You guys think onslaught gonna get tuned down

Just wanna know, he just so good

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,382 ★★★★★
    He won’t get touched
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,077 ★★★★★

Highly unlikely, with good gameplay and a partial counter like Shocker or FAM he can get taken down pretty easily.

Bullseye on the other hand very likely and I'm actually praying he is cause I think it's stupid that even with bleed immune you still lose a chunk of health from block damage due to his specials being guaranteed crits even on block, it's too much imo.

Absolutely no chance in help bullseye get toned down
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,304 ★★★★★

Highly unlikely, with good gameplay and a partial counter like Shocker or FAM he can get taken down pretty easily.

Bullseye on the other hand very likely and I'm actually praying he is cause I think it's stupid that even with bleed immune you still lose a chunk of health from block damage due to his specials being guaranteed crits even on block, it's too much imo.

Yeah they could maybe tone down the bleed damage, and maybe increase his attack slightly on offense because he’s got some great utility already on attack
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,195 ★★★★★
    I’d love for them to a line in his kit that says “onslaught cannot inflict neuroshocks when being struck, if struck by a tech champion.” The neuroshock damage is the only real bs part of his kit imo the rest is difficult but fair. On offense he’s great and shouldn’t be changed at all.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★

A lot of people (including members of the ccp) aren't happy with his design defensively and think it's too much. I think it's very likely he will get tuned down to some extent.
    EdisonLaw said:

Yeah they could maybe tone down the bleed damage, and maybe increase his attack slightly on offense because he’s got some great utility already on attack
    Yeah I would very much rather they increase his damage offensively and nerf him a bit on defense. Not gut him completely cause he should still be a threat but he has so much unavoidable damage it's kinda crazy.
    edited March 23
    EdisonLaw said:

I think that or remove the line that says his evade can’t be reduced by ability accuracy. That line literally removed every slow inflicting champ in the game as a possible counter. Either option would work tho imo
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,723 ★★★★★
    Let's take a look at his attributes

Defensively I say no it looks like he's a pain in the butt just as Kabam intended

Offensively He certainly is hitting way above his intended damage and will probably get nerfed that way
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★

A lot of people (including members of the ccp) aren't happy with his design defensively and think it's too much. I think it's very likely he will get tuned down to some extent.
    His design is complete garbage, but he won’t get tuned down.
    I sure he will get tourn down

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,110 ★★★★★

I’d love for them to a line in his kit that says “onslaught cannot inflict neuroshocks when being struck, if struck by a tech champion.” The neuroshock damage is the only real bs part of his kit imo the rest is difficult but fair. On offense he’s great and shouldn’t be changed at all.

Nah I'll say make it more niche, like "Onslaught won't inflict neuroshock while under cowardice effect" forcing opponent to draft a champ who inflict reliable cowardice, which is like less than 5 champs, omega sentinel, nimrod, infamous ironman, psychoman and cap sam are the ones who actually inflict reliable cowardice. Titania needs sp3 for cowardice and is for very small duration, and others need synergy (not applicable in bgs). It forces players to draft a direct counter for onslaught.

What makes you say that? Don't say Photon cause this guy is Photon on steroids when it comes to unavoidable damage lol

Nah I'll say make it more niche, like "Onslaught won't inflict neuroshock while under cowardice effect" forcing opponent to draft a champ who inflict reliable cowardice, which is like less than 5 champs, omega sentinel, nimrod, infamous ironman, psychoman and cap sam are the ones who actually inflict reliable cowardice. Titania needs sp3 for cowardice and is for very small duration, and others need synergy (not applicable in bgs). It forces players to draft a direct counter for onslaught.

I see what you’re saying, though forcing someone to draft a very specific counter was exactly what I was trying to avoid lol. That’s part of the reason people hate bullseye, because there’s very little you can do if you’re given a bad draft.

It’s very possible I wasn’t niche enough, how niche it should be is a bit of a grey area. In my head I was trying to make him similar to korg, as to me he’s the perfect example of a strong, skill based but not toxic defender.

You can take korg with almost anyone with enough skill, but he still has those hard counter options. I also liked how they specifically tried to make countering him less niche by adding in that line that energy attacks don’t trigger thorns damage and not just non-contact. But I will admit he was released in a much earlier era with a lot less counters at the time, and I wasn’t playing back then to be able to speak with credibility about his release.

