Options

Does anyone miss the older simpler MCOC days?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★
    It's okay to reminisce and wonder what it would be like to have the old days again but at the same time there are a lot of games that never really changed and eventually died and for a game like MCOC, it was always going to have to evolve in order to continue to exist.

Now, whether or not MCOC should have had a shorter life shelf is a completely separate discussion altogether.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★

I miss the older MCOC days, the champs were so much easier to use, these days every new champ have to complex rotation where you have to manage so many things not only on your champs but the AI as well. I prefer the focus being on the defender and having simpler champs not having these perfect complex rotations. Just what I felt, these days you gotta do thesis on every champ, like we didn't had enough of that with defenders, nodes and different events.

Agreed, i just logged in and played, now ive to read a goddam bible of a champ ability description, and still confusing, so u have to look for 10+ minute long youtube videos just to learn a single champ. I dont have time for this, i just keep using the simple old school stuff such as Hyperion, Torch, Blade etc
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,477 ★★★★★
    Yes
  • Options
    TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
    I agree I miss that a lot. Does not mean I don’t understand that this is the way mcoc is now. It’s just to complicated for me to be able to follow that is happening which for me made it more of a button smasher game then at the beginning. No matter how much I try. I just can’t process all that is happening in a fight which makes it even more of button smasher since tactics and planning just don’t work when you cannot process it.

Now the new eq feels more complicated / stacking of abilities then before… it’s just to much for me to process
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 945 ★★★★★
    I do miss the likes of OG act 4 that would need something like 140 odd energy to get through and could take multiple different routes. Wish we could get a throwback map like this, that had new complex nodes, but didn’t have special 3’s. Give us 12-15 fights per path but make it fun. Fun at the heart, not trying to make a revive sink.
  • Options
    i13i13 Posts: 89
    Yay and nay…..

I can handle the champs having their own stuff, it’s just when they’re combined with hellish nodes.

Evil mode:
    1. Dashing back drains 20% of health
    2. Blocking drains 20% of health
    3. Defender is unblocking for 2 seconds every 3 seconds
    4. Loose 50% health when you blink

Honestly I’m always forgetting what some champs do and just wing it….

Some of the more brutal ones you can’t forget.

You’ll forever have ptsd from when Ultron’s random evade ruined your streak 😢
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,810 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

I miss the older MCOC days, the champs were so much easier to use, these days every new champ have to complex rotation where you have to manage so many things not only on your champs but the AI as well. I prefer the focus being on the defender and having simpler champs not having these perfect complex rotations. Just what I felt, these days you gotta do thesis on every champ, like we didn't had enough of that with defenders, nodes and different events.

Sometimes I miss the days where the only things you could do on the internet was read USENET, browse gopher servers, and read email. It was simpler time.
    sometimes I miss the old days before the internet when you had to watch shows when they aired or you were SOOL, when you had to arrange to meet a friend and then wait for them to show up and if they didn't, you had no clue why, or when you had to write actual letters and send to people and wait days, or even weeks, for a reply. The days when you had to just wait for a movie to have a trailer in the cinema before you knew about it...
    Ah yes, back when we had time to really focus on playing one game at a time.

• Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,649 ★★★★★
    The complexity of champions themselves isn't what gets me, but the constant influx of new champs. I want cool playable champions, but keeping track of 250+ ability sheets is a nightmare.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,080 ★★★
    Old act 6 I do not miss it
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★
    More playing, less reading plz, i dont want to study for a game ffs those champ description abilities are way too long nowadays
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,380 ★★★

LexSavi said:

I don’t mean to complain, but all of you are complaining about complaining.

It’s actually my biggest trigger when i see someone complaining about a complaint of someone else complaining
    Tonight a new show, folks

This is Marvel Contest of Complains

Next one will complain about something... let's wait
    👇👇👇
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,820 ★★★★★
    You know what I really miss - that feeling of awe that I got when I pulled a 4-star Miles Morales and it changed my account. I was able to clear a lot more content, etc etc.

I remember being awestruck and just so excited to play with this new champion.

6 years later, I’ve come to expect everything: to know how the kit functions before it’s released, that I’ll eventually pull the champion, where I’ll need them etc.

Not that it’s a bad thing - just miss ‘innocence’ if you will.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,753 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

You know what I really miss - that feeling of awe that I got when I pulled a 4-star Miles Morales and it changed my account. I was able to clear a lot more content, etc etc.

I remember being awestruck and just so excited to play with this new champion.

6 years later, I’ve come to expect everything: to know how the kit functions before it’s released, that I’ll eventually pull the champion, where I’ll need them etc.

Not that it’s a bad thing - just miss ‘innocence’ if you will.

Well said. I miss that too.
    The days when you pulled a champ and it really changed your account was a beautiful time, indeed.

Nowadays, it just doesn't happen anymore, not as an endgame player at least. 😪