How to get Valiant

PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,080 ★★★★★
OK so I understand the requirements - finish 8.3 and have 2x R3 7* - but my question is how the heck do you pull together the resources to R3 2 7* champs??

I've done a single run of Necropolis and I'm in absolutely no hurry to do it again - not only am I very short on revives but it was a massive time suck that I just don't have available.

So - barring exploring Necropolis and getting the generic R3 gem there, how else are you expected to gather the resources, particularly the T4 Alphas?

I'm sure I'm missing something super obvious but there seems to be a ton of Valiants running around - did you all explore Necropolis??

Comments

• JeancrbJeancrb Member Posts: 222 ★★
    edited February 26

I'm sure I'm missing something super obvious but there seems to be a ton of Valiants running around - did you all explore Necropolis??

I did finish to explore it last week as a f2p ! I was constantly buying all the revive/potions offers for 500 units. And before that I didn't spend any of my units for Black Friday or the gifting event as the rewards weren't good in comparison of the Necropolis exploration or the daily vaillant cristal.

But to answer your first question, there will be a lot of contents coming soon with r3 material. For exemple I'm pretty sure there will be a gem r2 -> r3 as a reward for the exploration of chapter 8.

Edit: I just realized your question wasn't about how did we necropolis lol sorry.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,080 ★★★★★
    Thanks all - one one hand I'm glad I wasn't missing something, on the other hand it's still demoralising :smile:
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,325 ★★★★
    For now, if not doing a Necropolis 100%, it *should* be included in the 100% exploration rewards of Act 8.

Considering I’ve only done one path for completion, either method is going to take me a loooooong time.
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Member Posts: 272 ★★★
    edited February 27
    I've never even heard of some of those.

Yes, most of us explored Necropolis. And then yes a number of Valiants completed Necropolis and paid their way to a 2nd r3 7* by buying enough deals containing t4a catalyst fragments between Cyber Weekend and Banquet.

The only other free way to get Necropolis is when 8.4 releases - back when they first announced Necropolis and the Valiant title, Kabam told us there was only two ways to get Valiant:

1. 100% Necropolis
    2. Necropolis Completion for the first r3 7*, and then 100% Act 8 (yes, the whole Act) for the second r3 7*.

Expect a Class 7* r3 Gem Crystal for the full Act 8 100%, I doubt they’ll give a Generic r3 gem.

If I had to guess, we’ll probably see 8.4 release in April, so you have until then (again, this is a guess) to make sure you’ve explored 8.1, 8.2, and 8.3. Good luck brotha!

Yeah I've done a completion of 8.3 so I'm doubling back and exploring now, starting with 8.3 and working backwards. Hopefully I'll get it at least mostly done.

Thanks!

For now, if not doing a Necropolis 100%, it *should* be included in the 100% exploration rewards of Act 8.

Considering I’ve only done one path for completion, either method is going to take me a loooooong time.

I've actually been really pleased with how much easier Act 8 was compared to even Act 7, I feel like exploring it's not going to be THAT much of an issue, certainly quicker than exploring Necropolis - unless I spend the time learning Kate and Shuri.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,325 ★★★★

I've actually been really pleased with how much easier Act 8 was compared to even Act 7, I feel like exploring it's not going to be THAT much of an issue, certainly quicker than exploring Necropolis - unless I spend the time learning Kate and Shuri.
    Certainly with 8.3 and 8.4 having less lanes, that'll be nice. And I'm sure I'm going to do it! I just honestly can't juggle everything at the same time and eventually I'm gonna have to take time off from doing Event Quest so I can explore Chapter 8, which I definitely want to do.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,324 ★★★★★
    Just r5 Ascend AegonGod and do 100% Necro lol, very easy.
    Or wait for 8.4 😢
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,812 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Just r5 Ascend AegonGod and do 100% Necro lol, very easy.
    Or wait for 8.4 😢

very easy is a bit of stretch I'll say☠️
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,084 ★★★
    Yeah, try to do the Guilly challenge and get more rewards while exploring. I am also working backwards on Act 8 exploration. Finished 8.3 last month and only 7 paths to explore 8.2 but still have 25 for 8.1. Should be done by Spring Cleaning hopefully…
    Mcoc Noob is really good for this obviously but have to consider the new champs that might be able to do these paths since they did their paths a long time ago.
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★

Don’t forget about the weird payment options Xsolla has brought to us

From this list, I only know 7Eleven
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,244 ★★★★★
    the release projection according to "history" suggests 8.4 will release next month in March.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,708 ★★★★★
    Necropolis isn't even that bad, certainly way cheaper than the people that bought the second r3.

Necropolis isn't even that bad, certainly way cheaper than the people that bought the second r3.

Oh for sure, cost-wise it's definitely the way to go. But between the time sink, the revive cost, and the learning-curve on Kate and Shuri, it's just not an option for me right now. So I'm left with secret option #3 - give up being Valiant for a while and do other stuff (explore Act 8) while I wait.
    SammyDe said:

Yeah, try to do the Guilly challenge and get more rewards while exploring. I am also working backwards on Act 8 exploration. Finished 8.3 last month and only 7 paths to explore 8.2 but still have 25 for 8.1. Should be done by Spring Cleaning hopefully…
    Mcoc Noob is really good for this obviously but have to consider the new champs that might be able to do these paths since they did their paths a long time ago.

Oh yes I need to look into the Guilly challenge - although I don't have any of them ranked up so that'll be an investment. I THINK I have G2099, OG, and Purgatory as 6*