Since my idea last time is hated by the community

713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Member Posts: 271 ★★
edited February 10 in General Discussion
I'm going to suggest two ways for the summoner's choice voting to matter that will be even less impactful for the game (which I believe is where the hate stemmed from) and I’m going to ask the community itself their own suggestions.

1. Give units to the people that voted for the winners. How I think this will work:

- 4 ballots for a single champ = 50 units
- 8 ballots = 100 units
- 12 ballots = 150 units

Any less and we won't get the units. We can't get 100 units for 5 ballots used, only 50.

2. Make the winner a great offensive and defensive counter to all the losers.

Anyway, what about you? What are your ideas?

Comments

• 713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Member Posts: 271 ★★

Anyway, what about you? What are your ideas?

My idea is you should stop thinking about new ideas

But do you want to share something I actually asked for or what?

I’m not sure what your previous idea was, but surely it wasn’t as bad as this?

You can always check on my profile. Anyway, do you have any ideas?

and this is the nicer response from Transformers The Movie that this brought to mind...

Any "bad comedies" you also have?
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Here's a better one, why?
    DNA3000 said:

Greekhit said:

Too bad no one from Kabam isn't on forums on weekends to check this post.
    They would be laughing their a** out with the unit give away suggestion, and because this would bring them to a great mood, they would maybe consider revisiting the WoW Abs Man fight 😂

Eh, the purpose of my post is more of having a chill discussion with the community rather than wanting kabam to make something happen, so I don't really mind.
    Your post suggests things both wild and a bit incendiary, directed at a touchy subject. It would take a lot of deftness to pull that off. Which to be direct, you do not possess.

What touchy subject? I'm not trying to stir up any drama, so why am I touching upon a subject that will do just that? Is the talk about summoner's choice really that sensitive of a topic?

If my suggestions seems like they're trying to start something then I assure you, it's not intentional.

Here's a better one, why?

I just want to talk about this. Nothing else.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Winners get a 7* Herc, too.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Greekhit said:

Too bad no one from Kabam isn't on forums on weekends to check this post.
    They would be laughing their a** out with the unit give away suggestion, and because this would bring them to a great mood, they would maybe consider revisiting the WoW Abs Man fight 😂

Eh, the purpose of my post is more of having a chill discussion with the community rather than wanting kabam to make something happen, so I don't really mind.
    Your post suggests things both wild and a bit incendiary, directed at a touchy subject. It would take a lot of deftness to pull that off. Which to be direct, you do not possess.

What touchy subject? I'm not trying to stir up any drama, so why am I touching upon a subject that will do just that? Is the talk about summoner's choice really that sensitive of a topic?

If my suggestions seems like they're trying to start something then I assure you, it's not intentional.
    You literally said in the OP:

“I'm going to suggest two ways for the summoner's choice voting to matter that will be even less impactful for the game (which I believe is where the hate stemmed from)”

Now you’re claiming you have no idea that the Summoners Choice voting is controversial?

I don’t think I’m qualified to help you. Educational psychology is not one of my areas of competency.
    It is controversial, but it isn't serious like any other things talked about like bugs, game modes, etc. I thought I'm clear on this.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,431 Guardian
    edited February 11
    Edit: misread suggestion and thought you were saying people should pay units to vote.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,340 Guardian
    I can see the point of just those people who voted for the eventual winner getting a little something extra.
    But UNITS (or potions, etc,) would seem way too much, and would invite much more fraud somehow. (Spinning up hundreds of accounts just to “stuff the ballot box” with the way your main account has voted).

But something like a TITLE, or custom PROFILE PIC, would be interesting.
    Like a Profile Pic of the actual Winning champ holding up a “I WON” sign. (similar, but opposite, of “Dewey Defeats Truman”)

Would be based only on First Round (when all 8 were in ballot), and would be based on whichever champ you put majority of your 1st round votes toward (so 4 - 0, or 3 - 1).
    Palistes said:

With units at stake, the discourse around Summoner's Choice voting would become more contentious and likely less democratic as voters will be compelled to vote for who they think will win and not who they want to see in the game (which seems to have some eerie reflections of real life, I suppose). And then a number of content creators will rally their forces to swing the vote even more than already happens, and it could get quite ugly.

