Options

Laggity Lag Lag

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
edited March 26 in Bugs and Known Issues
Had to replace router and modem, routinely getting 500 Mbps speeds annd everything on phone running like lightning except…MCoC.

Inputs slow, inputs missed. Screens freezing, frames dropped. Parries failing, dexes not dodging.

*sigh*

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,060 ★★★★
    Yeah it's especially bad and noticable lately.

In many matches they'll be a time where literally a full two seconds goes by on a frozen screen and I think "well, I hope my parry works" and half the time I'm okay and the other half I'm just taking a 5 hit combo to the face.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    Dr Zola, I answered something similar on another post. You can have the fastest connection up and down, but sometimes the route of connections between a person and a server can have hiccups in between. This is extremely hard to pinpoint, and its not like a player controls the latency between the mobile and the server constantly.
    One can have the best connection available but the connection is not direct, its between multiple hubs in between.
    On another note i have been affected by lag too, and something a bit scarier that brings back ghosts from the past. This last 2 days I have felt my device "warmer" and frame dropping a lot
  • Options
    Noknick733Noknick733 Posts: 50
    I just wish they optimize the game to its fullest I can't even do abyss or Lol
  • Options
    Noknick733Noknick733 Posts: 50
    edited March 25
    I keep experiencing frames drops and while it drops the parry doesn't work to well and also Dex and ai will always have a chance to intercept while lagging. My WiFi is good it doesn't make like Someone explain to me why has mobile game optimization been getting alot worse recently
  • Options
    @BringPopcorn I get it…

It is maddening to have a single app, however, that always seems to underperform.

Streaming across multiple devices? No problem! Watching continuing education videos while working on a laptop with three other devices in the home connected? Not an issue! Watching a movie with spouse, both checking messages while kids run a PS5 and XBox simultaneously in the basement? All good!

But…crank up some BGs with no other devices connected and the entire experience tanks.

A serious question…if fights are downloaded onto our devices and fought on our devices, what causes lag? Are there communications between devices and servers mid-fight? Why? What gets communicated?

This is an old beef of mine. DCs and lag and whatever else can go on are now a mainstay of my MCoC experience. When I watch streamers and chuckle because—of course I’m not that good, but damn with a silky smooth connection like what I’m watching I’m confident I could be quite good. My champs get through content with weights on their ankles.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,170 ★★★★
    I thought my parry was off but I was just exploring 8.2 and getting hit in the face every time. Will give it a rest and try again tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited March 26
    Catmanndo said:

I hear most of the frustration coming from Apple device users, I’m one of them…

If it’s affecting these devices more than others, what’s the fix?

Assuming it’s a bug?

Seriously, as an Apple user, it’s ridiculous. The team has found it easy to hide behind the “not everyone is affected” line since the huge Unity debacle. To my knowledge, they’ve offered no solutions. If events weren’t timed or competitive, then that’s acceptable. But they aren’t any of those things.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    edited March 26
    Your connection speed would not affect the in-fight lag in any game unless there are server calls being made mid-fight, which is not the case. It's also highly improbable that there would be any sort of change in the amount of lag that would be experienced without a new update or any changes being made.

I very much understand that this has been an issue for you, and it seems to have been going for a long time, but we have no idea why one person in particular would seem to have these issues in a way that others are not, and it's not a case of optimization or anything like that (as far as I can tell). It's really some sort of enigma.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    My advice would be to change the device, I got a 250€ phone which runs the game very smoothly
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

My advice would be to change the device, I got a 250€ phone which runs the game very smoothly

I’m due an upgrade this month, and I’m changing for reasons outside MCoC. If that doesn’t solve the issue with all new equipment, then that leaves the problem outside of my control.

It’s been quite a night…never have this much trouble intercepting, screens fr.. .. .. eez.. ..ing, frame stutter.

Dr. Zola
  • Options

Your connection speed would not affect the in-fight lag in any game unless there are server calls being made mid-fight, which is not the case. It's also highly improbable that there would be any sort of change in the amount of lag that would be experienced without a new update or any changes being made.

I very much understand that this has been an issue for you, and it seems to have been going for a long time, but we have no idea why one person in particular would seem to have these issues in a way that others are not, and it's not a case of optimization or anything like that (as far as I can tell). It's really some sort of enigma.

Thanks for the response—I suppose it’s nice to be special 😕

Dr. Zola