WHERE ARE MASACRE and STARKY in THE TITAN CRYSTAL?

2»

Comments

• BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,053 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Kabam Jax said:

Where did people get the impression SM99/Stark Spidey and Massacre were coming to this crystal...?

Sneaky sneaky lol. But for real when do we get to find out about how to acquire these ballers???
    Sneaky? How so? If it's not an official source from MCOC, then it's not set in stone. Which means we will know when the time comes.
    To date the new titan champs have appeared as unowned champs in the update before the crystal switches. Definitely a bit of a bait and switch to add those champs in the January update, not offer an acquisition path, then skip over them. Hence the sneaky sneaky… a tongue in cheek nod to them pulling a fast one.

It’s not a big deal, but I think others have made a good point in highlighting that with how slow it is to acquire Titan shards it would have been good expectation management to officially release the pool before the update.
    People use the term bait and switch so much, I don't think they know what it really means.
    The official pool isn't the official pool until Kabam releases it.
    What does it mean then?
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    This info shouldn't be so difficult to find.

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Kabam Jax said:

Where did people get the impression SM99/Stark Spidey and Massacre were coming to this crystal...?

Sneaky sneaky lol. But for real when do we get to find out about how to acquire these ballers???
    Sneaky? How so? If it's not an official source from MCOC, then it's not set in stone. Which means we will know when the time comes.
    To date the new titan champs have appeared as unowned champs in the update before the crystal switches. Definitely a bit of a bait and switch to add those champs in the January update, not offer an acquisition path, then skip over them. Hence the sneaky sneaky… a tongue in cheek nod to them pulling a fast one.

It’s not a big deal, but I think others have made a good point in highlighting that with how slow it is to acquire Titan shards it would have been good expectation management to officially release the pool before the update.
    People use the term bait and switch so much, I don't think they know what it really means.
    What does it mean then?
    There would have to be a promise or advertisement of something, then the sale of something else, with the intention of deceiving customers.
    None of that applies here.
    Like that 7* Kingpin ad? :)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★

This info shouldn't be so difficult to find.

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Kabam Jax said:

What does it mean then?
    There would have to be a promise or advertisement of something, then the sale of something else, with the intention of deceiving customers.
    None of that applies here.
    Like that 7* Kingpin ad? :)
    I'm pretty sure they owned the fact that there was no Kingpin in that Crystal. There was no intention of misleading people.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I understand why some may have drawn the conclusion that these Champions would have been added to the Titan Crystal, it makes sense to me.

But, remember that the official announcement and the official source of truth will be through official channels, ie. the in game crystal contents or social media posts. I love to see the excitement of Summoners attempting to predict who comes next and the hype around that process, but please temper expectations to align with official release cadence/information!

For full transparency, this hasn't changed at any step of the process. These crystals were set a long time ago, and never varied. I'm not sure why the additional, unaccounted for 7-Stars were added to the roster, but that doesn't mean anything nefarious is happening behind the scenes. TLDR; Official information comes through official channels.

Is there any chance you guys could at least announce the next pool a day before the crystal actually gets updated? It takes so long to hoard Titan shards Jax, had I known Thing would be in it I would've popped my Titan yesterday. I understand keeping it a secret when it's the 6* featured cause 6* shards are raining nowadays but Titan shards are not.
  • MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Member Posts: 185 ★★
    It was quite obvious it was fake because every time they update the pull the champions have to be from the 6 different classes so it couldnt be 2 skills in the same update.

Kabam Jax said:

I understand why some may have drawn the conclusion that these Champions would have been added to the Titan Crystal, it makes sense to me.

But, remember that the official announcement and the official source of truth will be through official channels, ie. the in game crystal contents or social media posts. I love to see the excitement of Summoners attempting to predict who comes next and the hype around that process, but please temper expectations to align with official release cadence/information!

For full transparency, this hasn't changed at any step of the process. These crystals were set a long time ago, and never varied. I'm not sure why the additional, unaccounted for 7-Stars were added to the roster, but that doesn't mean anything nefarious is happening behind the scenes. TLDR; Official information comes through official channels.

