**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anyone else re-watching or watching for the first time X-Men animated series

Supercaptain18Supercaptain18 Posts: 166
edited February 20 in General Discussion
This is the first time I’ve ever watched X-Men the animated series from the 90s only because of the fact that I am a huge marvel fan but I was born in 1999 so when this show was coming out, I wasn’t born yet I’m watching it so I can understand what’s gonna happen in the next season when they add a new season to Disney+ but I’m curious anyone else wonder if we’re gonna get any more obscure mutants or more members of alpha flight anytime soon🤔 I’m thinking somebody like vertigo or hairball or puck or shaman or snowbird or North Star or Aurora or nemesis or talisman or leach maybe

Comments

• Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,022 ★★★★
    No
    But should I watch it? Who r the villains of the show? Apoc I think, right? I saw him and rouge in that...pic
    Is Nimrod there maybe?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★

No
    But should I watch it? Who r the villains of the show? Apoc I think, right? I saw him and rouge in that...pic
    Is Nimrod there maybe?

There are numerous villians
  • Options
    frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 313 ★★★
    90's version is awesome! Gonna be hard to watch the continuation of that series with Wolverine's voice being completely different.
  • Options
    frodo2377 said:

90's version is awesome! Gonna be hard to watch the continuation of that series with Wolverine's voice being completely different.

.....it's the same voice actor. But dude is 32 years older now. Of course he sounds a bit different.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    I have high hopes Disney doesn’t screw this new one up. But…if they do, the OG X-Men cartoons are always waiting—they were great fun with a great theme song.

Dr. Zol
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    I heard there was this awesome rotund villain who was a former wrestler in that show… woulda been great to have him in the game but the community dropped the Blob on that one.
  • Options
    frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 313 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

frodo2377 said:

.....it's the same voice actor. But dude is 32 years older now. Of course he sounds a bit different.
    Guess he's old man logan now. lol

It's cool that they used the same voice actor.
  • Options
    frodo2377 said:

Buttehrs said:

frodo2377 said:

Guess he's old man logan now. lol

It's cool that they used the same voice actor.
    If I'm not mistaken only 2 voice actors changed due to them passing away in real life. Cyclops and magneto. But both sounded just about the same aa the originals so no complaints there.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    they've changed several voices, including having an actual Asian girl voice Jubilee.

https://toonado.com/television/x-men-97-more-casting-changes-and-additions-revealed-including-theo-james-in-mystery-fan-favorite-role-a8272

I rewatched the series back when D+ launched in the UK. I had previously watched the first to and second seasons and part of the third. The UK broadcasts were messed around with in the schedules, as were those of Spider-Man. I watched the whole thing though on D+, then switched to watching/rewatching The Clone Wars and watching Rebels so I was caught up with Ahsoka's exploits before her show arrived. I then watched Spider-Man, Iron Man and Fantastic 4 in 2022. Last year I watched the 90s Incredible Hulk series, but I'm mad I can't watched Avengers United They Stand even if it is trash.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★
    X-Men TAS still has the best (most well executed AND most faithful) version we're likely ever to get of the Dark Phoenix saga. AND the fantastic "Cold Comfort" right inbetween the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix episodes.

I love a lot of the show, it's also just incredibly nostalgic for me. And some plotlines and characters I didn't love - but with such a great rotating cast taking the spotlight, I'd only have to wait an episode or two to see an episode I love.

Cautiously optimistic for the new series, but with a shorter episode order for season 1, I worry it won't have the full breath and life of the original series. And good lord they really kept everyone mostly looking the same except for Storm who they gave that terrible haircut to.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★

No
    Is Nimrod there maybe?

Also Mr Sinister