**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Too many 5* Falcons?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Guys kabam have never said champ pulls are rng, industry people have said they will be using a highly sophisticated algorithm, it's obvious they have a good or bad list of champs (not summoners) as if you spin the crystals the amount of times your poor champ is surrounded by god tiers. Also evidenced by the amount of punishers you see if you spin an arena crystal vs the odds of actually pulling one ( note kabam have openly said the spin is purely visual) the instant you spin your champ is already decided.and i had thought it was generally regarded that the god tier champs are rarer, One theory is that at any time you spin the crystals the rare champs may or may not be in there as they seem to be released at certain times so if you see someone has pulled a god tier champ it's a good idea to pull then, this theory is from the amount of times people note that often people in their alliance pull the same champ at similar times.
    some people even use this theory on uncollected arena crystals.
    Obviously kabam know there are better or worse champs in their pool, they nerf and buff them sometimes, another commonly regarded theory is that post 12.0 nerfs the odds of pulling the then nerfed god tier champs greatly increased
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I haven't seen anyone in my alliance get a Falcon. But we have plenty of HBs, She hulks, ant-mans and Colossus to go around.

I don't have any of those. What am I doing wrong?!!
  • Options
    One other commonly held theory is that the odds of pulling the newly released champs seems to be much greater for a short period after they are released into the pool.
    Ps those are all theories and I don't think anyone has confirmed or kabam have ever denied them, would love to see if anyone has done statistical analysis, probably the easiest test would be what champs are missing from veterans accounts (say those with over 90% of the pool as it was a year ago to avoid the annomaly created by feature crystals) and see if the semi god and god tier champs feature more on the list that those not regarded in those tiers
  • Options
    Ps in the last 5/6 weeks 5 of my alliance have pulled Ultron, I haven't noticed any great rate of the others but I always considered red cyclops a common champ (he was my first 5*)
  • Options
    Vinh225Vinh225 Posts: 164
    Vinh225 wrote: »
    Yes, although the crystals may be described as being fair and 100% random in the description, I'm pretty sure Kabam have rigged it (cue all the people who have received a good 5* and are just sucking up to Kabam). They INCREASE the odds of getting one of the really worthless, basic champions, but they throw the decent ones in there too, to make it seem like people can get them, when in reality, the chances of getting a Hyperion or Gwenpool are highly unlikely. I clap for Kabam for doing it this way, but the more attentive and sharper players will figure this out in a heartbeat, no doubt about it. And if others don't, I'll ensure that I make it known.

Mate, read back what you posted, really read it. Right:

You are ignoring the people just on this thread alone that didnt get a Falcon. Many other champs listed. Go to reddit, literally 100s of people with screen shots etc who pulled Stark Spidey, SL, DV etc. Even the OP said they pulled an Ultron as well, pretty good champ. Thats random. Just because you didnt get what you wanted, and you "say" you know a few others that didnt as well, doesnt mean its not random

Then we have the obligatory claim that you are more aware than the rest of us, can see more than we see, that you are simply more clever than us. And if we dont agree with you, then this shows that we are stupid!!

Then the threat to Kabam that You, and you alone will make sure every person who plays this game knows that the RNG is fixed. How you will do this is not explained, and the fact that virtually no-one cares what you think on this, or believes you doesnt seem to register

BUT, this is my favourite!! Kabam have a naughty and nice list!! That is literally what you state! That Kabam spend the time to go through 50,000,000+ accounts on a daily basis, decide if they like that player or not and put them on the appropriate list. THEN, they go into 50,000,000 accounts, again, every single day, to change what that player will pull from whatever crystal they pull!! (times that by infinity as to how many times a day a player pops a crystal) Who decides who is on which list? Who decides what 50,000,000+ accounts will get? What do you have to do to get on the good list? What did you do to get on the naughty list? Etc etc. And then we have to believe that Kabam, who wants to keep the company running, pay wages and bills etc and (God forbid) make a profit, decide to do this is annoy many millions of customers so much they stop spending on the game and even stop being a customer

If you can not see that this seriously insane, and just not possible even, then I suggest you get some help

The fact that you dont get the champs you want when you want them, and that others are better at the game than you, means you have to create this massive "rigged" crystal thing to appease your massive sense of entitlement

Isnt it much much much much more likely that its RNG and just random?

