**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

MCOC Next Month

In April , 8.4 is expected to be released, and following its release, most players who pursued a path in Necro will either receive a gem or enough T4 to rank up another champion to rank 3. This sounds good; I have no issues with that. However, also remember that in April, spring cleaning is coming. Even if they don't have a massive, crazy sale like the one on the 4th of July last year, they know spenders won't spend if they can't get another 2-3 rank 3s. Kabam's logic will be that 8.4 and Necro are available, so it's fair. Meanwhile, there's a revive nerf, high energy consumption, and BGs have become a joke. The metas are entirely tailored to the new champion release. If you don't drop $200, you now have to face meance defenders before you say just ban 8.4 will give players who already were valiant even more of an advantage.

So what now?

Comments

• Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 411 ★★★
    8.4 giving the people who did the extra work to start more of a head start makes complete sense to me.

Personally I’ve waited. I have no interest in going back into Necropolis right now, so I’m not. I’m okay with not being Valiant until 8.4 comes out. If you aren’t, go back into Necropolis, or plan to spend ~$400 (if Cyber Weekend is any indication) for the materials to rank up.

I’m not counting on 8.4 coming in April. Personally I think May makes much more sense.

Jinx
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,217 ★★★★★
    edited March 20
    Don't spend if you don't want lol 😃
    You're not going to face spending whales in war at all and even if you face in BG, it is what it is.

What now is to 100% Necro if you want 3 7r3 after 8.4
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,006 ★★★★★
    I cant remember if it was Miike or Jax that commented on banquet rewards being structured in a way to not disturb the balance . I seriously hope this is the same for Spring Cleaning. Last year july 4 basically was the death of f2p players in BGs
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,972 ★★★★★

It doesn't matter...... At the end of the day

It's night
    I wasn't expecting that, hahaha 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,157 ★★★★★
    Jinxesaxe said:

8.4 giving the people who did the extra work to start more of a head start makes complete sense to me.

Personally I’ve waited. I have no interest in going back into Necropolis right now, so I’m not. I’m okay with not being Valiant until 8.4 comes out. If you aren’t, go back into Necropolis, or plan to spend ~$400 (if Cyber Weekend is any indication) for the materials to rank up.

I’m not counting on 8.4 coming in April. Personally I think May makes much more sense.

Jinx

It's April. The release cycle is April. Expect March if anything but definitely not May. It's April.
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 663 ★★★
    Deacon said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

It's April. The release cycle is April. Expect March if anything but definitely not May. It's April.
    When I see someone say something with that confidence, I can only think...

It's gonna be May.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,984 ★★★★★

• Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    If I recall properly, they said in Spring sales we would get another R3, but only one.

And whales cannot ask for more than one R3 neither, since its the rarest thing still in MCOC along 7* Sigs.

• Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    djr17 said:

Deacon said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

It's gonna be May.
    They already hinted it would be April
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,043 Guardian
    Polygon said:

I cant remember if it was Miike or Jax that commented on banquet rewards being structured in a way to not disturb the balance . I seriously hope this is the same for Spring Cleaning. Last year july 4 basically was the death of f2p players in BGs

Banquet has a spending potential of infinity. Spring cleaning doesn't. Spring cleaning will probably got you a lot more for your money than banquet.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,476 ★★★★★
    Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

8.3 was October. New store content is every 6 months. It will be released in April.
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 663 ★★★
    Jefechuta said:

djr17 said:

Deacon said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

It's gonna be May.
    They already hinted it would be April
    If I had used a picture of Justin Timerlake instead of the last sentence, would you have seen that I was not serious?
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

Just play the game and not overthink it?

That's crazy talk.
  • Options
    Marcus_TBDMarcus_TBD Posts: 31

Just play the game and not overthink it?

you saying this shows your not a competitive player and there's nothing against that everyone plays the game differently but if you don't feel like it will impact you cool but if you are competitive you'll notice the implications
  • Options
    Odachi said:

100% exploration of an entire act will shadow any offer, leave the sales for the whales in the pi race.

Just replying to you just so i have this saved when rewards and offers drop i hope you're right also for game economy sake
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,416 ★★★★
    I'm expecting at least a rank 3 gem for full act 8 exploration pretty sure it won't be generic
  • Options
    Polygon said:

that's what i'm saying with the constant release of the unavoidable damage and undexable specials you can only ban so much that whaling events have killed interest in bgs hence why the solo milestones and lack of players in gladiator circuit
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Polygon said:

Banquet has a spending potential of infinity. Spring cleaning doesn't. Spring cleaning will probably got you a lot more for your money than banquet.
    you're right with the idea that there is limitation compared to banquet but remember that 4th of july sales is also less then 2 months after the spring cleaning which just adds more of a split to the player base. before this gets taken out of context im not against spending its your money do as you please with it.
  • Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 411 ★★★
    Deacon said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

While you absolutely could be right, I’d rather prepare for the worst and not be disappointed than prepare for something that very possibly could be a pipe dream and be unnecessarily frustrated.

Jinx