**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

KarateMike’s Zemo Challenge: A genuinely enjoyable experience

Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,824 ★★★★★
I decided to take on the Zemo challenge yesterday and I thought it was super fun. There isn’t much that Zemo can’t solo and there were only 2 fights that I thought sucked hard with him.

I went in one Zemo short which wasn’t the biggest deal, but missing out on some bleed damage still sucked. Anyway, here are some of the highlights:

Terrax: Get him rooted ASAP and spam sp1 and hope for the end to crit. If you’re max boosted you can get him down in one go, but there is some kick involved. Solo

Vision: This fight needs insane luck to be able to solo. Zemo hits like a truck but has no power control so you have to pray he won’t throw an sp3. Got him down to 45% the first time but had to use one revive

Ham: There’s actually a super fun strategy for this fight. You could play it like normal, or you could parry and reparry multiple times until you hit like 15 furies and drop an sp3. Solo

Korg: Actually straightforward. Get him rooted twice and he can’t evade or go unstoppable. You also don’t make contact with your mediums so just ML until you get the roots up. Once you have that, just play zemo like normal and knock him down with the heavy to reset the node. Solo

Dragon Man: Oh boy, the worst fight of the gauntlet. Zemo has zero power control and the AI is garbage tier so this fight entirely depends on how lucky you are. You can build furies similarly to the Ham fight except this is 50x more annoying and you’re at the mercy of the AI since it doesn’t want to throw a special half the time. I think this took like 4 revives? He also clipped through my block during one revives and killed me so that was fun

BPCW/NC/Gwen: All evade fights but you can easily play around Gwen and NC. Just get the root up once and have the bleeds tick them down but slow play Gwen because she evades a lot. BPCW was mad annoying until you get the first root up. 2 revives for him and a solo on the other two

Domino: The other worst fight here. Honestly, this was more of an AI thing than anything. She’d specifically wait until I was cornered to throw a special (and you can’t dex while unlucky) so you take a ton of damage. Completely luck based fight and she’ll shrug bleeds and go to an sp3 sometimes. Very fun and interactive. 3 revives

Mojo: Simple fight, just get the staggers on you, root him, and watch him bleed out. I got caught by the degen because he wouldn’t throw a special and I had to dex though. 2 revives

Apoc/Sassy/KM: Make apoc bleed immune then throw sp1’s to do big damage. Easy fight overall. Just have a couple bleeds on sassy for despair and it’s simple. Your root will turn off his unstoppable too. Be careful with KM cause he’ll gain a lot of power from bleeds. Slow play or you’ll die if you accidentally throw an sp1. 4 revives or so here from not having health pots left lol

Void: You’ll cleanse the debuffs. Just throw specials and hope he dies fast. 2 revives

So yeah, 9/10 challenge which would’ve been a 10/10 if domino and dragon man weren’t there. Thanks to Lags and KM for making fun challenges

Mini AI rant: The AI was unacceptable during this. Holding specials for up to a minute and throwing them against the wall. They would also conveniently throw an sp3 the millisecond they hit it but refuse to throw anything else. BPCW walked up to me while I was trying to bait a special and tapped light (unblockable) went to sp3 and used it immediately. Dragon Man just didn’t want to throw anything but his special 3, and domino pulled all kinds of bs.

Comments

• Options
    Wong_99Wong_99 Posts: 443 ★★★
    What rank zemo did you use, and what rank would be ideal?
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,413 ★★★★
    Nicely done!

I'm still debating on whether to do this one, or one with 4 Zemos or wait and rank/sig some of the avengers so I have the 2*.

I'm in no rush but eventually I may get bored teing to rank and sig my avengers and go for it with the 4 Zemo's instead of writing forever.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★

Nicely done!

I'm still debating on whether to do this one, or one with 4 Zemos or wait and rank/sig some of the avengers so I have the 2*.

I'm in no rush but eventually I may get bored teing to rank and sig my avengers and go for it with the 4 Zemo's instead of writing forever.

I’m debating it with 4 Zemos as well, but that’s because I’m missing the 5*.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,996 ★★★★★
    Were any of the other fights notable? I'm assuming not since they weren't mentioned
  • Options
    Wong_99 said:

What rank zemo did you use, and what rank would be ideal?

Rank 5 ascended. I think anything r4 and above would work but you definitely want the higher tank for fights like Domino and Terrax
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Were any of the other fights notable? I'm assuming not since they weren't mentioned

Not really! Doom is just use sp2 and hope he doesn’t glance many bleeds. Modok is a simple fight, just make sure not to dash in immediately when he’s rooted cause of his heavy reach. Weapon X is just standard zemo sp2 stuff, thing is just standard thing stuff and you can ignore the unstoppable after 2 roots. Nick is super easy too, just get bleeds on him and watch him melt.
  • Options
    MaskedLegendMaskedLegend Posts: 83
    Couldn't agree more! I actually enjoy using zemo now since the challenge and im considering on ascending mine.
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★
    Thanks for a great write up @Emilia90. Can you say something about how much you used and your skill level? Looking at attempting it with a r5 6* ascended Zemo sometime soon.
  • Options

Thanks for a great write up @Emilia90. Can you say something about how much you used and your skill level? Looking at attempting it with a r5 6* ascended Zemo sometime soon.