Oi oi, another mini-mod over here.
  • Options
    SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    Yep, got Falcon as well. Weird.
  • Options
    Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Yes, although the crystals may be described as being fair and 100% random in the description, I'm pretty sure Kabam have rigged it (cue all the people who have received a good 5* and are just sucking up to Kabam). They INCREASE the odds of getting one of the really worthless, basic champions, but they throw the decent ones in there too, to make it seem like people can get them, when in reality, the chances of getting a Hyperion or Gwenpool are highly unlikely. I clap for Kabam for doing it this way, but the more attentive and sharper players will figure this out in a heartbeat, no doubt about it. And if others don't, I'll ensure that I make it known.

Mate, read back what you posted, really read it. Right:

You are ignoring the people just on this thread alone that didnt get a Falcon. Many other champs listed. Go to reddit, literally 100s of people with screen shots etc who pulled Stark Spidey, SL, DV etc. Even the OP said they pulled an Ultron as well, pretty good champ. Thats random. Just because you didnt get what you wanted, and you "say" you know a few others that didnt as well, doesnt mean its not random

Then we have the obligatory claim that you are more aware than the rest of us, can see more than we see, that you are simply more clever than us. And if we dont agree with you, then this shows that we are stupid!!

Then the threat to Kabam that You, and you alone will make sure every person who plays this game knows that the RNG is fixed. How you will do this is not explained, and the fact that virtually no-one cares what you think on this, or believes you doesnt seem to register

BUT, this is my favourite!! Kabam have a naughty and nice list!! That is literally what you state! That Kabam spend the time to go through 50,000,000+ accounts on a daily basis, decide if they like that player or not and put them on the appropriate list. THEN, they go into 50,000,000 accounts, again, every single day, to change what that player will pull from whatever crystal they pull!! (times that by infinity as to how many times a day a player pops a crystal) Who decides who is on which list? Who decides what 50,000,000+ accounts will get? What do you have to do to get on the good list? What did you do to get on the naughty list? Etc etc. And then we have to believe that Kabam, who wants to keep the company running, pay wages and bills etc and (God forbid) make a profit, decide to do this is annoy many millions of customers so much they stop spending on the game and even stop being a customer

If you can not see that this seriously insane, and just not possible even, then I suggest you get some help

The fact that you dont get the champs you want when you want them, and that others are better at the game than you, means you have to create this massive "rigged" crystal thing to appease your massive sense of entitlement

Isnt it much much much much more likely that its RNG and just random?

Oi oi, another mini-mod over here.

Wow, I give a detailed and logical reply, that you cant find any fault with at all. And all you have is "min-mod" dig! lol One, thats a compliment so thanks, and two, maybe get some more education so you understand what the grown-ups discuss?

Maybe try and explain your stupid claims in more detail, with proof and examples and try to win people over that you may be correct? Or is the fact that you cant do this, and there is no proof at all stopping you doing this? But, surely someone as attentive and sharper than the rest of us such as you (thats what you claim) it should be realy easy for you to prove what you say, even slightly, in any way at all? Not " I know some people who say they got falcons", but you know, actually prove it? And a reply to your " naughty and nice" list claim would be welcomed? How they would do this, how many literally millions of hours it would take to do and the cost etc? Plus why they would do this, to lose customers and income? But no, a one line childish insult and you done

So, we are safe to assume that it really is just your own inflated ego (with no reason at all for having one) is the reason for your constant moaning
  • Options
    Snaggle wrote: »
    Yep, got Falcon as well. Weird.

sorry for you mate, but not weird at all is it really? Some people will get him. I got Groot, ally member got Stark, another got Blade (git!!) Go on reddit, literally so many brag claims getting good pulls. You and me got rubbish, thats what random is
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    No Falcons for us. I just pulled an AV though. Not mad. Lol. It's RNG. It's not uncommon.
  • Options
    TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    Odds?
    Then why people don't get too many Icemans, Gwenpools, Ghostriders, Voodoos etc. Something's wrong
    (for sure)!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    TonyStark wrote: »
    Odds?
    Then why people don't get too many Icemans, Gwenpools, Ghostriders, Voodoos etc. Something's wrong
    (for sure)!

