• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,022 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

And yet here you are.

Is this the "love it or leave it" concept?
    No, this is the ludicrous hyperbole is ludicrous concept.

Anyone complaining that the game is completely unplayable while continuing to play the game has a credibility problem.

Anyone complaining that the game is completely unplayable but isn't actually playing the game has a foundational problem.

Anyone complaining the game is completely unplayable that doesn't actually mean it but just venting is violating the forum rules.

If you don't like something in the game or think something is not working correctly, you should provide actionable feedback. As in, feedback someone might actually read and pay attention to. No one in a position to do anything meaningful about it is going to take anything useful from that post, assuming they pay it any attention at all. All posts like that do is reinforce the notion that people complain just to complain, and don't have serious issues deserving serious attention. They aren't just not positive, they actually contribute negative.
    There are so many things wrong with the state of the game it's overwhelming to even develop constructive feedback. Quest designs are terrible (this is the worst side quest they've released in my 8 years of playing) The war tactic had to be nerfed 2 times because it was so stupidly designed, they fumbled this entire season of war, they are just adding the most ridiculous defenders with every update while the controls are still suspect, the AI is completely jacked and has inhuman reflexes and they have pumped out so much content that it's demoralizing to try to keep up. I'm a valiant player who's been in plat 3 and above war for years and I've 100% pretty much every bit of content to date but have lost all motivation to do anything other than not let my alliance down because of how things are right now.
    SQ design is bad but they’ve put out a lot of other great content. Also no one’s asking you to do all the content they pump out immediately. I’m glad to have something to do in the game and the only timed stuff has been WoW (and we get plenty of time for that).

I agree with war and the AI issues, but they’re already compensating for war
    The point is they got in over their heads. Released/worked on too much **** and didn't take the time to either think of all possibilities (there were war matchups with the original tactic that were all but impossible to solo) or to properly test so it got released bugged. I and a lot of other players would much rather they slowed down on the content release to make sure it actually works or fix issues that have been around for ages first.
    You’re acting like everything is broken when that isn’t the case. Aside from AW, everything has been working as normal. Input issues and AI problems have been around for years
    Also, if you go by how many things they've had to change after releasing them it's the most we've ever seen;

Absman they had to remove the robot objective altogether because it was too restrictive, then they had to nerf him for gauntlet, war they had to nerf the tactic twice and give compensation, Raids they had to nerf after the first one, side quest they just announced they're giving more keys and unlocking the map because so many people didn't understand how it worked. When they have to do this much cleaning up after stuff has already hit the game, it points to an issue with them not testing stuff properly before they release it.
    Toning something down when they realize it’s a little too restrictive is normal. They learned their lesson and the remaining WoW fights were great + they implemented what they had to for gauntlet. They compensated everyone and they’re doing the same for war

Raids are the same case. They’re fun now, and so what if they had a rocky start? It’s going to be good going forward.
    Fixing things that are broken after the fact is bare minimum expectations for a company. The point is that there has been a pattern for all of 2024 of stuff hitting the game then needing to be either nerfed or fixed later, which points to lack of testing or just being rushed and not being able to think it through.

Toning stuff down or having to fix stuff here and there is understandable, but this is the first year that I remember where this had to be done every single month. That is what people are complaining about.
    They weren’t broken, they were overturned. They learnt from it and improved upon it instead of making the same mistakes. They’ve been trying a lot of new content in 2024 and sagas and the like are new ground so obviously they’ll make mistakes. But the fact that they listen and improve is the important part and gives me a lot of hope for the future
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,799 Guardian

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

And yet here you are.

Anyone complaining that the game is completely unplayable while continuing to play the game has a credibility problem.

Anyone complaining that the game is completely unplayable but isn't actually playing the game has a foundational problem.

Anyone complaining the game is completely unplayable that doesn't actually mean it but just venting is violating the forum rules.

If you don't like something in the game or think something is not working correctly, you should provide actionable feedback. As in, feedback someone might actually read and pay attention to. No one in a position to do anything meaningful about it is going to take anything useful from that post, assuming they pay it any attention at all. All posts like that do is reinforce the notion that people complain just to complain, and don't have serious issues deserving serious attention. They aren't just not positive, they actually contribute negative.
    There are so many things wrong with the state of the game it's overwhelming to even develop constructive feedback. Quest designs are terrible (this is the worst side quest they've released in my 8 years of playing) The war tactic had to be nerfed 2 times because it was so stupidly designed, they fumbled this entire season of war, they are just adding the most ridiculous defenders with every update while the controls are still suspect, the AI is completely jacked and has inhuman reflexes and they have pumped out so much content that it's demoralizing to try to keep up. I'm a valiant player who's been in plat 3 and above war for years and I've 100% pretty much every bit of content to date but have lost all motivation to do anything other than not let my alliance down because of how things are right now.
    SQ design is bad but they’ve put out a lot of other great content. Also no one’s asking you to do all the content they pump out immediately. I’m glad to have something to do in the game and the only timed stuff has been WoW (and we get plenty of time for that).

