February Monthly Quest Timer

KagonKagon Member Posts: 2
So the timer was showing there was another day left in the February monthly quest as of 10-12 hour's ago. I was planning to to do the paragon gauntlet tonight. I got lucky and woke up and all of a sudden the timer showed on 2minutes left. I was able to get in and finish it when the timer expired during my run. Although because the timer expired during my run I never got the chance to do the quest with the romance character for the ascension shards. This is kind of messed up when the timer shows one thing and then at some point switched to something else during the 10-12 hours when away. I asked my alliance to see if anyone else noticed the timer being different than what was displayed and several others also verified it was still showing a day left when they checked. Is this gonna be remedied in some way or can we just not trust the in game timers on events anymore as i'd still like to get that run in for the ascension material....

Comments

• MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Was the same for me with Woe Nebula
  • ArocPart2ArocPart2 Member Posts: 16
    Was wondering how long it would take the group of guys who forgot about the monthly reset to show up and cry foul
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,837 ★★★★★
    You probably got caught by the 24 hour grace period that extends the time when you’re in the quest but disappears when you’re not in the quest.
  • KagonKagon Member Posts: 2

You probably got caught by the 24 hour grace period that extends the time when you’re in the quest but disappears when you’re not in the quest.

Definitely got in and think that saved me at least getting the run in as jumped in with 2min left on it. But couldn't get back in with romance characters.
    ArocPart2 said:

Was wondering how long it would take the group of guys who forgot about the monthly reset to show up and cry foul

Umm, timer showed 1 day and several hours left literally 12 hours or so ago. Not sure how it's crying foul when the timer says 1 day 12 hours left and you come in 10 hours later expecting 1 day still and it's gone. Pretty sure you'd be peeved yourself if you get a bill that says you have 48 hours to pay and 24 hours later they say, nope it was actually only 24 and here's your late fees.