Options

A suggestion to make Battlegrounds less painful

Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 506 ★★★
edited March 17 in General Discussion
I think something that would make the game mode a little less aggressive and unfair to the accounts without a full deck of >25,000 PI champs would be to throw in some AI teams such as "Kang Team and Thanos Team" onto lower progression ranks in the VT.

Kind of like what they do with arena, these are champs that have no masteries applied and so the stat's will be a bit less, and maybe they could tune the AI to be less bs.

Especially if a summoner has one medal to go, instead of pairing an uncollected with a "deathmatch" Paragon or valiant, pair them with an AI generated Team with completely randomised champs from the pool, that isn't going to automatically ban all of their best champs.

I am thinking it would help get lower rated accounts out of the starting blocks at least, so they can become interested in the mode and not get steamrolled and discouraged.

Comments

• Options

And I'm not biased at all, let it be known the fact I have lost my last 25 matches straight in Diamond 2 has nothing to do with it.

Diamond 2 is not the starting blocks, its the final corner before home straight to GC.
    Kabam have decided that to get to GC you must face all comers in the final tiers.
    I know it's not the starting blocks, my suggestion is aimed more at Bronze and Silver tiers, my problem falls under "skill issue" and I need to build a better roster and come back.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,373 ★★★★★

And I'm not biased at all, let it be known the fact I have lost my last 25 matches straight in Diamond 2 has nothing to do with it.

Diamond 2 is not the starting blocks, its the final corner before home straight to GC.
    Kabam have decided that to get to GC you must face all comers in the final tiers.
    I know it's not the starting blocks, my suggestion is aimed more at Bronze and Silver tiers, my problem falls under "skill issue" and I need to build a better roster and come back.
    Bronze and Silver already have curated match making plus you get the 2 points for a win and only lose one for a loss.
    They are not meeting 25k PI accounts at that point.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

Battlegrounds
    Not participation grounds.

Lower decks will continue to lose after they reach a certain point in competition and that's how things works. Bruh.

Fact you reached diamond and you refuse to admit that you've hit your account limit is something something.

You know, the fact you think my account is the limiting factor and not my skill, is comforting.

I'll take that as a compliment, "bruh".
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,573 ★★★★★
    Yes, I can't judge your skill by post but since you said you don't have good deck that's why I suggested to improve deck.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

Yes, I can't judge your skill by post but since you said you don't have good deck that's why I suggested to improve deck.

I'm used to getting skill issue comments is all, thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,484 ★★★★★

Bronze and Silver already have curated match making plus you get the 2 points for a win and only lose one for a loss.
    I think OPs idea is terrible but I gotta say, prestige based matchmaking is not working properly in those lower tiers either. I started on Silver 3 this season, my prestige is 19k and for the first 7 days all I faced was 10k-13k prestige accounts, either something's wrong with matchmaking or the game mode is indeed losing a ton of players.
  • Options

I think OPs idea is terrible but I gotta say, prestige based matchmaking is not working properly in those lower tiers either. I started on Silver 3 this season, my prestige is 19k and for the first 7 days all I faced was 10k-13k prestige accounts, either something's wrong with matchmaking or the game mode is indeed losing a ton of players.
    You think my idea is terrible, yet you go on to prove me right.

Another good thing about my idea is beating an AI champ doesn't knock another player down.

And an AI can also step in if it's been too long on the counter and a match hasn't been found against a player, filling in lost time.

What don't you like about it?
  • Options
    xLunatiXx said:

Bro wants BG rewards with Arena difficulty... What are you smoking 😂

For bronze and silver tiers lower account progression, not an area I am having trouble with.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,265 ★★★★★

I think something that would make the game mode a little less aggressive and unfair to the accounts without a full deck of >25,000 PI champs would be to throw in some AI teams such as "Kang Team and Thanos Team" onto lower progression ranks in the VT.

Kind of like what they do with arena, these are champs that have no masteries applied and so the stat's will be a bit less, and maybe they could tune the AI to be less bs.

Especially if a summoner has one medal to go, instead of pairing an uncollected with a "deathmatch" Paragon or valiant, pair them with an AI generated Team with completely randomised champs from the pool, that isn't going to automatically ban all of their best champs.

I am thinking it would help get lower rated accounts out of the starting blocks at least, so they can become interested in the mode and not get steamrolled and discouraged.

You only PLAY in act6 right
  • Options
    EakomoEakomo Posts: 45
    edited March 17

While I don't fully agree with OPs, having bot accounts at different strengths at each level, especially with the current battlegrounds setup can help balance the matchmaking that can easily get skewed in a particular direction for 10+ matches. Also can be a way to introduce new defenders at a lower level than you might find them in the wild
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,510 ★★★★★
    I don't think battlegrounds is for you. It's a competitive mode playing for the exact same rewards. Stick to solo where you just can randomly tap the screen with one hand, throw a few revives at it, and "win". Just going to go out on a limb and say you have quite a few participation trophies displayed in your room?
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 219 ★★
    Still blows my mind how people think it is competitive, name 5 F2P players at the top of the GC ranks. The game is pay to win bottom line
  • Options

I don't think battlegrounds is for you. It's a competitive mode playing for the exact same rewards. Stick to solo where you just can randomly tap the screen with one hand, throw a few revives at it, and "win". Just going to go out on a limb and say you have quite a few participation trophies displayed in your room?

