**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

WoW: I have reached the point where I don’t have the skill to continue.

Comments

• Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

The AI doesn't let you. The second you let your guard down, you get whiffed and K.O.'d. Either that or the Regen takes away all your progress. Some people have beaten it. That's great. I've run myself into the ground trying. For one Fight. One. It's ruined every damn thing for me and I'm not that incapable. I'm not the best Player but I'm not the worst. I don't know what the gauge was for content like this but I'm not willing to be a part of it if it's the standard now. It's not right and I'm not going to keep scrambling for crumbs out of this Event.

It’s just this first fight. If it doesn’t work out, let it go and see what the next fight looks like.

On the points you made, I agree—it’s super annoying and I don’t find it a well-conceived fight at all. Adding to that, I had strikers whiffing, got shallow evaded at the worst moment and had frames stuttering at run-in. Also not fun.

Don’t let this one fight ruin what is otherwise a fun aside for you. Life’s too short.

Dr. Zola
    Agree. I've already communicated a few times how I struggle with, let's call them, device issues.
    I didn't like Abyss and I didn't like Necro. It's good content but I don't like the time investment that goes into it.
    I was very much looking forward to WoW. To be able to find a solution for a single fight, practise it and beat it.
    The energy cost and the difficulty ruined it for me.
    I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've been stressed these past few days.

@GroundedWisdom I can imagine that doing it with a 5* Hulk would be very rough. If you're out of resources, impossible.
    Either try it with a champ that is not included in the objectives to get 2 points or let it go as Zola said. Not worth the stress.
  • Options
    PrentexPrentex Posts: 306 ★★
    I agree with the fight being extremely annoying and hope the next one won't be as horrible. The biggest issue is th regen obviously, but i dealt with it like other players described: just quit the fight when he starts to heal.

I did the gamma objective with a 6* R4 Hulk today and i think the method with first try -> get as much damage in as possible, and after starting to revive try the sp1 stun lock before he has a bar of power. It is actually pretty safe you just have to quit in case he throws a special. This was a bit odd at first because it's not what i would normally do, but it's the safest way. I got him down in like 5 revives (i noted the last three revives from 364k -> 230k -> 34k -> abs down) so with hulk with a good run you can get > 200k health before dying.

Before that i spent like >10 refills trying with 7* R2 Overseer but couldn't get the one shot and with overseer you can't get much damage in before abs kills you or throws a special, so reviving with Overseer was not an option for me.

The Sinister Six with Sandman was the easiest for me, he shuts down regen and unblockable, i just got clipped when abs was at 7% -> revive, back to like 30% before i could throw my sp2. That happened i think 2 or 3 times but got him down eventually.

The robot one with guilly 2099 was a huge pain i just took much block damage and used my sp1 to drain his power, it is doable for players with a bit of skill in a few revives as well.

I thought about the huge regen, as it scales with missing health of course it is the most potent when he is almost dead, so maybe for this fight they should have done like 5% of max health or something, would be like 60k when he throws a special, or maybe a threshold that he can't heal up further than his health was before the last revive.
  • Options
    UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 523 ★★★

@GroundedWisdom and @Bulmkt

Dont waste refills going for a good run. Just bash with hulk, go in once to get your angry on then use the next 10 energy to just get it done. Energy better spent exploring TB or doing anything other than headbutting a wall and expecting the next headbutt to result in something other than pain.

I used a 6r3 that I could R5 right now and didn't, because while I did rank aegon and shuri for necro, I'm probably not interested in using resources for one utterly out of tune fight.

I tried @Cat_Murdock method and really struggled.

All I did, punch until he is close to SP1 and pray for good RNG to proc furies, time the unstoppable properly, throw the heavy. Punch past my SP1 and throw it when you wont get another chance for a combo.

Repeat until the stun lock will fail. By then, he is at SP3 and will kill you so spam heavy in the corner until you die...But he won't regen.

Use 20% revives, don't burn health pots. Boost up attack, no point wasting health boosts. Ascend 5* hulk if necessary

On stupid regen fights in general if its not working, pause and quit. Using a revive is still better than a 1.2m fight turning into a 3m.

Is it skillful? No way.

Is it fun? not at all.

Does it get the job done, yep.

I did it with 7 revives the way you explained on how to go about this fight. I used a R4 6* and chaining the stuns was the best way to get huge chunks of health out of Absorbing Man.
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 117 ★★
    @Bulmkt how do you like these Carina challenges 😂😂😂. Bro your post is prophetic
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,560 ★★★★
    NüΚΞ said:

@Bulmkt how do you like these Carina challenges 😂😂😂. Bro your post is prophetic

Maybe lucky timing on my post. Did you see my most recent author reply here? Just after your post are my thoughts on the CCP Carina Challenges,
  • Options

She-Hulk is the best gamma option in my opinion. She counters the unstoppable and L2 stops the regen. Give her a try

i tried. 40 revives later he was below 50% and revived back to 70 so i quit out and stopped trying. you need a VERY kind AI in order to get it done right. the regen + unstoppable + bane is just a giant FU to the vast majority of eligible players.
    you aren't wrong in your description.
  • Options
    AcklesAckles Posts: 1

Same thing happened to me when I went in with my 6r3 Sandman.

