**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is MODOK bugged? [Moved by Moderator]

Comments

• Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Hello? You know Kabam, this is why people can't stand you. If you say you're gonna get back to us then do it. How long does it take to "reach out" to your team? At least let us know you haven't just tossed this one in the bin.
  • FinlynndFinlynnd Posts: 47
    edited December 2017
    This would be very important to answer for players like me that pushed to 100% his map (cheaper energy revives today for me, completion event a bit earlier for most) and knew full well we were losing revives on no skill issues...
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    @Kabam Vydious
    Anybody home?
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    MODOK is awesome - Kabam did a great job with his design. (I love how he constantly insults you LOL)

But yeah he's seems a little OP on defense in these quests. Maybe I need to understand his mechanics better. I'm not sure if it's a bug or whatever but he literally auto blocks every single attack. Even baiting his heavy and swooping in - you either are too early and get incinerated or if you are a split second later he auto blocks it. Not sure what the window is there.

At any rate, AA and Iceman were my best options against him. Haven't tried Quake yet - that was a good idea I thought. CB, Falcon and BW might be good options too I would think?
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    edited December 2017
    I'm already tasting a MODOK r4/55 on the immune GK in AW :s Total money grab
    @Kabam Vydious thank you very much. This is appreciated by a lot of summoners affected in this thread and beyond
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    This is quickly turning into another 1 of those scenarios of a bug that is negatively affecting players taking way longer then a positive one. If i remember correctly they just recently patched nebula and someone else, within a day or so of hearing about it. How is this different
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I'm guessing we'll get an answer well after we've all 100% it.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Why does anyone think he's bugged to begin with? He doesn't seem to be doing anything that's not specifically described in his ability text
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Why does anyone think he's bugged to begin with? He doesn't seem to be doing anything that's not specifically described in his ability text

Look in the history of this thread. There's a gif of a really off intercept instance. That's not in his ability set
  • AxeCopFire wrote: »

Even if he's supposed to auto-evade more often than his timer (assuming all his "allies" on that map decreases his timer to zero), he still should not be able to
    1. attack or special attack simultaneously as he auto-blocks
    2. evade immediately as he auto-blocks

Even if I did 4-hit combos only like many suggests, one of these random hits and evade can ruin an entire fight.

Even if he's supposed to auto-evade more often than his timer (assuming all his "allies" on that map decreases his timer to zero), he still should not be able to

Even if I did 4-hit combos only like many suggests, one of these random hits and evade can ruin an entire fight.

Just fyi his shield timer has nothing to do with his allies. The timer decreases by 0.8 seconds for each champion alive on the enemies team, not his. If you attack him with 5 champs still alive he will generate a shield every 3 seconds.
  • AxeCopFire wrote: »

Just fyi his shield timer has nothing to do with his allies. The timer decreases by 0.8 seconds for each champion alive on the enemies team, not his. If you attack him with 5 champs still alive he will generate a shield every 3 seconds.

Well then that makes it even more bugged. His timer on auto-block right now is 0 seconds in addition to the other bugged abilities listed above.
    How is the timer zero? If it was zero he would block every attack and never get hit
  • Regardless, It is certainly lower than 3 seconds. The only times I can hit him is 1 or 2 hits after a parry, 1 or 2 hits right after evading SP1, or when my attacks breaks his auto-block somehow (which is probably a result of the same attack while blocking bug).

Anyhow as I mentioned before, aside from the timer, it detracts from the real issue of him performing actions while auto-blocking bug which I am more concerned about which is not being addressed.
  • So here we are a week after release and still nothing about this accept we are looking into it. So sad
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    I noticed he steals my ice armor and i never get it back.. the ice timer disappears.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,426 ★★★★
    So if you're cranky about modok here, where on the list of kabam priorities would you list this, which would include (but not be limited to):

Server disruptions/outages
    Compensation for said outages
    Rollout delay of latest act, due to said outages
    Rollout of new aw scoring updates
    Current outstanding fixes due for nebula l3 and others
    All sorts of other **** folks complain about here
    Cold weather in US northeast

Just curious, really.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Slux83 wrote: »
    I'm already tasting a MODOK r4/55 on the immune GK in AW :s Total money grab

Having a brain-fart, and can’t check game atm, what is GK again? Lol. I do hope he is fixed soon on the attack-while-intercepted thing and any other auto-block shenanigans.
  • NovaStarNovaStar Posts: 53
    From what I've heard it's a bug. I don't think it was meant to happen. But.....ya never know.
  • Grave35Grave35 Posts: 12
    For some reason after emergency maintenance now he’s evading and regular blocking in the middle of combos. What is going on with this guy? No rules apply to him? There’s no reason that on my 3rd hit of a combo he gets a regular block, not a red auto block, a regular blue block, or evades, he doesn’t have an evade as far as I know.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    New Act5 boss :#
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Auto Block isn't Auto Evade. He does both. He's bugged
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Crine60 wrote: »
    Hey guys -

We're still getting this looked into by the team and awaiting solid information to share with everyone. I apologize for the delay in it and the lack of an update, but I can reassure you it hasn't been forgotten.

What is there to look into that could take this long? Either he is working correctly or not. The person/team who designed him should be able to look at it and within a couple minutes have an answer.

Now if he is bugged a fix could take longer obviously but an answer on intended functioning or not should be easy for you to obtain. This is a shameful response on multiple fronts.

It's clear they are just leaving it until near the end of the event, then most likely confirm he was bugged and we all lost out on items.

I mean he is evading while still stunned from Parry... wtf is that about?
  • Hey everyone -

I know it's been a couple days since my last update, but this issue hasn't been forgotten. The team is working on getting it fixed. I don't have more to share, but when I do I'll be back. :)
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Hey everyone -

I know it's been a couple days since my last update, but this issue hasn't been forgotten. The team is working on getting it fixed. I don't have more to share, but when I do I'll be back. :)

Can you say what they are at least fixing then @Kabam Vydious as it seems a lot are reporting different issues with him.
This discussion has been closed.