**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Dealing with Necro Stryfe

Hi guys - I'm working on Necropolis exploration and am planning on starting path 4 (also my fourth path) this weekend. I'm running the typical Aegon team + Wiccan and I'm trying to decide who to take for Diablo and, more specifically, Stryfe.

I'm torn between my 7* R2 Shuri and my 6* R3 Torch. With Torch I can basically mash, and while it will still take a bunch of revives, it will be fairly stress free. I haven't taken any 6* R3's into Necro though and that worries me. Shuri will be fine for Diablo, but I'm concerned that with everything going on in that Stryfe fight (and especially if I get on a tilt), it may turn into even more of a revive dump if I can't hit a rhythm.

Thoughts?

There is a small chance that I could take Torch to R4 before the run, and I have ascension dust on hand - so that's an option. I would also love any links to streams / runs where people used Shuri or a lower ranked Torch for Stryfe. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 931 ★★★★
    Used my r5 ascended Fury, r4 Torch and r4 Hercules. Took 1 try of them each to get Stryfe down. I think with Torch I got him down roughly to 67%, then Hercules got him down to roughly 45%, then Fury shocking wiped the floor with him.
  • Options
    I think I used a combo of Rank 2 Shuri & Guilly 2099 for Stryfe? Been a few months.
    He looks a lot harder on paper, imo
    It's a pretty chaotic fight, but the untouchable on Shuri makes it kinda fun
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 1,022 ★★★★
    I used aegon and 2 or 3 revs I can't remember. It's super chaotic but it wasnt...hard? Ik it sounds weird but once you get in the groove you'll be suprised by how much health is gone.

Small tip if you're trying aegon: You can do the heavy fury thing if stryfe has less than 2 charges and you won't get stunned. If you're worried about dying you can rinse and repeat that to deal like 20 percent a go
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 263 ★★
    Funnily enough I used Stryfe for Stryfe. He counters his SP1 with the psychic shielding also the miss mechanic with the trap node lets you build charges. It made it very easy
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,490 ★★★★★
    I used Aegon. Was more worried about it than necessary. Didn’t have Shuri for Diablo so I used Sandman.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,388 ★★★★★
    I use ægon one both Diablo and strife’s and it wasn’t bad 3 reviews one strife 2 one Diablo got lucky he never liked to use sp so I got 3 sp3 of in one attempt so was pretty much lucky involved to
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,652 ★★★★★
    Are you worried about Galan at all? I’ve seen a few people take him with Aegon, but I’ve seen the same with Stryfe. Looking to do Path 4 in the next few days and am debating between just Aegon or using Stryfe for Stryfe.
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 1,022 ★★★★
    edited February 24

Are you worried about Galan at all? I’ve seen a few people take him with Aegon, but I’ve seen the same with Stryfe. Looking to do Path 4 in the next few days and am debating between just Aegon or using Stryfe for Stryfe.

Its totally fine with aegon. He's going to kill you if he actives harvest 2 times so after the first one just lock him in the sp3 stun and you can whale on him for awhile. I used 2 revs
  • Options
    TheFifty9SoundTheFifty9Sound Posts: 23
    I did this over the weekend. For the record, I went with Shuri, but I wish I took Torch. I ended up using Aegon for Stryfe and it was fine - took me 9 revives.

What I wasn’t expecting was Diablo to give me as much trouble as he did. He also took me 9 revives with Shuri (and I always heal up). I’m not good at his mini game so it was really a race to do as much damage as I could before it killed me. Shuri stopped the regen, but Torch would have reversed it, and I think that would have been faster.

Hope this informs someone else’s choice in the future!
  • Options
    TheFifty9SoundTheFifty9Sound Posts: 23

I used 7* R1 Wiccan for Galan. Long and boring fight, but it was fine. Took me 7 revives. I also tried a team revive to see if Shuri and Aegon would work, but I went backwards with his regen, so I could have done it in less had that not happened.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,666 ★★★★★
    I'm doing this path shortly, going with

max Aegon
    7r2 Shuri
    7r2 Wiccan
    Heimdall, Prox

I still don't have torch, but honestly having the higher rank and relic on Shuri is a big help.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,993 ★★★★

I think I used a combo of Rank 2 Shuri & Guilly 2099 for Stryfe? Been a few months.
    He looks a lot harder on paper, imo
    It's a pretty chaotic fight, but the untouchable on Shuri makes it kinda fun

what he said, and shuri v stryfe was so fun for no reason cuz u were both untouchable for long periods of time and i didn't even know why tbh
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,993 ★★★★

aegon did galan fine for me
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 216 ★★
    edited February 28
    If you have a Photon, bring her to the Stryfe fight, she's the perfect counter.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,555 ★★★★★
    Stryfe is way easier with Aegon. All these ytubers are creating too much hype for stryfe. I don't think he is even among the top 5 tough fights in necro.

For stryfe use Aegon and play slowly. Always do 5 hit combos, end with a light attack, get hit and get the fury, then unleash the powerful sp2. It just took me 5 revives for stryfe.

The one you should be more worried in that path is galan. I can't imagine fighting him without doom. If you're using aegon ,you need atleast 7-8 revives cuz if galan launch a sp3 or somehow gets to harvest, it's a definite death for you and also he heals like there's no tomorrow.

I used 5* torch for diablo so 6* one works. Just remember to have 5+ incenerate when diablo launch a sp1
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,555 ★★★★★

max Aegon
    7r2 Shuri
    7r2 Wiccan
    Heimdall, Prox

I still don't have torch, but honestly having the higher rank and relic on Shuri is a big help.

You can use sandman, photon or Anti Venom. Shuri is not what I'll recommend, but she can get it done.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    I used gamora and it was fairly easy and straightforward
  • Options
    PrentexPrentex Posts: 325 ★★
    i also used Gamora 7*R3, important is to get to 8 buffs quickly then it is a really fun fight, you can ignore all thats going on...She is definitely one of the best counters for this fight, also for the whole path with the miss mechanic if i remember correctly
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,666 ★★★★★

max Aegon
    7r2 Shuri
    7r2 Wiccan
    Heimdall, Prox

You can use sandman, photon or Anti Venom. Shuri is not what I'll recommend, but she can get it done.
    Shuri is going to do another fight for me, I think. Anyway her at r2 with a 6* relic would outweigh the others for me (only have photon from that list). I've tried not to bring guys for one fight - although maybe I should've for Airwalker!