Options

Can we confirm r3 materials in 8.4?

13ยป

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,473 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Some of these whales asking for r4 mats and new progression titles I swear ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,910 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Meanwhile USAFA just tasting his 9th or 10th r3 lol
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,473 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Meanwhile USAFA just tasting his 9th or 10th r3 lol
    They're getting greedy, he's not ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,563 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Yes it was stated back in November I believe when Valiant first came out

Yep, and I can confirm that this hasn't changed. Act 8 Exploration will give you the materials you need to R3 a 7-Star. How that looks will be revealed later!
    This seems suspicious...as if there will be another hoop you have to jump through, like a Carinas Challenge.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,910 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Yep, and I can confirm that this hasn't changed. Act 8 Exploration will give you the materials you need to R3 a 7-Star. How that looks will be revealed later!
    This seems suspicious...as if there will be another hoop you have to jump through, like a Carinas Challenge.
    It just means they havent planned if its a rank up gem or mats...
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,755 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Ugh. The last thing I want to do is go back and 100% 8.1 and 8.2. They sucked compared to 8.3.
    I'm not sure why anyone thought it could be 8.4 exploration. It would make no sense for 8.4 exploration to have better rewards than Act 8 exploration, and if Act 8.4 contained enough materials to do an R3 and Act 8 exploration also had enough materials to do an R3 that would mean Act 8 would contain two R3s worth of rank up, and you could get to Valiant with just Act 8 exploration. But I'm pretty certain Kabam explicitly stated that somewhere in Act 8 would be the resources to do one of them but not both of them.
    I said later on that I just need a T4A. I'm hoping Miike was just speaking generally since they don't have the specifics down. If I have to explore all of Act 8 and the R3 materials take the form of a 1>2 in completion and exploration has 2>3 rank up crystal, that sucks for me. I'm still holding out hope that it'll be split like 1 T4A + 1/3 r3 rank up materials for completion and 2 T4A + the rest of the r3 materials for exploration.
    That is. given what has been stated to date, entirely within the realm of possibility.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 582 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited March 29

this thread is kind of sad, cause big rankups used to mean so much more. we have minimal choice in war these days so the big rankups just get set aside for random flavor-of-month attackers anyway.

when was the last time omega was usable in war? sad times.

I agree with this but I do wanna point out Omega might become relevant again after mastery loadouts are implemented. I have a r4, always wanted to use him in war but the reason I never did is cause I have to spend hundreds of units every single time I want to use him lol.
    not sure what tier you're in but fitting generically good champs isn't possible like it used to be. globals are so restrictive we get forced into using whoever they tell us.

we're not fighting defenders anymore but whatever temporary global they make, this is why "good champs" and even big rankups are almost worthless in a sense.

if you're very lucky to use your big rankup, you'll get a few uses out of them before they're banned all season then put on the blacklist, so the r3 you just got gets benched for 2 seasons (3 months), then they move onto the next global and the odds that they're usable is very low.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,593 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

this thread is kind of sad, cause big rankups used to mean so much more. we have minimal choice in war these days so the big rankups just get set aside for random flavor-of-month attackers anyway.

when was the last time omega was usable in war? sad times.

I agree with this but I do wanna point out Omega might become relevant again after mastery loadouts are implemented. I have a r4, always wanted to use him in war but the reason I never did is cause I have to spend hundreds of units every single time I want to use him lol.
    not sure what tier you're in but fitting generically good champs isn't possible like it used to be. globals are so restrictive we get forced into using whoever they tell us.

we're not fighting defenders anymore but whatever temporary global they make, this is why "good champs" and even big rankups are almost worthless in a sense.

if you're very lucky to use your big rankup, you'll get a few uses out of them before they're banned all season then put on the blacklist, so the r3 you just got gets benched for 2 seasons (3 months), then they move onto the next global and the odds that they're usable is very low.
    That cycle is one of my bigger pet peeves in AW right now. Only to add to it the part where the black list is irrelevant every other season now.