Options

Shocker MASSIVE nerf

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,263 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Will rank ups after this timestamp

still receives RDT?

No. Don't go ranking up Champions now to get the Rank Down tickets.
    What can I do if I'm not gonna use the rank down ticket? I would use it but I can't get my t2 dust back so I'm pretty much forced to keeping him at the current rank he's at.
    I’m not sure, they said they can’t refund ascension dust

This is why we need “descension” dust in case something like this happens
    I'm sure they didn't think this would happen so they never worked on the tech for it
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 827 ★★★★

How will this work for people who are Valiant because they have 2 r3s and 1 of them is Shocker, but they'd want to take him down? I feel this would screw with the code since technically no longer be Valiant, even if it was only a couple minutes while they rank someone else.

The answer to your question is in one of my favorite community videos since I joined the game team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkDMJrRHWUg&ab_channel=ContestChampion
    Before you even posted I knew this would be referenced. Classic. Amazing moment.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,080 ★★★

How will this work for people who are Valiant because they have 2 r3s and 1 of them is Shocker, but they'd want to take him down? I feel this would screw with the code since technically no longer be Valiant, even if it was only a couple minutes while they rank someone else.

The answer to your question is in one of my favorite community videos since I joined the game team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkDMJrRHWUg&ab_channel=ContestChampion
    Paragone 🤣
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,342 ★★★★

Now that rank down tickets for Shocker is official I'll leave this here.... 😂

Put this in the meme thread lol
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,080 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Now that rank down tickets for Shocker is official I'll leave this here.... 😂

Put this in the meme thread lol
    Done lol
  • Options
    JoshyKiller23JoshyKiller23 Posts: 4
    Very disappointed kabam not finding a solution for people who used ascension dust on shocker. Cant issue RDT for people who used dust? What a BS excuse. Just give a full ascension on people who have ascended shockers in their accounts. How hard can that be for a company this size. Literally just doing the minimum. Massive L for people who used dust but W for people who didn’t.

Hey all,

I've spent a lot of today trying to track down exactly what happened and why.

First, I want to apologize for this fix going live without notice. We (Jax and I) were not aware of it, so we were not able to tell you about it before it happened. We've found the communications breakdown here and are working to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

This situation was caused by a Bug that went live late last year. This was not live when Shocker was released, or when he was going through his balance process. The gist of it is that glancing was measuring the opponent's attack too soon and was thus reducing it by too little if Champion's Attack rating was also being increased at the exact same time, which is the case with Shocker.

This was a bug fix that affected Glancing, and not a direct change to Shocker. It also does not affect Shocker's effectiveness against other Enemies. I know we've seen some folks talking about his damage changing against Champions with Armor Ups applied, and that should not be the case. We are keeping an eye out for that, but I think that this was a false flag.

I know that this affected Shocker directly, and there will be more conversations about him in the near future, but it is the end of the day on Friday, and it won't happen until early next week. I will be personally ensuring that we keep an eye on him, and especially his usage.

Once again, I am very sorry that this bug fix went out without any communication. That should not have happened, and we will work to ensure it doesn't happen again.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★

I think I came across that video under "Man Soils Himself In Real Time".
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,349 ★★★★★
    Ranks down shocker.
    Rank him back up during lvl up, to conserve iso and gold.

"Has been the story of all my rankdowns in the history of rankdownsTs"
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,550 ★★★★★

The silence is epic 😭
  • Options

I think I came across that video under "Man Soils Himself In Real Time".
    It was pure comedy on stream he was in absolute disbelief and watched his entire life crumble before his eyes before the "nah jk" chat message💀
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,028 ★★★★

I mean even with rankdown tickets for the 6 star if we cant rank down ascensions then its kinda pointless to rank down regardless

Then keep him ranked up, it’s not like he’s the literal black plague, he’s very much still viable.
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 211 ★★
    So serious question. I have a rank 3 Shocker that I used a gem on because he was the best option at the time. If I rank him down, do I get the three tier 4 alphas and other materials or a rank up gem?
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,623 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Community: "Give us RDT's!"
    Kabam: "Okay, okay, fine."

Community: "What do you mean we are getting RDT's?"

I mean, to be fair you can't blame me for still complaining. I ascended him so a RDT does virtually nothing, it would do more harm than good cause I lose 200 t2 dust for no reason basically.
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

I mean, to be fair you can't blame me for still complaining. I ascended him so a RDT does virtually nothing, it would do more harm than good cause I lose 200 t2 dust for no reason basically.
    I'm not blaming anyone i just think the switch up is funny
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

Easy way to solve.. 200 dust comp...
    Oprah style everyone gets 200 dust!!
    Wouldn't it be nice... Lol
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,550 ★★★★★
    Kabam shouldn't have given Rank down tickets.
    Shocker sux now cuz he can't handle three defenders - maestro, storm x and FAM, while all of these have so many other counters and importantly, shocker still can handle a lot of trouble some defenders, including onslut

And when kabam gave rank down tickets, y'all are still complaining instead of being grateful
  • Options

Kabam shouldn't have given Rank down tickets.
    Shocker sux now cuz he can't handle three defenders - maestro, storm x and FAM, while all of these have so many other counters and importantly, shocker still can handle a lot of trouble some defenders, including onslut

And when kabam gave rank down tickets, y'all are still complaining instead of being grateful

Some people like me ascended him for that very reason though, and t2 dust isn't getting refunded so the rank down tickets are useless for people like me. Ranking him down would do more harm than good at this point.
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 868 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike

I have used the generic 2-3 gem from Necropolis, will I get that gem back if I use the rank down ticket or will I get tech material back?
  • Options
    MoghazyMoghazy Posts: 51
    Omedenn said:

@Kabam Miike

I have used the generic 2-3 gem from Necropolis, will I get that gem back if I use the rank down ticket or will I get tech material back?

Tech material
  • Options
    Batmania15Batmania15 Posts: 11
    Moghazy said:

Omedenn said:

@Kabam Miike

Tech material
    I’m fine with it being tech material as we will still get the tier 4 alphas. I just wish we knew when it was going to actually happen. The whole topic has gone silent….