How do you know they dont? Like I said, go on reddit or similar and there are way more brag posts pulling them that there are people saying they pulled rubbish. One person on here, or your own pull, is not proof that no-one gets good champs. My own ally is an example, they all seem to get much better pulls than me, doesnt mean its fixed, its just random

One ally member, a f2p as well, pulled 3 featured 5* last week. Got Stark, duped SL and got DV! Me, and I spend about £200-300 a month on the game, got Groot, duped Loki and got Mordo (not too bad) so why is he on the nice list and I am on the naughty list?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Odds?
    (for sure)!

How do you know they dont? Like I said, go on reddit or similar and there are way more brag posts pulling them that there are people saying they pulled rubbish. One person on here, or your own pull, is not proof that no-one gets good champs. My own ally is an example, they all seem to get much better pulls than me, doesnt mean its fixed, its just random

Correct. It's also subjective. It's based on what we want and don't want. We see someone get whay we want, we believe it's preference. We get what we don't want, we think it's rigged. It's all just a perception thing. RNG is RNG.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Odds?
    (for sure)!

One ally member, a f2p as well, pulled 3 featured 5* last week. Got Stark, duped SL and got DV! Me, and I spend about £200-300 a month on the game, got Groot, duped Loki and got Mordo (not too bad) so why is he on the nice list and I am on the naughty list?

Do you not believe in the spending algorithm conspiracy?
  • Options
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    Odds?
    (for sure)!

Do you not believe in the spending algorithm conspiracy?

well obviously that is not the case as can be seen just from my example alone? I should have shiz lad of good stuff, but all I have is poo, so no, I dont believe in it mate
  • Options
    well obviously that is not the case as can be seen just from my example alone? I should have shiz lad of good stuff, but all I have is poo, so no, I dont believe in it mate

There is actually a conspiracy theory going around of the opposite of what you are saying: That the less you spend, specifically, spending less than you usually do for a period of time, will reward you with better pulls in order to encourage you to spend again.
  • Options

There is actually a conspiracy theory going around of the opposite of what you are saying: That the less you spend, specifically, spending less than you usually do for a period of time, will reward you with better pulls in order to encourage you to spend again.

so lets get this right. If you spend it means you get better pulls, BUT it also means you dont get better pulls? So it is infact random then? Great theory matey!!
  • Options

so lets get this right. If you spend it means you get better pulls, BUT it also means you dont get better pulls? So it is infact random then? Great theory matey!!

Something like that. Hey, didn't say I created the theory, MATE. Just saying it's out there. Was mentioned here not that long ago when the algorithm patents were discovered.
  • Options

Something like that. Hey, didn't say I created the theory, MATE. Just saying it's out there. Was mentioned here not that long ago when the algorithm patents were discovered.

I wasnt having a pop at you matey, was enjoying the fact that you were pointing out that people make any shiz up to explain why they dont get good pulls, was funny and relevant

• Options
    I wasnt having a pop at you matey, was enjoying the fact that you were pointing out that people make any shiz up to explain why they dont get good pulls, was funny and relevant

If you read the patents filed it would make more sense than how I explained it perhaps. In a nutshell, they file patents for algorithms for crystal pulls. They have said here publicly that they don't use them, with the implication that they only filed them so they can perhaps one day use them for any number of opportunities. Take from that what you will. Conspiracy theorists will say they are lying and that they use these algorithms. Others will say these theories are nonsense. No way to say for sure. I'm an agnostic on the entire situation.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Our alliance pulled a 5* GP, Magik, and AA last night. Definitely not rigged.