After a few revives managed to get him down as far as 23%, then go in again with more revives and a stupidly passive AI and he was back to 60% before I knew it.
    I nearly threw my damn phone.

10 or so revives and about 100 health pots later and I gave up.

I haven't been that pissed off in a fight in a long time.
    There is absolutely nothing enjoyable about wow abs man and the ridiculous objectives.

Who the hell came up eith this fight I don't know, but if this is any indication of what wow is gonna look like, I'll save my money and my resources and go back to super casual playing.

Não subiu posição do homem areia porque então ? Quando se fala evento end game a posição mínima para uma luta é o rank 4 , e está bem acessível subir o heroi , sabe o que é vocês não querem upar os heróis, qual é a dificudade de retaliar o especial dele com um pesado ,ah pelo amor de deus
  • Options
    edited February 16
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I tried 6* r4 doom and didnt workout. My rotations were the problem u need the inbetween heavies and sp1 to keep the unstoppable at bay but I did it. HULK SMASH!!!! R1 unawakened 7* hulk. 9 revives.

Cld have finished in 6 but got cold hands when i saw abs man health going up and down due to regen and my hulks damage, but in the end he went down.

Key is not letting him use a special attack, in my fight he did, so i had heavy to change his form. Dont think too much just Stun lock whenever u can and go ham, just like aegon in necro. @Bulmkt @GroundedWisdom
  • Options
    Its important to remember in mcoc to backout on days when u feel it is going to be a revive fest. I failed these many days and had given but just tried when i saw 70 full energy and yesterday i cld do it. Some days are better than other and yeah i had tried hulk few days ago and cldnt get it together.
  • Options

• Options
    TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 635 ★★★
    I soloed him with Doom , I've overseer r2 duped , no hulk , I've she hulk but I'm not good with her , so it's just one point for me as well
  • Options
    rcm2017 said:

Its important to remember in mcoc to backout on days when u feel it is going to be a revive fest. I failed these many days and had given but just tried when i saw 70 full energy and yesterday i cld do it. Some days are better than other and yeah i had tried hulk few days ago and cldnt get it together.

Tks mate
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 299

750 Units trying the Aegon method and not getting past 180 Combo and 80% down, that just Regens back. This Fight is gross. Nevermind the Dealthless Piece, I'm almost ready to stop playing. If this is the direction the game is heading for content, it's not worth playing for me. When you suck all the enjoyment out of it, there's nothing left to play for.

I know it’s not ideal, but with hulk specifically you can do this and save a tone of units time and energy and the cost of a few revives

If you do a heavy to start, only do 1 combo. Wait for him to finish his unblockable before pushing him to his sp1.

Don’t get close. Don’t throw any secondary heavies.. If you stay far away he won’t special most of the time. If you’re across screen and wait to parry(a few well timed parries won’t kill your).. you can build furries. Push him to his sp2 and use your sp1 before he uses his sp2 .. then you can chain stun him.. if he uses his special.. force close. Quitting will give him too much health. At most a revives later and he’s down. Obviously if you can counter his sp2 you can remove everything but he’ll heal a lot during the special. This is only worth it if he has a ton of vulnerability. Because you will have to land another heavy to get to do damage again. Imo not worth it if you’ve resigned yourself to using revives. Similar method will work with all challenges but keeping your distance with guilly works way better because you can keep him from an sp3. Game then becomes about keeping him from launching a special so you need to be prepared to parry.
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 299
    Hope that helps someone
  • Options
    EidexxEidexx Posts: 7
    I totally agree!!!
  • Options
    arifin74arifin74 Posts: 104
    Now with emptied stash and units, a proper reflection of my skill level, I am confident I should not try any kind of end game content in near future 😝. I Better explore storey content, and allies quest, casually
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,574 ★★★★

Same thing happened to me when I went in with my 6r3 Sandman.

After a few revives managed to get him down as far as 23%, then go in again with more revives and a stupidly passive AI and he was back to 60% before I knew it.
    I nearly threw my damn phone.

10 or so revives and about 100 health pots later and I gave up.

I haven't been that pissed off in a fight in a long time.
    There is absolutely nothing enjoyable about wow abs man and the ridiculous objectives.

Who the hell came up eith this fight I don't know, but if this is any indication of what wow is gonna look like, I'll save my money and my resources and go back to super casual playing.

OK so fast forward to a couple days ago, and I took my sandman to r4 for this.

Persistence pays off. Apparently being stubborn did too, because I finally got the solo with sandman!

This fight is a pain in the ass, but if you are persistent, it can be done, it's just a long fight.

First took him down with 7r1 hulk in 6-7 revives for my gamma objective, then wanted to try sinister objective again.

Took sandman up to r4 and kept trying.

After a couple close attempts (8% before I died, twice in a row) I finally got the solo.

It ain't easy, but if I can do it, you guys can to!

I'm not even close to the top 1%, I play in silver something wars, and map 6 AQ, I'm nowhere close to the skill level that alot of players are, I'm just stubborn. 😅😎