And if what the vocal minority chose didn't win, those vocal peeps will say that kabam rigged the votes just to not give the false majority units. I didn't think of this. Thank you for sharing your insight. What about #2? Also, do you have an idea of your own?
    DNA3000 said:

Palistes said:

With units at stake, the discourse around Summoner's Choice voting would become more contentious and likely less democratic as voters will be compelled to vote for who they think will win and not who they want to see in the game (which seems to have some eerie reflections of real life, I suppose). And then a number of content creators will rally their forces to swing the vote even more than already happens, and it could get quite ugly.

Why have players upset their choice didn’t win, when we can really upset them by also having them miss out on units due to voting for a losing candidate. For bonus points we can have players accuse Kabam of manipulating the vote to hand out the least amount of units.
    Ok, yeah this is true. Anyway, what about the 2nd one? Also, any ideas you have?

I can see the point of just those people who voted for the eventual winner getting a little something extra.
    But UNITS (or potions, etc,) would seem way too much, and would invite much more fraud somehow. (Spinning up hundreds of accounts just to “stuff the ballot box” with the way your main account has voted).

But something like a TITLE, or custom PROFILE PIC, would be interesting.
    Like a Profile Pic of the actual Winning champ holding up a “I WON” sign. (similar, but opposite, of “Dewey Defeats Truman”)

Would be based only on First Round (when all 8 were in ballot), and would be based on whichever champ you put majority of your 1st round votes toward (so 4 - 0, or 3 - 1).

I guess you're right. I really thought it wouldn't cause this much issue because 150 units doesn't seem a lot. What about your thoughts on #2?

A profile pic is interesting! It definitely is already better than my 1 because it isn't something that'll cause democracy issues. Though I'm curious why is it only based on the 1st round? Also, thanks for sharing your own idea. You're the 1st one to do so.

My other comment didn't show up for some reasons.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,340 Guardian
    (RE above)
    Title or Profile Pic based on if you voted for ultimate winner from during the 1st round only…

My suggestion base it on 1st Round only, because that is when the field was wide-open. Not after 2 failed rounds of voting for loser, then you happened to get it right with winner only against 1 other opponent.
    Also, even though not worth as much as Units, I can still see some ppl voting based on how they think others will too (who might be most popular), and NOT who THEY would really want to see win. So if they did this in 1st Round, they could still vote their “unpopular” preference in later rounds.
    Yes, would probably have guaranteed even moreso that Blob would make it past 1st round, but then next 2 rounds would be for who people really wanted instead of who you thought others would want.

——
    And your original #2. Make Winner a great counter against all the Losers…

No.
    It would be maybe a year before ANY of the others eventually got in. And most of the losers might NEVER get into game.
    So making Winner be a counter against champs who would be a long ways off (if ever), shouldn’t come into play with designing the Winner to begin with.

(RE above)
    Title or Profile Pic based on if you voted for ultimate winner from during the 1st round only…

My suggestion base it on 1st Round only, because that is when the field was wide-open. Not after 2 failed rounds of voting for loser, then you happened to get it right with winner only against 1 other opponent.
    Also, even though not worth as much as Units, I can still see some ppl voting based on how they think others will too (who might be most popular), and NOT who THEY would really want to see win. So if they did this in 1st Round, they could still vote their “unpopular” preference in later rounds.
    Yes, would probably have guaranteed even moreso that Blob would make it past 1st round, but then next 2 rounds would be for who people really wanted instead of who you thought others would want.

——
    And your original #2. Make Winner a great counter against all the Losers…

No.
    It would be maybe a year before ANY of the others eventually got in. And most of the losers might NEVER get into game.
    So making Winner be a counter against champs who would be a long ways off (if ever), shouldn’t come into play with designing the Winner to begin with.

Oh ok I get it. So who you voted the most in the 1st round is the entry for your chance to win the pfp. Makes sense.

Yes, what people said will highly likely win will now voted by almost everyone because of the reward.

Why not? The losers can still be great, just countered by the winner. This will also be a good way to exercise keeping relevancy to past champs in general, because the winner is a past champ that they have to keep in mind when making the losers.
  • PalistesPalistes Member Posts: 168 ★★
    But the losers won't be in the game for a long time, if ever.
    Palistes said:

But the losers won't be in the game for a long time, if ever.

Ok then scratch that. Do you have any idea of your own?

Tell me u r high without telling me u r high

What's so bad? I already addressed that my ideas may not be good.