Is there any chance you guys could at least announce the next pool a day before the crystal actually gets updated? It takes so long to hoard Titan shards Jax, had I known Thing would be in it I would've popped my Titan yesterday. I understand keeping it a secret when it's the 6* featured cause 6* shards are raining nowadays but Titan shards are not.
    I mean I’m agreeing with a Blob hater here…. I think that means a good point was made here. Titans take so long to save for I think transparency around this investment is a fair ask.
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Member Posts: 445 ★★★★

It was quite obvious it was fake because every time they update the pull the champions have to be from the 6 different classes so it couldnt be 2 skills in the same update.

Batch 4 had Spider-Ham/Photon and Gladiator/Vox. Batch 5 had Werewolf/Kushala.
  • AddictorAddictor Member Posts: 428 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Bad choice imo, Thing Red skull Sersi all underwhelming, I wouldn’t pull Red Skull if it weren’t them!
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,766 ★★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Pikolu and Thing replaced Starky and Masacre for some reason which was a surprise. Maybe there would be some other means to obtain them perhaps.

Pikolu rigged it fr
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    Dab_west said:

then whats the point of adding 7 star masacre, starky and s99 into the game if they werent going to be released in any crystals. Might as well not add them in the first place so people wont make the wrong assumptions, or just release the new titan pool info before the new batch is added.

This is exactly what they should do, release the new Titan pool info a day before it's actually released I don't get why that's too much to ask or how it would be bad for the game's economy, weird.
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 541 ★★★★
    Dab_west said:

then whats the point of adding 7 star masacre, starky and s99 into the game if they werent going to be released in any crystals. Might as well not add them in the first place so people wont make the wrong assumptions, or just release the new titan pool info before the new batch is added.

Indeed, I would have opened my Titans yesterday if I knew S99 and Sparky are out.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,004 ★★★★★
    I’m not sure what difference it makes knowing the official pool of champions before they go live other than for excitement value of knowing the pool. I know some people are saying they wouldn’t have opened there Titan shards yet, but I think in reality they would. Also you can check the ‘What’s New’ section of the game, it shows you visually all the new champions and whole pool is listed on the crystal. So Kabam does let us know, who’s in the crystal. There is a little bit of an onus on the players to check before using high end resources if you don’t think you’ll be happy with the options you can get from.

I do think though, that it’s helpful to let us know how and when we can acquire the remaining 7* champions that aren’t in the Titan pool and not available elsewhere. It’s a nice tease to get us hyped over a potential 7* Starky, but where do I get him. When can I get him?
  • Xnmfjx_13Xnmfjx_13 Member Posts: 16
    I believe this is where people coming up with this conclusion. Spider-man (stark Enhanced), Spider-Man 2099 and Masacre are listed in the 7*pool in game as unowned champions. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax
    Wozzle007 said:

I’m not sure what difference it makes knowing the official pool of champions before they go live other than for excitement value of knowing the pool. I know some people are saying they wouldn’t have opened there Titan shards yet, but I think in reality they would. Also you can check the ‘What’s New’ section of the game, it shows you visually all the new champions and whole pool is listed on the crystal. So Kabam does let us know, who’s in the crystal. There is a little bit of an onus on the players to check before using high end resources if you don’t think you’ll be happy with the options you can get from.

I do think though, that it’s helpful to let us know how and when we can acquire the remaining 7* champions that aren’t in the Titan pool and not available elsewhere. It’s a nice tease to get us hyped over a potential 7* Starky, but where do I get him. When can I get him?

If you know who’s being added in advance you can make an informed decision to open crystals before the pool changes if the risk of pulling a less attractive champ like unduped Thing scares you away from the newer champs.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★

Ashacekar said:

Pikolu and Thing replaced Starky and Masacre for some reason which was a surprise. Maybe there would be some other means to obtain them perhaps.

Not a surprising reason

Here's my thought, I think initially kabam planned to introduce a cosmic champ instead of bullseye in jan. So the left out classes are science skill and tech, But now with bullseye launch, one cosmic champ is in due, so they changed it to thing sersi and rskull.
    Is my theory right? @Kabam Miike

I honestly think they should've kept sparky and s spidy99 and replaced massacre with sersi
    Considering that bullseye and white tiger were in the anniversary animation this is just straight cap