Either of our suggestions would be better than what we have now though imo.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,862 ★★★★★

What makes you say that? Don't say Photon cause this guy is Photon on steroids when it comes to unavoidable damage lol

Since Cowardice is largely a Tech ability, two of those are Sentinels, and a third was specifically designed as a counter for another tricky Mutant defender (Bishop), that really wouldn't be a bad idea for a defensive limitation. Maybe add "Additionally, when Onslaught is inflicted with Cowardice, remove all Daunted effects from the opponent."

Offensively, though?

Since Cowardice is largely a Tech ability, two of those are Sentinels, and a third was specifically designed as a counter for another tricky Mutant defender (Bishop), that really wouldn't be a bad idea for a defensive limitation. Maybe add "Additionally, when Onslaught is inflicted with Cowardice, remove all Daunted effects from the opponent."

Offensively, though?

Offensively, he is good, as intended, but not broken or game breaking. He don't need any nerf. And yeah, you got my point, and this also helps us get more champs with cowardice, cuz the last champ with cowardice was infamous ironman 18 months ago, we had like 4-5 techs after him and few tech champs revamps as well, and none of them have cowardice in their kit.

I see what you’re saying, though forcing someone to draft a very specific counter was exactly what I was trying to avoid lol. That’s part of the reason people hate bullseye, because there’s very little you can do if you’re given a bad draft.

It’s very possible I wasn’t niche enough, how niche it should be is a bit of a grey area. In my head I was trying to make him similar to korg, as to me he’s the perfect example of a strong, skill based but not toxic defender.

You can take korg with almost anyone with enough skill, but he still has those hard counter options. I also liked how they specifically tried to make countering him less niche by adding in that line that energy attacks don’t trigger thorns damage and not just non-contact. But I will admit he was released in a much earlier era with a lot less counters at the time, and I wasn’t playing back then to be able to speak with credibility about his release.

Nah, Forcing a counter is a good defensive abiltiy. Not every defender have to be, skill based fight, and this ensures we get more techs in future with cowardice. It is currently 5 champs, but 5>0, we currently have 0 hard counters for onslaught who can end the fight at 100% health without any regen abilities.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    I currently have my r5a Onslaught on a hazard shift node in AW, and at least for this season, people’s strategy has just been brute forcing him with Herc. He usually hasn’t gotten any kills, but if I check their attackers, Herc is hanging on for dear life.

If this becomes the trend, I don’t see him getting tuned down.
    edited March 23

Nah, Forcing a counter is a good defensive abiltiy. Not every defender have to be, skill based fight, and this ensures we get more techs in future with cowardice. It is currently 5 champs, but 5>0, we currently have 0 hard counters for onslaught who can end the fight at 100% health without any regen abilities.
    Only reason I don’t like forcing counters is because skill starts to go out the window, and it becomes an rng fest that decides if you win or lose. Though I don’t think having a few draft dependant defenders would be too bad as long as they’re not incredibly common.

Giving cowardice some more love as an ability would be cool though. And if it’s what’s needed to hard counter onslaught that would definitely increase its value.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,192 ★★★★
    Probably bullseye over onslaught. I played an r1 bullseye with an r3 7 star. I blocked 3 sp1s and took 50% damage without getting hit….. super ridiculous.
  • SamanunSamanun Member Posts: 699 ★★★
    Absolutely not i think he’s a little (for lack of better a word) overrated i think people just saw msd necro videos and judged him off of that only he’s a very good champ with nice utility and i think he’s perfect where he’s at
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 912 ★★★
    Probably no.
    But I am curious, as i permaban him, but do you guys think he will be a tolerable defender if they remove that anti willpower mechanic ? I dont really get it, they kept designing champ with that frustrating mechanic recently (photon , dust, onslaught..) His damage from neuroshock is passive anyway. And if you are saying that shocker , fantman, hulkling and 1 or 2 more works, i certainly don't think a defender with 5-6 viable top tier attacker counter is healthy for the game
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 912 ★★★

I currently have my r5a Onslaught on a hazard shift node in AW, and at least for this season, people’s strategy has just been brute forcing him with Herc. He usually hasn’t gotten any kills, but if I check their attackers, Herc is hanging on for dear life.

If this becomes the trend, I don’t see him getting tuned down.

add 5 points on assassin then ;) i got caught by that damn mastery a few times already
  • ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Member Posts: 413 ★★
    Guys but first kushala and Cheelith balancing news comes first and I am hoping for Cheelith to get a little buff she should be another way rather than heavy yo pause and reinflict her bleed debuff and if doesn't happen happily we will see another champ buff so in any case it will benifit us