**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Who designed the Wow Dani fight?

ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,595 ★★★★★
I want to give them a hug. This is actually the best designed piece of content that has been put out in awhile. I genuinely found myself having a really good time soloing the objectives. Kudos to the designer here.

Chefs kiss

Comments

• Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 456 ★★★
    edited March 21
    I think this was the first fight that felt “right” for WOW. Room for error? Little to none as a single sp2 would delete you. On the other hand, the ENTIRETY of that challenge (dexing the sp2) is within the control of the player. No regeneration shenanigans or waiting for them to turtle to sp3, it was a skill based fight through and through. Hulking and nebula suffered from being far too easy in my opinion. Abs man was actually decent for two objectives, but inconceivably stupid for the third. This one was perfectly tuned.

Actually upon further reflection, abs man was only decently tuned for one objective. I had rose tinted glasses for the she hulk fight because its been a while since I got that solo, but it was actually completely up to the ai to play ball with specials. If he turtled and you lost your furies, the fight was essentially over due to his regen and how long it took to ramp back up. Hopefully thats better managed in the second iteration
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,984 ★★★★★
    Fun fact: I had laser surgery on my left eye today so I've been wearing a patch all day. The fight looked so fun I went in regardless, screw the pain, Kabam give us more fights like this one please and thank you 🙃
  • Options
    edited March 21
    Emilia90 said:

Fun fact: I had laser surgery on my left eye today so I've been wearing a patch all day. The fight looked so fun I went in regardless, screw the pain, Kabam give us more fights like this one please and thank you 🙃

One of the exclusive objectives was actually to beat her after laser eye surgery. Glad you could get that one done, it’s going to be a lot tougher for the rest of us
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax where's my extra point for beating WoW Dani after laser eye surgery with a patch on my left eye?

@Emilia90 if you get an eye patch it isn't too bad, if you don't you can only use one hand cause you have to cover you eye with the other one so I highly advice you get one 🙂
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,461 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

One of the exclusive objectives was actually to beat her after laser eye surgery. Glad you could get that one done, it’s going to be a lot tougher for the rest of us
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax where's my extra point for beating WoW Dani after laser eye surgery with a patch on my left eye?

@Emilia90 if you get an eye patch it isn't too bad, if you don't you can only use one hand cause you have to cover you eye with the other one so I highly advice you get one 🙂
    Ok Nick Fury...
  • Options
    edited March 21

Emilia90 said:

Ok Nick Fury...
    The reward for ambition too great… is self destruction

Edit: **** wrong eye 🙃
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,386 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I want to give them a hug. This is actually the best designed piece of content that has been put out in awhile. I genuinely found myself having a really good time soloing the objectives. Kudos to the designer here.

Chefs kiss

I really enjoy all of them aside from abs man all of them where unique in a fun way but will say the energy cost doesn’t really make much sense i get it why it indeed made my use reviews ealy then i like because couldn’t practice
    The way I would like to but so far ben have alot of fun with this fight yes after one learns to dexterity the sp2 u didn’t have to worry to much

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

I don’t think I’m as good as you, I’ll probably skip this one 😭
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Well, I give coaching lessons on weekends for free 😂
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Well, I give coaching lessons on weekends for free 😂
    I’m in. Throughout heaven and earth I alone will be the trained one
  • Options
    ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 306 ★★★
    edited March 21
    I said this on the stream with KT1, but this is easily the best example of what a fun fight should be as it was designed.

It is a style of fight where you learn and get better the more you practice and, in turn, become a better player or, at the minimum, better at dexing Dani Moonstar's special 2 attack.

Whomever worked on designing this fight should feel very accomplished and put in charge of all new fights like this.

This was exactly what WoW needed and the only miss was the #Robot objective for Abs Man on week 1.

This is a great fight and I enjoyed learning and conquering this one.

Kudos to Kabam and the team behind this.

We often harp on the bad things that happen, but we need to absolutely celebrate this accomplishment when they happen!

- Mando
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,193 ★★★★★
    I had no idea how to dex Dani’s sp2 until today. I have never used Viv Vision until today. I didn’t get a solo but I am satisfied with the fight.
  • Options
    ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 306 ★★★
    zuffy said:

I had no idea how to dex Dani’s sp2 until today. I have never used Viv Vision until today. I didn’t get a solo but I am satisfied with the fight.

I love seeing these kinds of posts. Not only did doing the fight gain you a new skill but you starting playing a new champ which you may want to use more in the future.

This exemplifies the fact this was a well designed and fun fight IMHO!

- Mando
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,095 ★★★★★
    Me? Not me.
  • Options
    Krish121Krish121 Posts: 81
    Yo this Dani fight is tougher than hulking lol I just became paragon yesterday did the hulking fight with cgr had to use a revive I would consider it not bad for my first woe fight but Dani is in another level altogether that sp2 sucks . If missed a single dex then it’s KO.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,970 ★★★★★
    Krish121 said:

Yo this Dani fight is tougher than hulking lol I just became paragon yesterday did the hulking fight with cgr had to use a revive I would consider it not bad for my first woe fight but Dani is in another level altogether that sp2 sucks . If missed a single dex then it’s KO.

Havent done the fight yet but heard the window of time you have for dexing it is pretty small; that you have to be spot on. Hope its not the case since dropped inputs are a thing
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 275 ★★★
    It's well designed mostly due to the fact its focused on one thing/challenge without overdoing it: the defender's SP2.

Your options are to learn to dodge it, avoid it (either by method of power draining and block baiting) or lastly (revive through it...)
  • Options
    Krish121Krish121 Posts: 81
    Polygon said:

Krish121 said:

Havent done the fight yet but heard the window of time you have for dexing it is pretty small; that you have to be spot on. Hope its not the case since dropped inputs are a thing
    Yea kinda small frame I would conside dexing Dani sp2 is similar to dexing apoc sp1 but you gotta be bit quicker
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Krish121 said:

It's not that small, it's just the timing for the first hit. For example when you dex Korg's sp1, his foot is your cue to dex. Here you don't really have anything to anticipate the first barrage cause she starts firing at you immediately as soon as she pulls out the assault rifle. However if you can get the timing right for the first one, the second barrage is easy to time cause she crouches right before she fires (that's when you dex) and the final arrow hit is almost instant so it's also easy to dex. If you can dex the first barrage then you've pretty much good to go, that's the hardest part.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,970 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Krish121 said:

It's not that small, it's just the timing for the first hit. For example when you dex Korg's sp1, his foot is your cue to dex. Here you don't really have anything to anticipate the first barrage cause she starts firing at you immediately as soon as she pulls out the assault rifle. However if you can get the timing right for the first one, the second barrage is easy to time cause she crouches right before she fires (that's when you dex) and the final arrow hit is almost instant so it's also easy to dex. If you can dex the first barrage then you've pretty much good to go, that's the hardest part.
    For the last part, i think the cue is right when she reloads, but yeah first part is the hard part.

i know some people were blocking the first hit and dexing the rest so that makes sense. I have issues dexing korgs sp1 when i rely on the foot thing personally. I think it might be that im swiping with my left hand and it registers as a block, instead of most people swiping with their right thumb
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,466 ★★★★★
    I know you can dex dani 's sp2, but is dani's sp2 punishable? I never tried it? Were you able to dodge in immediately after her sp2 and attack her? In that case, the fight will be more easier I believe.