Dust needs a tune up

Red_Lightning02Red_Lightning02 Member Posts: 128
edited April 13 in General Discussion
Dust being shock and bleed immune is surely supposed to counter node 45 conflictor shock and bleed hazard shift right? Like that's her purpose isn't it? Well then there's the conflictor that goes crazy with her inflicting many debuffs.

And she is so called the best purify punisher in game so how is she not working any good ar all for path 7 in AW? (purify champions) she can't throw specials on the first section of that path because she will eat damage back and then she can't fight the next section of path 7 because they will be permanently unblockable due to her inflicting so many debuffs.

The problem in her design is obvious : her debuffs should be all passive outside of the parry stun snd then she will be able to take those paths and fights (that she is actually built for) more logically.

Comments

• Red_Lightning02Red_Lightning02 Member Posts: 128

Yeah no. Dust is already borderline broken

How come? Her Sand debuffs are preventing her from taking fights she is built for according to 99% of her kit
  • Red_Lightning02Red_Lightning02 Member Posts: 128
    @Kabam Miike
    To your consideration mate, she just can't do the fights she's made for
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,540 ★★★★
    She doesn't need a tuneup.. Dust is fine as is, she has her advantage over certain fights.. she is not the answer to all fights, which is good for the games overall health.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    I think her damage and power efficiencies need a tune up personally. Anyone calling her the best purify counter in the game is straight capping though lmao
  • EmomikeEmomike Member Posts: 229 ★★

She's nice if you run recoil set up but definitely far from being even close to broken. On defense she can be a pain and is ok but they are other champs that are far more of a pain.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,860 ★★★★★
    Dust is designed so that she works well against champions that Purify.

She's not necessarily going to work well against particular node combinations which are designed to be helpful to champions that Purify.

Why change a champion just because a particular part in Alliance War doesn't suit them?
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 438 ★★★
    I take path 7 in AW. I didn't bring her during the season because of the damage reflection, but she actually did quite well when I brought her in recently. I was running LC/DE and ended with a full yellow bar. I think the first 2 nodes on path 7 aren't ideal for her, but the next 2 she can do quite well. One sp2 with sandstorm up can end the fight, so yeah, doesn't need a tune up. Storm X can take the hazard shift nodes fine. Same with Bishop or Havok. There's no one-size-fits--all champ in AW these days.
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,355 ★★★★
    Dust need dust to ascend 👍
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 905 ★★★★

How come? Her Sand debuffs are preventing her from taking fights she is built for according to 99% of her kit
    Well she needs the mutants to purify her debuffs to ramp so I don't see the problem here. If you try and take the wrong skill champs you'll have a bad time is all.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,408 ★★★★

Dust being shock and bleed immune is surely supposed to counter node 45 conflictor shock and bleed hazard shift right? Like that's her purpose isn't it? Well then there's the conflictor that goes crazy with her inflicting many debuffs.

And she is so called the best purify punisher in game so how is she not working any good ar all for path 7 in AW? (purify champions) she can't throw specials on the first section of that path because she will eat damage back and then she can't fight the next section of path 7 because they will be permanently unblockable due to her inflicting so many debuffs.

The problem in her design is obvious : her debuffs should be all passive outside of the parry stun snd then she will be able to take those paths and fights (that she is actually built for) more logically.

Like you said, she is designed as a purify punisher, not a purify counter. You asking for her debuffs to be Passive essentially ruins her core design. A passive Sand would mean she doesn't have any benefit fighting against Skill champions (who can purify debuffs but not passives) compared to every other class. This would slow her ramp up tremendously since the only way to ramp would be through combos.

And no, a champion is not designed specifically for defender + node. You are conflating two different ideas - how a champion should fare against (Class Disadvantage) Defenders, and how a champion should fare against Node + Defender. It's like arguing that Hercules Immortality Buff should be passive because Path #616 has Encroaching Stun and Buffet node.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,297 ★★★★★
    No, she’s fine as is
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★

Dust is designed so that she works well against champions that Purify.

She's not necessarily going to work well against particular node combinations which are designed to be helpful to champions that Purify.

Why change a champion just because a particular part in Alliance War doesn't suit them?

She honestly works way better against matches thay apply bleed defensively. Against purifiers she ramps up a little quicker but it's nothing like toad
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    Watched a few Fintech war videos where he uses her and I would hardly say she needs a tune up. She wreck in the right match ups.