The point is they got in over their heads. Released/worked on too much **** and didn't take the time to either think of all possibilities (there were war matchups with the original tactic that were all but impossible to solo) or to properly test so it got released bugged. I and a lot of other players would much rather they slowed down on the content release to make sure it actually works or fix issues that have been around for ages first.
    You’re acting like everything is broken when that isn’t the case. Aside from AW, everything has been working as normal. Input issues and AI problems have been around for years
    When Input issues and AI problems are considered normal, there's a problem with the game. I remember the days pre-2021 when this wasn't the case.
    Players have been complaining about both AI issues and input issues since 12.0. In fact, a year after 12.0 there were still people complaining that Parry was broken, and had been ever since 12.0. And there has never been a time when people haven't been complaining about at least some aspect of AI, in particular people have been complaining about the AI in the arena holding specials up to SP3 for about as long as I've been on the forums.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 918 ★★★
    Not a big fan of this month’s SQ and the solo objectives is really time consuming. Like how many special 3s do you guys do normally? Or using 1 stars. My phone had been experiencing slight stuttering, so I will have to upgrade to a new phone later this year. Wow was actually not as stressful without Absman as the main stumbling block for me. Might even get to be valiant in a couple of days thanks to the rewards there.
    There’s a lot of content and you really have to spend a lot more time if you want every goal achieve. However, it is also a good reminder that we don’t have to do everything as well. Otherwise it will drive you mad when you have school or a job (or family).
    My biggest beef after the update is that sometimes the auto fight button doesn’t work. It won’t do the countdown so you have to press it to start the fight but it does move your questing team along. It happens on my phone first but then it had been fine now. My iPad is still having the issue every few days. Don’t know if anyone has experience this after the monthly update.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,949 ★★★★★
    SammyDe said:

Not a big fan of this month’s SQ and the solo objectives is really time consuming. Like how many special 3s do you guys do normally? Or using 1 stars. My phone had been experiencing slight stuttering, so I will have to upgrade to a new phone later this year. Wow was actually not as stressful without Absman as the main stumbling block for me. Might even get to be valiant in a couple of days thanks to the rewards there.
    There’s a lot of content and you really have to spend a lot more time if you want every goal achieve. However, it is also a good reminder that we don’t have to do everything as well. Otherwise it will drive you mad when you have school or a job (or family).
    My biggest beef after the update is that sometimes the auto fight button doesn’t work. It won’t do the countdown so you have to press it to start the fight but it does move your questing team along. It happens on my phone first but then it had been fine now. My iPad is still having the issue every few days. Don’t know if anyone has experience this after the monthly update.

There has been guides everywhere like using bishop with synergies to start with an sp3.
    People using symbiote steve as a 1*... Everything as a work around.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,250 ★★★★★

SammyDe said:

There has been guides everywhere like using bishop with synergies to start with an sp3.
    To be fair. I did use the bishop and rttl method and it still felt grindy and tedious
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,949 ★★★★★
    edited April 9
    ahmynuts said:

SammyDe said:

To be fair. I did use the bishop and rttl method and it still felt grindy and tedious
    The only part that bothered me before finding out that guide.. was having to go check on the list over and over.
    Yeah it is a bad SQ, but is this really part of the problem with the state of the game?
    Are we really going to judge the game based on SQ
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    2 topics in one day that the OP gets less disagrees than the next summoner
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 211 ★★
    The only bug really bothering me right now is Autoplay not working properly. I'm trying to grind out lower parts of the event quest before Wednesday and its annoying to have to start every fight.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,336 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

And yet here you are.

Also, if you go by how many things they've had to change after releasing them it's the most we've ever seen;

Absman they had to remove the robot objective altogether because it was too restrictive, then they had to nerf him for gauntlet, war they had to nerf the tactic twice and give compensation, Raids they had to nerf after the first one, side quest they just announced they're giving more keys and unlocking the map because so many people didn't understand how it worked. When they have to do this much cleaning up after stuff has already hit the game, it points to an issue with them not testing stuff properly before they release it.
    I look forward to seeing how many weak players there are as evident by the down votes.

