Do you want the Ouroboros characters to be playable in the future?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★
edited April 10 in General Discussion
Act 8 bosses Scytalis, Bahamet, Cerastes and now Glykhan. They have some of the coolest designs in the game, but are only bosses, as of now and aren't playable. But do you want to see them as playable trophy champs in the future?

Do you want the Ouroboros characters to be playable in the future? 195 votes

Yes, I would love to
54%
BigPoppaCBONEBendyTalha305RajaSecondSkrillerChovnerfmussapGK_23ProxSungjcur53dNojokejaymMasterduxMike3034SyndicatedkikiFurieuxCupidHonghuRepto23RockSlydeNewman0067 106 votes
No (and state why)
36%
DrZolaHort4Balm82Maat1985Sundance_2099ege999menFoxhero007Caprice88ThatGuyYouSaw235BayouemDONZALOOG1234puretexan_23KerneasRayven5220OurobørosXigroRockyshockyIKONEakomoJChanceH9 72 votes
Maybe
8%
phillgreenspiderknight616Playboy22567PandingoRebarkElwindAshacekarThePredator1001UltragamerFrostGiantLord007BishopJoSpidey_10MasterACloudddey_broOldManHopshield311Nightheart 17 votes

Comments

• SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    Yes, I would love to
    Why not, people saying no just don’t wanna have fun lol
  • TP33TP33 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★★
    Yes, I would love to
    I think a lot of bosses are gonna become playable “chase” or trophy champions over time. Wouldn’t be surprised if we got a playable form of the collector (like maestro) from the next Necropolis type content (not saying that it’s coming soon, but it will happen and I wouldn’t be surprised if in a couple years time we get a playable collector)

I think if the act 8 bosses do come they will come as the next form of deathless champs instead of from Everest content like maestro did, they will likely be changed to have more single-class based utility but truly I wouldn’t be mad if the core tenets of each character remains the same, with some form of Chronoserpant or Entrophy coming as the deathless Thanos equivalent
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,755 ★★★★★
    Yes, I would love to
    For me i want scytalis shes so cool looking animations are sweet
  • Artoria77Artoria77 Member Posts: 2,550 ★★★★★
    No (and state why)
    It would be nice but then again not every boss needs to be made available to the player.
    For Maestro it made sense, he was one of the founding fathers of the game.
    If we do it for the Ouroboros minions then an argument can be made for every other unique boss in the game
    Yes, I would love to
    Unio77 said:

It would be nice but then again not every boss needs to be made available to the player.
    For Maestro it made sense, he was one of the founding fathers of the game.
    If we do it for the Ouroboros minions then an argument can be made for every other unique boss in the game

I want also the modok mashups also since spider witch and unstoppable ant if they are in game already they can be made as a playable id say but does have to be a unique way for sure like deathless champs are for a chase it be cool to see another design for all if its the mashups or the corrupted armor versions
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    No (and state why)
    I don’t really care about the characters at all. It’s a fun quest theme, but my sense is that the champs are more defensive-oriented than attack. Also, their abilities are lengthy and in some cases complex. I’d prefer not to have to figure out the interactions (and unintended interactions) for modes like AW or BGs.

Short answer: No. I cannot even imagine the bugs they would cause in other game modes.

Dr. Zola
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Member Posts: 496 ★★★
    Maybe
    If they are released they will definitely heavily altered from their boss versions.
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    No (and state why)
    They are unique bosses and I see no relevant reason why they would work as champions in my hands
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    Yes, I would love to
    I'm an old gamer and I remember how cool it was to finally be able to use Balrog, Vega, Sagat, and M. Bison in Street Fighter II Champion Edition. Using the Ouroboros bosses wouldn't be something I'd campaign for, but if they did end up in game I think they'd make fun additions. I agree that they would/should be a type of chase or reward champ. Maybe a selector for some kind of future content where the summoner could select one of the 4 as a reward.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 999 ★★★★★
    No (and state why)
    Some things need to remain sacred. I wouldn’t mind a ROL gauntlet with all them though.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    No (and state why)
    Naw, not every cool boss needs to be playable in the future.

What I would like is a way to go fight them once the quest is 100%, just for the fun of fighting them again.
  • puretexan_23puretexan_23 Member Posts: 30
    No (and state why)
    They are special Bosses, I hope they remain as that. Although I do hope there is a no cost way to play them again without going through a whole quest, just for the fun of fighting them again.
  • DuboisDubois Member Posts: 126
    ahmynuts said:

Actually on second thought maybe not. Not every boss has to be turned playable. Sometimes it's better to appreciate something from a distance

I agree, but the second the announce they're releasing a playable version of Cerastes, my wallet will fly open faster than it ever has before
    His victory animation is too cold mayn
  • leviddletonleviddleton Member Posts: 91
    Let's start with 6* Labtron and then go for the bosses lol
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,549 ★★★★★
    Yes, I would love to
    I'm down for it as long as they change the abilities like they did for maestro.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,547 ★★★★★
    No (and state why)
    I would be happy if he would be an annoying boss. And annoying game bosses are meant to be unplayable, coz once you can attain them, they aren't even close to what they were as final bosses
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    No (and state why)
    For me it's a maybe, first I'd wanna see a proper playable Thanos, Collector, GM and Superior Kang.
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    No (and state why)
    Reason ... because I don't want them to be 🤔😂
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★
    edited April 10
    Yes, I would love to

Let's start with 6* Labtron and then go for the bosses lol

Labtron also needs a buff as well. To me he’s the cooler of the two Ultrons in the contest
    Yes, I would love to
    DrZola said:

I don’t really care about the characters at all. It’s a fun quest theme, but my sense is that the champs are more defensive-oriented than attack. Also, their abilities are lengthy and in some cases complex. I’d prefer not to have to figure out the interactions (and unintended interactions) for modes like AW or BGs.

Short answer: No. I cannot even imagine the bugs they would cause in other game modes.

Dr. Zola

Well they would most likely change their kits in order to make them playable, they changed Maestro’s original kit and modernised it
    edited April 10
    Yes, I would love to
    Bendy said:

Plus she has some mechanics that are already in the game such as the evade counter attack. Her playstyle could be a mixture of Black Widow DO and Kraven the Hunter
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 260 ★★★
    Maybe
    First, we need Electro-Luke, Ice Phoenix, Night Carnage, and Gwenperion to be the next champs we chase. Similar to deathless
    Yes, I would love to
    EdisonLaw said:

Bendy said:

Plus she has some mechanics that are already in the game such as the evade counter attack. Her playstyle could be a mixture of Black Widow DO and Kraven the Hunter
    I just love her animation on sp2 and her look its just looking sweet a friend of mine also i know would like her also since she looks too awesome but for me in the corrupted armor i think scytalis and the punisher glykhan have the best looks
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,290 ★★★★★
    Yes, I would love to
    ahmynuts said:

Actually on second thought maybe not. Not every boss has to be turned playable. Sometimes it's better to appreciate something from a distance

I agree, but the second the announce they're releasing a playable version of Cerastes, my wallet will fly open faster than it ever has before
    You mean Scytalis
    *Wink*
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 798 ★★★
    Yes, I would love to

Naw, not every cool boss needs to be playable in the future.

What I would like is a way to go fight them once the quest is 100%, just for the fun of fighting them again.

You can, just run the quest again