**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Didn't know MCOC Mods were racist

DeathsworkerDeathsworker Posts: 144 ★★
edited March 28 in General Discussion

Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 28
    That kabam only supports english speakers?
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 607 ★★★
    Use ur noggin :/
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    There’s an official discord server?
    Someone link it
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,657 Guardian
    Unio77 said:

There’s an official discord server?
    Someone link it

New Announcement post (one of 3 new ones today) at top of Forums here.
    (although I get a Link Not Found when I try to get to it).

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,943 ★★★★
    @SlayerOfGods explain yourself please
  • Options

Wicket329 said:

Kabam can’t have unmoderated conversation happening on an official platform. The mods cannot possibly account for every language spoken by the playerbase. And, to preempt an argument, it is insufficient to have only one or two mods who speak a language, because they obviously cannot monitor all of the conversation that takes place on a busy server. You’d need a whole team of mods for every supported language.

Therefore, Kabam must choose a language to support. The one spoken by all of their employees and moderators, as well as a statistically significant amount of their playerbase (probably majority but can’t guarantee that) makes the most sense and doesn’t require hiring of additional personnel.

It’s not a racist thing, it’s a business decision that needed to be made. Also, a person of any race can speak English (I know it’s a horrible mutt of a language to learn, but just saying that English is not tied to a specific race).

Pretty sure Slayer is just randomly banning people tho, I got banned for calling Nagase the ytber, a friend I've known for months, Nagussy even tho it's a nickname I've called him for months. Didn't know it wasn't allowed+should've been a mute at best
    So it sounds like we can add mod abuse and racism to the list
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,657 Guardian
    edited March 28
    (Quote) Randomly banning people

Are they actually able to Ban people ? And is that what happened ?

Or is it that they just removed the particular comment (like can be done up here, but just isn’t noticeable because deleted comments in Forum here don’t typically get a “message deleted” line leftover afterwards) ?
  • Options
    Mackey said:

Please shed some light on your thought process here .... ones language does not speak to ones race. I speak English but you don't know what my race is

You must be unfamiliar with Raciolinguistics
  • Options
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Please shed some light on your thought process here .... ones language does not speak to ones race. I speak English but you don't know what my race is

You must be unfamiliar with Raciolinguistics
    Familiar or not, you cant say what race someone is from their language. You can assume, granted but you cant know.
    You can't know that someone isn't racist, you can assume, but you can't know.
This discussion has been closed.