Disagree
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 319 ★★★
    There's plenty of things to be disappointed about, but I think we focus too much on the one thing that goes bad instead of all the other things that go well. I have this talk with my staff all the time. A kiddo tantrums for the last 10 minutes of a 6 hour day and all they can talk about is the last 10 minutes. What about the 5:50 that they were great?

There are some pain points with the AW tactic depending on the node/defender combos. Honestly, that's every war season. The original iteration was lackluster, no doubt about it. They made some changes and it's much better than it was. There are plenty of videos on YT that show every fight is doable. I remember a time when Kabam intended for maps not to be 100% completed, champs were hidden, and there were far more pain points than they have now. Heck, Act 6 was mentioned, but what about Act 4 when the paths were absurdly long and the Juggs fight (wasn't even a boss) had people pulling their hair out?

We're passionate about the game and we spend copious amounts of time (and money) playing it. We all want what's best for the game for various reasons. We're also an impatient community. That impatience leads to people complaining that they can't revive their way through content that wasn't even intended for their progression level. Do we want every piece of content to feel like arena? I don't. Swipe, swipe, tap, tap...

At some point, we need to take the tin foil hats off and acknowledge that it makes zero sense for Kabam to purposefully release bad or broken content. I have no issue with them pushing the boundaries, releasing something, and then rolling it back a bit depending on the data/input from the community. That should be how all games work. If you can't pick up the game and find a little enjoyment, then it's time for you to put the phone down and find something that will.
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 211 ★★
    I think the big issue is with the constant spin up of new content, core mechanics are not addressed especially with how complex the hundreds of champs interacting with the dozens of different nodes. I don't think dropping all new content for a month or two would allow Kabam to fix most of the bugs in the game either. We're dealing with a nearly decade old product that is constantly having new mechanics put one on top of another.

I think Kabam is doing alright. There are a decent number of issues of not predicting what nodes will do what or issues with new content, but generally those things get fixed pretty quickly (yes I know War has been a mess this season). I think Kabam has done a pretty good job at churning out new challenging content. I will say that tensions seem like they've been pretty high as of late though. In general though, I continue to have fun with this game and will keep playing even if it makes me shout at my phone occasionally because some content is not balanced appropriately or I eat a combo because a tap or swipe doesn't register.
  • Options
    EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★

I think the big issue is with the constant spin up of new content, core mechanics are not addressed especially with how complex the hundreds of champs interacting with the dozens of different nodes. I don't think dropping all new content for a month or two would allow Kabam to fix most of the bugs in the game either. We're dealing with a nearly decade old product that is constantly having new mechanics put one on top of another.

I think Kabam is doing alright. There are a decent number of issues of not predicting what nodes will do what or issues with new content, but generally those things get fixed pretty quickly (yes I know War has been a mess this season). I think Kabam has done a pretty good job at churning out new challenging content. I will say that tensions seem like they've been pretty high as of late though. In general though, I continue to have fun with this game and will keep playing even if it makes me shout at my phone occasionally because some content is not balanced appropriately or I eat a combo because a tap or swipe doesn't register.

IDK man, the original war tactic was so obviously broken. There are so many unblock able, or nodes where you get severely punished for parrying that it should have been pretty obvious that there would be complete roadblock matchups. That one example to me just shows lack of preparedness on Kabam's part.
  • Options
    Yukzii_IIYukzii_II Posts: 95
    Yeah I just think it’s all poor timing. We’ve got a new concept for a side quest which some players dislike, I’ve experienced the mastery bug. Still got some old bugs like the reparrying from defenders making me just not want to use my tigra and other similar champs. War is a shambles with just bullseyes everywhere, or at least was until the diversity nonsense. So many broken things at once just isn’t good and it’s stupid to expect that the community just be quiet and not say anything when something is bugged, or express annoyance.
  • Options
    Noknick733Noknick733 Posts: 50
    I absolutely hate FPS lag so much. Tell me why kabam and other game Devs can't improve performance
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,383 ★★★★★
    I can't actually remember the last time the SQ was done hassle free.
    Recent 3
    * Locked map and players can miss keys if they go the wrong path -> Have to unlock the map and issue more keys
    * Issue with Solo Event and changing progression -> Had to unlock all progressions plus award extra points
    * Couldn't claim keys -> Had to leave the quest open for longer and send out more keys

Also they introduced bugs into the UI in the latest releases
    * Clicking on AW give you a spinny thing for a long time
    * Can't use the back button
    * Have to wait for stats to appear after the fight before continuing

Then the mastery loadout was bugged right away.
    And AW Season 48 was a mess

Its at the stage now that if they introduce something new and it works straight away I'd be shocked.