**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Random question about account security

Hi guys, i was wondering if it's necessary to change the in game account password from time to time in case there is a leak or something ?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    YezzsYezzs Posts: 21
    No ones stealing ur mcoc acc dw
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,506 ★★★★★
    I have yet to see anyone’s account get compromised unless they shared their password.
  • Options
    IgnieelIgnieel Posts: 53

I have yet to see anyone’s account get compromised unless they shared their password.

Alright perfect then ! thanks :)

• Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

Damn, you changed your pfp lol
    I’ve never seen it not be kingpin
  • Options

He's says this, yet his profile pic (which I always remember as being Kingpin) is now suddenly Hulk. Maybe his account got compromised
    lol!

Time for a change, too many Kingpin imposters around here
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,619 ★★★★★

Not until now
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,012 Guardian

Except for Seatins alt he made after coming back to the game, but that was for a whole different set of reasons
  • Options
    Generally speaking, it’s good security practice do routinely change passwords, that being said, it’s not often followed and even I don’t do it
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Except for Seatins alt he made after coming back to the game, but that was for a whole different set of reasons
    Ooh yeah that’s true. I guess don’t create an account on stream with identifiable info. 😂
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,996 Guardian

I’m aware of three ways accounts have been compromised without direct and deliberately sharing password:

1. Accidentally sharing account recovery information. When did you create your account? Where were you when you created your account? What was your first two purchases? Etc. if someone knows all these things, they could attempt to gain control of your game account, the same way you would prove you owned the account if you forgot the password. This was what happened to Seatin’s new account alt he made on stream. This can also sting people in other contexts: for reference see the movie Now You See Me. I actually saw that one coming.

2. Lose control of the email account you used to sign up for the game. Bonus points if this is the same email account you signed up for iTunes of Google Play. That email would have records of your purchases, and can indirectly have evidence of about when you first signed up for the game. These days, email accounts are critical linchpins of internet security. Lose control of your email account, and losing access to MCOC could be the least of your problems.

3. Lose control of a device that is linked to the game and your iTunes or Google Play account. You don’t need a password to log into the game if you have a linked game on a device. If someone has one of your phones or tablets, they could gain access to your account. And hypothetically, once they are on they could try various social engineering attacks to get full control of the game account.

Of course, if your account password is “cat123” all bets are off.

I am unaware of any instance of a person “hacking” the game servers to change or reveal an account password.