**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

How exactly is Herc bad for the game?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 780 ★★★
    They knew what they we're doing when they created him. They tested him and released him and got us all physed. It is their failed for not doing more testing when released. Full stop.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 370 ★★★

They knew what they we're doing when they created him. They tested him and released him and got us all physed. It is their failed for not doing more testing when released. Full stop.

You're not wrong, but he along with a couple of others, are the reason why we have a rebalancing program. The did a summoner-solid and didn't apply it to previously released champs which wasn't a great long term move for them. No denying that.
  • Options

Anyone saying Herc is bad should go get Paragon+ without Herc on a new account with this new AI with no Herc lol.

Your massive Paragon/Valiant accounts took advantage of Herc now he’s too strong. Let new players also get the benefit of Herc as well.

False
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,398 ★★★★
    edited January 30
    Gomezlink said:

And I say more that, Hercules is just not the best of Necropolis, because they created a node against him...

Not just that he's impractical to use in Necropolis I tried him and I got destroyed real hard. While the nodes May hinder him not to mention the die now mechanics the opponent's healthpool attack and the special nodes for each champions you face is not going to be a good time for him.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★
    Vanitelia said:

You're not wrong, but he along with a couple of others, are the reason why we have a rebalancing program. The did a summoner-solid and didn't apply it to previously released champs which wasn't a great long term move for them. No denying that.
    Nothing is really stopping them from going back and applying whatever they want to whoever they want. If the decision makers conclude that the benefits outweigh the costs, they'll change it, no matter how old the champ is. The Rebalancing Program period is as ironclad an agreement as "We'll never raise your rates!" or "No fees!" or any other marketing that isn't subject to regulatory action.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★
    Manup456 said:

Aegon is not Herc. They're not the same beast. Aegon has a very specific design with a very specific use. He requires skill and ramp-up, and a significant amount of Resources to do it.
    Herc is just a cheat-death code with huge Damage and Unblockable.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,063 ★★★★★
    Manup456 said:

Ægon can solo a few fights, but he can't solo the whole thing. Look up Herc solos EOP and see how many fights he can solo in total. Not to mention, Ægon needs a ton of ramp up and synergies, Herc doesn't need any of them, again I don't think you really understand how the game works, you're just saying things for the sake for saying them lol.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 488 ★★★
    edited January 30
    Brute-forcing your way through Necro doesn't take any skill...none...many resources, yes, but ZERO skill...most players just quit out to ramp Ægon up and go BRRRRRRRR
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★

Manup456 said:

Ægon can solo a few fights, but he can't solo the whole thing. Look up Herc solos EOP and see how many fights he can solo in total. Not to mention, Ægon needs a ton of ramp up and synergies, Herc doesn't need any of them, again I don't think you really understand how the game works, you're just saying things for the sake for saying them lol.
    I tried using Shuri on my run, but ended up using Aegon for the whole length of it, save for Wiccan for GM, briefly. It still took me around 160 Revs on Path 1.
    He's good, but he still takes skill to use, and you're paying for it if you're not the best of the best.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,996 Guardian
    Mrt9810 said:

I never get the health of the game argument. The health of the game is measured by players coming and playing and enjoying the game. I do not think Herc is killing peoples enjoyment in fact Id say he is one of the most enjoyable aspects to the game. I like using herc for big numbers more then revive spamming or having to read 30 pages of nodes. End of the day this is a game and is intended for people enjoyment and if herc brings that then he is only good for the health of the game.

That's because you haven't seen a game die because players got bored with it. Back when I was playing MMOs, the previous king of massively multiplayer online games, rarely did a game die because it was too difficult or too grindy. Far more often, it ran into trouble because it was too easy to get everything and do everything, and then the players moved on.

You could argue that was great for the players, they could just do everything and then move on to the next game and do everything and so on, but who's going to spend the money to make disposable businesses for players to rip through and then toss aside.

If your idea of enjoyment is do whatever you want, find a game that lets you do that. Most games as a service won't. They want to create sustained interest and target people who want that experience. If that's not you, then perhaps a different genre of game is more appropriate for you.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,063 ★★★★★

Manup456 said:

I tried using Shuri on my run, but ended up using Aegon for the whole length of it, save for Wiccan for GM, briefly. It still took me around 160 Revs on Path 1.
    He's good, but he still takes skill to use, and you're paying for it if you're not the best of the best.
    He absolutely does, the ramp up phase mainly cause you have to maintain high combos to ramp up which in Necropolis can be tough on certain fights with certain nodes. You have to get to 999 combo, Herc on the other hand, intercept 12 times for big numbers and if you screw up you're also unkillable for 9 seconds (pauses indefinitely while throwing basic attacks which are easy to land cause you're permanently unblockable until immortality runs out). It is absolutely wild to me that some people are actually comparing Herc and Ægon and they're being serious about it lol it's almost as if they weren't here when EOP dropped. They should go try to do a solo EOP run with Ægon and then a solo run with Herc, the difference will not only be obvious but absolutely hilarious. They are not on equal footing in terms of damage, utility or survivability.

Also their argument seems to be "but Ægon can solo this"... So can Kate and Shuri, a lot of champs can solo different stuff that alone doesn't mean they're op. The big difference is Herc's kit is absolutely busted, the other kits are not and it's not even close.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 488 ★★★
    The REAL problem with Herc is that he levels the playing field for the 90% of players who don't have the skill, the time, or the unlimited resources to play the game like the top 10% do...

He levels a playing field chocked full of increasingly difficult defenders (with incredibly questionable AI) on increasingly difficult nodes that require hyper-specific counters that force players to use an ever-increasing number of resources...ALL-THE-WHILE having the means to aquire said resources nerfed, completely taken away, or otherwise funnled into a forced unit or $$$ spending spree just to clear a few paths.

Look. I use Herc and I clear content with him...but I do it so I can move onto other content WITHIN THE GAME. He's incredibly efficient where I can use him, but he's absolutely USELESS in content that I can't (much like all the other champs in the game), which forces me to seek other alternatives. He certainly can't take on everything, and I still use revives and health potions while using him in difficult content...but overall he gives us common folk a fighting chance at actually enjoying this game, when we otherwise wouldn't have the skill, the time, or the unlimited resources to do so.
This discussion has been closed.