**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

This is pretty old - Battlerealm (board game)

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★
Announcement way back in 2018.

I only discovered it today. :#
Is it good?

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,681 Guardian
    Only one way to find out :)
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★
    Looks pretty fire to me 🔥🔥🔥
  • Options
    Caught the review on youtube.
    Read the comments ... :D:D:D
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 372 ★★★
    Sign me up!
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,236 ★★★

Announcement way back in 2018.

I only discovered it today. :#
    Is it good?

Amazing
    More details

- 13 Champions to select from, including Contest of Champions exclusives like Guillotine and Civil Warrior
    - 40 different location tiles for replay variety
    13 Champion cards , 52 Champion Power Cards, 6 Reference cards, 6 custom dice, 1 rulebook
    - The game is for 3-6 players
  • Options
    (from back fine-print)

“See offer inside for exclusive content redeemable in the mobile game MCOC. Limited time only”
    Also seems to refer to Marvel Insider Rewards, so that might have been the method used to give you that something in MCOC game.

Wonder what that exclusive content was ? I assume maybe one of the Champs, probably as a 4* (the Vision in board game looks like the “common” one, so maybe it was Kabam created Guilly or Civil Warrior ?)
    @SpideyFunko , do you recall ?

And I remember the “Art of the BattleRealm” book from back then (see link OP included at top). Think Kabam had a contest giveaway for a copy of the book at one point.
    But totally forgot that a game existed as well (and don’t recall anyone ever providing pics of the game).
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    I won it a couple years ago at Christmas time, along with a card, autographed Funko, and a napsack. Haven't opened it. It's in my display cabinet.
  • Options
    edited February 22

happy to talk in-depth about it if anyone is curious

I could get it (I think) for about USD20 but it is going to be like a MCOC collector item rather than a game to play.
    But the review on it was real bad, the sixth player could get KO without playing a single round based on official rules.
    Is that even right?
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,399 ★★★★
    Thats so cool. I had no idea it existed.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

I could get it (I think) for about USD20 but it is going to be like a MCOC collector item rather than a game to play.
    But the review on it was real bad, the sixth player could get KO without playing a single round based on official rules.
    Is that even right?
    I guess if the other five players ganged up on them and the starting conditions were just right, it’s possible. But I’ve also seen that happen in a game of Risk, although technically speaking the first person eliminated from a game of Risk is not necessarily the person I would call the “loser.”
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,236 ★★★
    As we can see there are Stickers with the pack or if Im wrong... plastic figures
  • Options

As we can see there are Stickers with the pack or if Im wrong... plastic figures

It is not sticker but cut-out figures attached to the transparent stand and used as some moving pieces like in monopoly.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★

(from back fine-print)

“See offer inside for exclusive content redeemable in the mobile game MCOC. Limited time only”
    Also seems to refer to Marvel Insider Rewards, so that might have been the method used to give you that something in MCOC game.

Wonder what that exclusive content was ? I assume maybe one of the Champs, probably as a 4* (the Vision in board game looks like the “common” one, so maybe it was Kabam created Guilly or Civil Warrior ?)
    @SpideyFunko , do you recall ?

And I remember the “Art of the BattleRealm” book from back then (see link OP included at top). Think Kabam had a contest giveaway for a copy of the book at one point.
    But totally forgot that a game existed as well (and don’t recall anyone ever providing pics of the game).

the “exclusive” stuff was like an ultimate crystal and some other random things that made sense when the game first launched
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★

Is that even right?
    i’ve never actually played it with six but that sounds about right yeah the rules can be kinda unforgiving