Here before you get jailed for unnecessary uncalled taunts 🤣
  • Options
    Grub88 said:

Still blows my mind how people think it is competitive, name 5 F2P players at the top of the GC ranks. The game is pay to win bottom line

Competitive f2p can reach at least Quantum, rewards there are very very eye-catching tho if you want best of best rewards and top-5 then yes you must have best of best decks.
  • Options
    XSquadXSquad Posts: 146 ★★
    Issue with current system is that bigger rosters that do not push for celestial are hanging back the entire month to point farm on smaller rosters. With the upcoming buff to solo and alliance rewards this will only fuel their efforts. There needs to be something that pushes these people to push more consistently to GC. Maybe give added rewards and/or a higher point floor in GC for getting there as the first 100, 1000 and so on. They did have something similar in beta when they gave 150 points to TB accounts just to start. If you told people that being the first 500 would get you 100 GC points that you could not go below they may push earlier and matchmaking would be fine as is.
  • Options
    XSquadXSquad Posts: 146 ★★
    XSquad said:

Issue with current system is that bigger rosters that do not push for celestial are hanging back the entire month to point farm on smaller rosters. With the upcoming buff to solo and alliance rewards this will only fuel their efforts. There needs to be something that pushes these people to push more consistently to GC. Maybe give added rewards and/or a higher point floor in GC for getting there as the first 100, 1000 and so on. They did have something similar in beta when they gave 150 points to TB accounts just to start. If you told people that being the first 500 would get you 100 GC points that you could not go below they may push earlier and matchmaking would be fine as is.

Having said that...it is their right to play the month that way. Doesn't bother me as I have been fine every season so far...
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,319 ★★★
    GrO_ot78 said:

The easiest is to start Valiants in Vib3, Paragons in D3, and TBs in Plat3, regardless of how you did it last season. Then 99% of all players' frustration disappears.

Amazing idea

Kabam guys ☝️🙏

Of course after smaller accounts reach Plat3 or better they need to face TB's , Par's and Val's.

• Options
    Disthene_TDisthene_T Posts: 30
    I really like this idea of AI decks for lower tiers. It combats a few issues.

Super big accounts shouldn't be hanging around stomping Uncollected and Cav accounts, but it is also a bit unfair for them to only face other crazy strong opponents in Bronze and Silver. A middle ground is the throw in some generic AI accounts that large account can stomp easily enough and move on quickly to their more appropriate tier.

To avoid exploitation, these matches should award no points for solo event or objectives (don't want people farming AI accounts for points). I think this would be necessary since the AI can't makes great nuanced decisions regarding drafts and matchups. It would be really easy to manipulate. Also they would probably lack masteries.

The main idea is to catapult the strong players out of tiers they clearly don't belong in.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,265 ★★★★★
    XSquad said:

I at diamond’s I wait because the rewards doesn’t really se that’s crazy so i just do like 3 win ever 2 days to get those tokens that’s it
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,812 ★★★★
    One suggestion would be not make it mandatory for a locked content. That way it's easier to tell myself not to play BG.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,239 ★★★★

I really like this idea of AI decks for lower tiers. It combats a few issues.

Super big accounts shouldn't be hanging around stomping Uncollected and Cav accounts, but it is also a bit unfair for them to only face other crazy strong opponents in Bronze and Silver. A middle ground is the throw in some generic AI accounts that large account can stomp easily enough and move on quickly to their more appropriate tier.

To avoid exploitation, these matches should award no points for solo event or objectives (don't want people farming AI accounts for points). I think this would be necessary since the AI can't makes great nuanced decisions regarding drafts and matchups. It would be really easy to manipulate. Also they would probably lack masteries.

The main idea is to catapult the strong players out of tiers they clearly don't belong in.

If you get no points for solo events and objectives, most players would not be interested in this idea. Since they would get to GC with no points for solo or for the daily objectives. Once there they will say the same thing, I can't win since I'm facing all the big accounts. How am I suppose to do my solo event and objectives. The best way is have a tier for all different progession titles (uncollected, cavalier, TB, etc) with rewards accordingly plus an open free for all tier that anyone can play for the best rewards.
  • Options
    Disthene_TDisthene_T Posts: 30

If you get no points for solo events and objectives, most players would not be interested in this idea. Since they would get to GC with no points for solo or for the daily objectives. Once there they will say the same thing, I can't win since I'm facing all the big accounts. How am I suppose to do my solo event and objectives. The best way is have a tier for all different progession titles (uncollected, cavalier, TB, etc) with rewards accordingly plus an open free for all tier that anyone can play for the best rewards.

The way I'm thinking about it, there is a weird phenomenon where for some Paragon players, Bronze and Silver are particularly hellish because the smaller accounts are shielded from them. So they end up with a bunch of tough fights against similar or higher accounts. For some players, The low ranks end up being harder than the higher ones because as they rise they are able to a wider span of account sizes.

The current system allows top 20% or Cavalier players to rise through Gold faster than the bottom 20% or Paragon players because of the protections on small accounts. I want smaller accounts to be able to play, but if they are passing accounts who could easily beat them, it becomes odd. These "easy AI matches" allow both to proceed to the more open brackets. The small accounts can have fair competition among themselves, and the larger accounts move ahead of them without making things miserable for others.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,033 ★★★★

U what? 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 219 ★★
    PT_99 said:

Grub88 said:

Competitive f2p can reach at least Quantum, rewards there are very very eye-catching tho if you want best of best rewards and top-5 then yes you must have best of best decks.
    Exactly so if deck size is a contributing factor then the competition is who has the bigger wallet.

I like the idea by @GrO_ot78 this prevents the high progression tier decks from staying in really low tiers and farming the low accounts. Alternatively make the Solo and Alliance events more geared towards participation and not just winning to stop them wanting to fight low progression tiers.