I think it was around 18-20 revives? I’m not sure if the exact amount but it was around there. I like to think that I’m decent at the game at least :)

Most of the fights should go well, it’s just Domino and Dragon Man that can get expensive depending on the AI you get. I’ve seen some people do it in 1 revive, and it took me 4 because he wouldn’t throw his specials and went for the sp3. Got really bad domino luck too
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    It’s a good challenge, agree with you about the AI. One thing the AI loves to do now is hold block while rooted too, it was especially noticeable in there.

When I did it the mojo fight was ridiculous where the staggers just wouldn’t proc, that fight is a bit of a RNG fiesta between that and the prompts.

One thing fun about Zemo is creatively using a striker when you’ve built a fury stack do. I had my striker do about 80% of the damage vs Apoc that way.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

Not really! Doom is just use sp2 and hope he doesn’t glance many bleeds. Modok is a simple fight, just make sure not to dash in immediately when he’s rooted cause of his heavy reach. Weapon X is just standard zemo sp2 stuff, thing is just standard thing stuff and you can ignore the unstoppable after 2 roots. Nick is super easy too, just get bleeds on him and watch him melt.
    Good to know. Once I farm up some revives from [REDACTED] I'm probably going to go in for this one. It
    s the last for me
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,222 ★★★★★
    r3 Zemo. He is gonna stay r3. 33 revives
    Cheaped out by minimal potion use.

His first medium Hitbox is so bad that ai can shallow dex punish it anytime they want.
    Holding block after root was another "W" throughout the run.

Ehh don't care about it anymore, water under the bridge.
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★
    Thanks again for a solid guide, @Emilia90. Just did my run in 35ish revives, with some clear mistakes on my side. But it was really fun and nice to see Zemo melt some of the tricky fights (WeaponX, Korg, and Void as examples). Totally agree on Dragonman being a pain in the butt.

Considering how difficult KarateMike415s' challenges actually are, the community really gave him a hard time. Both his challenges are quite enjoyable but definitely need solid preparation.
  • Options
    Ghostrunner01Ghostrunner01 Posts: 145 ★★
    I personally had more fun with the Avengers one for KMikes challenge. But both were fun. But now my boy Fintech's Mojo challenge was a pain in the rear-end. Doing Tigra now. Not as miserable. All in all, a great experience.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,183 ★★★★★
    How did I miss this guide?!? I just have the Tigra challenge left. Have you done that one yet by chance?
  • Options

How did I miss this guide?!? I just have the Tigra challenge left. Have you done that one yet by chance?

I attempted half of it and then quit out because I realized I’d be stranding myself with such few revives lol. I can help with the first half if you need it though!
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,183 ★★★★★
    edited March 28
    Emilia90 said:

I attempted half of it and then quit out because I realized I’d be stranding myself with such few revives lol. I can help with the first half if you need it though!
    If you can, that'd be great. But also, it's ok if you don't have time. Normally I just dive or read someone's post, but for this one I'm pretty sure I'll have to watch videos.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,237 ★★★
    Awesome!

About Black Cat challenge against Spidey. How to activate bleed damage?
    Tks 🌷
  • Options

Awesome!

Tks 🌷

Hit him?
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Awesome!

Tks 🌷

Hit him?
    No.
    I will try to hold heavy
    Thanks anyway
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Awesome!

Tks 🌷

Hit him?
    Special 2 worked on Ultron's Assault Spidey
    👍
  • Options

Done! Thanks @Cat_Murdock
  • Options

Done! Thanks @Cat_Murdock

❤️
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

Good to know. Once I farm up some revives from [REDACTED] I'm probably going to go in for this one. It
    s the last for me
    Hey just between me and you... where you farming? I won't tell anyone 🙂🤥
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

s the last for me
    There's really 0 point in hiding it and the joke of keeping it a secret on here has gotten old.

Arachnid Action classic difficulty, chapter 3 quest 1.
    It's nowhere near as good as 5.4.6 used to be especially because you can't get energy refill drops but revives have been consistent enough to where I don't mind wasting a bunch of energy in there.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

s the last for me
    There's really 0 point in hiding it and the joke of keeping it a secret on here has gotten old.

Arachnid Action classic difficulty, chapter 3 quest 1.
    It's nowhere near as good as 5.4.6 used to be especially because you can't get energy refill drops but revives have been consistent enough to where I don't mind wasting a bunch of energy in there.
    Thx 😃