Options

Genuine Hercules Question

I’m currently cavalier with a roster more than capable of getting to Thronebreaker in its current state without any further rank ups. Up until this evening I’ve never had Hercules in a useable form. I only pulled him at 4* a few weeks ago long after I stopped using them for anything other than arena.

I’ve already got CGR, Hulkling and Angela at 6* rank 2 and Galan at 6* who I haven’t started on yet. From the comments I’ve seen a lot of later content seems designed specifically to counter Hercules. I’ve just picked him up at 6* this evening and am genuinely uncertain if it’s worth ranking him up. Is there still plenty of content at thronebreaker and beyond where he is worth using and worth the resources?

Genuine question as despite having played off and on for 6 or 7 years I’ve got no experience of Hercules whatsoever.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 167
    He hits hard
    The more fights he's in the harder he hits
    He's a good answer for auto block
  • Options
    SligSlig Posts: 357 ★★
    Take him up.

I’m about to R5 my 6* Herc.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,273 ★★★★★
    Even unawakened, he's still great.
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 576 ★★★
    Slig said:

Take him up.

I’m about to R5 my 6* Herc.

Same here, in about an hour when Level Up event starts, even though i rarely use him, i figure why not cuz he'll never be a 7*
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,455 ★★★★
    edited April 28
    Listen to the people. Dupe him and (barring mystic buffstoppers) he'll bludgeon a win in most content where you had no right winning.

Here's mine:

Great with maxed ouchie masteries (like mine is). Superfun when paired with Heimdall.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★

Even unawakened, he's still great.

Hulkling, cgr, galan are better than unduped Hercules.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,569 ★★★★★
    Herc made "War showcase" total joke.
    Some would call this showcase hardest thing after Necro and Herc just rolled through it, he's the first thing you should priories on getting to r5 sig200 Ascended
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 514 ★★★
    Take it from someone who has always been lucky wiith Hercules, i got him as my first few 4*, 5* and 6*, so he made my team from uncollected to act 8.4. Rank him up!

For me, i brute forced a lot of content thanks to Hercules and when i reached Act 6, i realized i wasnt very good at the game because Hercules let me breeze through fights that i should have struggled. In act 6, i improved my game because node combos are tricky and Hercules doesn't always work. In act 7, you need specific counters and therefore a diverse roster is required here with Hercules not making your team in several occasions. But Act 8, i have used Hercules a lot more again for his true sense, stun immunity and high damage potential with limited hits. He also is a counter for all the act 8 bosses.

Story content is not the only content. He has been an option for this month's event quest, winter of woe, side quest, etc.

This entire concept of him not being as usable anymore at higher SQ acts is largely Act 7 and that act is anwyays designed for you to use different champs every quest. Therefore rank him up. He might not come as a 7*, so long term having a 6* fully ranked will be useful.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,210 ★★★★
    Yes, still one of the best for act 6 and 7.
  • Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 981 ★★★
    If you need 6 Star so bad, Somehow get to Thronebreaker & use Poolies to buy 2021 Champion Selector.....He is in there...All the best!
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,569 ★★★★★

If you need 6 Star so bad, Somehow get to Thronebreaker & use Poolies to buy 2021 Champion Selector.....He is in there...All the best!

Kabam handing Herc like that is kinda worrying, it means now they're comfortable to counter him more and more 😩
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 843 ★★★
    If anyone who doesn't have him isn't picking him out of the champion selector they are broken.....more than Herc is
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 462 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

Kabam handing Herc like that is kinda worrying, it means now they're comfortable to counter him more and more 😩
    Herc counters can still be nuked by others like Doom and Hulkling so it's not really an issue. He should still be amazing for most other content
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,784 ★★★★★
    edited April 28
    When people say that there is some content that specifically counter him, they are talking about stuff like the Necropolis. The true pinnacles of endgame content.*

For most other content in the game, he's amazing. I recently took him up to r5 myself, and I'm Valiant. Even where I'm at in the game, I just couldn't justify not ranking him up. There will likely always be instances where he's among the best options for something (as long as 6*s are still relevant anyways). Probably a lot of things. If you're a Cav chasing Thronebreaker, he'll be invaluable.

* Sidenote: these are instances where his immortality just won't flat out work. He can still be countered by normal anti-cosmic nodes such as Power Snack. His immortality is a buff like any other and can be removed in a myriad of ways.
  • Options
    mmartin5817mmartin5817 Posts: 79
    edited April 28
    Learn to intercept and special intercept efficiently and you’ll be able to ramp him up super fast, also learn his feats of strength and how they stack from fight to fight and within the fight. At 12 stacks he’s amazing even unawakened. His sp1 intercept gives you 3 precision buffs and sp2 intercept gives you 3 cruelty. Very useful for increasing damage and critical hits.

He is the best bug counter, if Kabam nerfs him it’ll only be justifiable if they’ve fixed all the bugs. When a defender reparry or my parry fails and I get slapped with herc he can survive it so playing around the bugs isn’t as devistating. I can just fight for 20-30 more seconds with my second wind of immortality.
  • Options
    JerichoharrisJerichoharris Posts: 17
    Great input. Sounds like he’s definitely worth the effort. I’ve got a decent array of 6* champs at the moment (given where I’m at) barring mystics for some reason but it looks like he’ll be a priority. I’ll get an awakening gem from the poolies shop thing and away we go.