Thoughts on Act 8 final Boss

AbuBakar_009AbuBakar_009 Member Posts: 9 β˜…
in my opinion, third phase is not very good, and need to get Nerf regarding Root mechanic 😞😞😞😞😞

Comments

• AbuBakar_009AbuBakar_009 Member Posts: 9 β˜…
    That's why I am asking for root mechanic to get Nerf, you get a lot of damage on block
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,104 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 13

That's why I am asking for root mechanic to get Nerf, you get a lot of damage on block

You can just boost up too. Doom is great with his high block proficiency. I don't think it needs to be nerfed. You can also learn to dex his specials like Pikolu said.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 772 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I look at it from a different perspective. I'm not a fan of root and dexing while rooted, but this gave me a good opportunity to improve my skills. It's latest Story content and a main way for people to become Valiant without spending; it's supposed to be challenging
  • FolkvangrFolkvangr Member Posts: 142 β˜…β˜…

Just push him to sp2, it’s a lot easier to dex while rooted
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,230 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Seems like phase 2 is bugged. Every time I try to punish his specials after dex’ing he stuns me.
  • EtherionGodEtherionGod Member Posts: 270 β˜…β˜…
    Personally this was my favorite boss of Act 8 as a whole. It was a great way to end the act and I felt very satisfied after my first fight against him. Spent 1 revive for my doom. Solomon Grundy was by far the worst.
  • DawsManDawsMan Member Posts: 2,169 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    My first path was really tough. I was coming off of exploring the 15 other quests and it was late so I got tilted. (My excuse for spending 3 (or 4?) team revives on him). Although it was tough, the next day I was able to go in twice for significantly, significantly less revives. Weird fight but fun, allows you to get damage in with specials even if you can’t play around the punishments (unlike grandmaster prompt and wounded phase relationship), and didn’t have insane amount of health. Was a super satisfying boss to beat and his specials were easy to dex when rooted (with practice).
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,943 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I felt this boss was a little boring. There is very minimal difference between phases. The missions are little clumsy as well. Compared to other end bosses (GM and Kang), this one doesn't seem like a act end boss. But the fight is atleast longer unlike the other 3 corrupted bosses.

Huge kudos for kabam to release a boss who wasn't bugged😌
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,044 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Are you serious 😐
  • AtzeKrankAtzeKrank Member Posts: 140 β˜…
    This Boss gave me headache with all the root mechanism.
    Especially phase 3 and the last one.
    You going in, Stun fails due to many charges, hes using a heavy, roots you, failed evade, dead.
    8.4 was nice with some harder paths the along, but this boss wasn't my cut of tea and im really happy that i never need to go back there.

Also looks like Kabam is really in some love with root mechanic. EQ 1.1, 1.2, Story 8.4,...
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Path easy, dexing specials easy, avoiding Glykhan getting evade charges…not so much πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    GrO_ot78 said:

Path easy, dexing specials easy, avoiding Glykhan getting evade charges…not so much πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅

Lol, that was my problem too!
    I still have no idea how to avoid him getting those, even after I watched the simulation video guide about him, lol

Luckily, I'm done with it and never have to fight him again. 😁
    Hr was alot of fun though, I must say.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Third phase was a challenge for sure, but I ended up mostly using Doom due to his power control. You just build up to an SP1, bait a heavy and punish it with the SP1 to drain Frank's power, and then kind of just rinse and repeat. It was slow going but it ended up costing far fewer revives than my other attempts.

Kind of a fun fight, though.
  • AzdefAzdef Member Posts: 223 β˜…
    He was fun! Enjoyed it a lot. Try Hulk for the third phase if you are having trouble...
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,362 Guardian

GrO_ot78 said:

I still have no idea how to avoid him getting those, even after I watched the simulation video guide about him, lol

When a punishment is at max stacks, don't do it again.
    AtzeKrank said:

This Boss gave me headache with all the root mechanism.
    Especially phase 3 and the last one.
    You going in, Stun fails due to many charges, hes using a heavy, roots you, failed evade, dead.
    8.4 was nice with some harder paths the along, but this boss wasn't my cut of tea and im really happy that i never need to go back there.

Also looks like Kabam is really in some love with root mechanic. EQ 1.1, 1.2, Story 8.4,...

You need to intercept him if you want to parry in phase 3. The intercept punishment reduces stun and relic stun ability accuracy.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,715 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I completely understood the fight
    I was able to dex his special even while rooted
    I had fun
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 β˜…β˜…β˜…

GrO_ot78 said:

I’m done with him to, only did him once tho…I havn’t explored anything after act 5…because i’m a πŸ’© paragon πŸ₯΅πŸ‘»πŸ€ͺ🫑
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,692 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Horseman gambit took none
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,106 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Doesn’t need a nerf
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Member Posts: 1,778 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Don't block all of the hits, just 1 or 2 and dex rest.
  • MasterAMasterA Member Posts: 574 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Completion run root destroyed me. However once I knew how to dex whilst rooted it was easy