀
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 813 ★★★
    Let's be honest I love Hercules he's my favorite champ like Magik and Quake were when I used them as 5 star maxed. But I don't want to see him as a 7 star so let him be locked behind the 6 star rarity.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,960 ★★★★★

So no need for nerf.

There is no denying he is great, He is easily the best champion in the game. But, Is it worthy to nerf a 6* hercules now? Absolutely not, herc wasn't nerfed when EOP was the main thing in game, People smashed it using herc. But now in necro he is not the best option, So He don't need the nerf/He isn't broken enough to nerf him like 12.0 thor or strange.
  • Options
    JerichoharrisJerichoharris Posts: 15
    As someone who has 500+ champs but who to date has never pulled him at any level I’m in the ‘I’m not too bothered either way but it would be nice to see what all the fuss is about’ camp.