Options

Is one 7R3 and some titan shards really worth 130mil+ gold?

While some valiant's are fortunate enough to have plenty of gold/iso for rankups, after 8.4 i'm in a resource drought.
These 7R3 materials will surely be becoming much more common over the next few months, especially after J4. I reckon the gold would last at least till the end of the year if not longer.

How much of an impact can one 7R3 make compared to ranking multiple champs to 7R2, or 6R5?

Is one 7R3 and some titan shards really worth 130mil+ gold? 192 votes

Gold
26%
LewisTheLlamaJerryJiverWardenclockpseudosanetusharNaircx23433Rayven5220SoundwarpAngusMac279GkeveryMikeFrisbieDiegog2000SkjornArtoria77DawsManHSS75SwagerMasterBuggyDClownGoldenDadTheholyplunger 50 votes
2 x T4A + 10k Titan
70%
Talha305RajaZENSligSecondSkrillerzuffySIlverProfessorJets44AzKicker316Batmania15LuciusVorenusGK_23Ragnarok13Anurag1606Leediman39TerrayossNescioCat_Murdockcaptaincushtravgiant 135 votes
Other
3%
smdam38ShinobiGuySkillful_starGrieferMadnessErik_BloodaxeRealWizardJoey_Joe_joe_27 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    AngusMac279AngusMac279 Posts: 123
    Gold

If you're doing AQ, EQ and SQ consistently you don't really need all that extra gold, and if you do need it then Incursions and Arenas will get you the rest.
    If gold was harder to get sure but gold is extremely easy to get nowadays so I really don't think Gold > 2t4a + 10k T Shards is the move.

I do map 6, 100% EQ on top two difficulties, and the SQ, as well as arenas. Somehow still in a drought. Rank-up materials and champion acquisition outside of 7R3 is outpacing gold right now.
    Now we dont need to stagger rankups because of this gold and iso. But the shards and t3a are nice tough choice.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,472 ★★★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan

If you're doing AQ, EQ and SQ consistently you don't really need all that extra gold, and if you do need it then Incursions and Arenas will get you the rest.
    If gold was harder to get sure but gold is extremely easy to get nowadays so I really don't think Gold > 2t4a + 10k T Shards is the move.

I do map 6, 100% EQ on top two difficulties, and the SQ, as well as arenas. Somehow still in a drought. Rank-up materials and champion acquisition outside of 7R3 is outpacing gold right now.
    Now we dont need to stagger rankups because of this gold and iso. But the shards and t3a are nice tough choice.
    You should start doing Incursions then, 1M gold consistently every week, that could solve your problem. T4a is probably top 3 most valuable items in-game right now right after r3 generic and class gems.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,258 ★★★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan

You should start doing Incursions then, 1M gold consistently every week, that could solve your problem. T4a is probably top 3 most valuable items in-game right now right after r3 generic and class gems.
    Not even every week, closer to twice a week since it's every 4 days.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,446 ★★★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan
    Absolutely zero question.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 643 ★★★
    edited April 28
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan
    This is probably one of the worst takes in mcoc in a while imo. You guys understand if this was not intentional by Kabam, they will change future rank up costs to catch up with this. I still think this was intentional since they are slowly removing gold cost for other resources except for ranking up champs. We used to have the gold deals for rank up resources, buy AQ tickets for gold etc. There are multiple sources to grind for gold, but not for T4A and titan shards, even for casual spenders. This is strictly for accounts that are valiants. For lower accounts, yes, some of the expensive deals might not help you or might be hard to take advantage of right away depending on progression level.
  • Options
    Gold

This is probably one of the worst takes in mcoc in a while imo. You guys understand if this was not intentional by Kabam, they will change future rank up costs to catch up with this. I still think this was intentional since they are slowly removing gold cost for other resources except for ranking up champs. We used to have the gold deals for rank up resources, buy AQ tickets for gold etc. There are multiple sources to grind for gold, but not for T4A and titan shards, even for casual spenders. This is strictly for accounts that are valiants. For lower accounts, yes, some of the expensive deals might not help you or might be hard to take advantage of right away depending on progression level.

yeah sure but how much of a difference does one r3 make to your roster right now. I'm counting on resources like t4a to become increasingly available after events like this and J4. The ability to widen your R2 roster is more valuable imo. Though not everyone has gold as a limiting factor in rank up choices i guess.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,472 ★★★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan

Not even every week, closer to twice a week since it's every 4 days.
    See that's even better then, I wasn't sure cause I don't have time for Incursions but that's good to know.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,256 ★★★★★
    What’s the use of catalysts if you don’t have gold to rank them up?

I don’t have a gold issue myself but if I were to be facing that problem of gold v cats, I’ll pick gold.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 643 ★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan

yeah sure but how much of a difference does one r3 make to your roster right now. I'm counting on resources like t4a to become increasingly available after events like this and J4. The ability to widen your R2 roster is more valuable imo. Though not everyone has gold as a limiting factor in rank up choices i guess.
    If you have resources to R2 more than 3 7* stars at once and you also have a gold problem that's preventing you from doing rank ups at the same time, then there must be something you are not doing right when it comes to gold acquisition. Putting too much effort on 1 thing and neglecting other areas.
  • Options
    Gold

If you have resources to R2 more than 3 7* stars at once and you also have a gold problem that's preventing you from doing rank ups at the same time, then there must be something you are not doing right when it comes to gold acquisition. Putting too much effort on 1 thing and neglecting other areas.
    Perhaps. I'm thinking of it this way, would you spend 130 mil gold on resources like that? The effort required to obtain that much gold will be more then the effort required to obtain t4a in the nearish future. No way to know though
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,542 ★★★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan
    Only rank up champs during 22h level up event, you'll solve many of your gold and iso problems automatically 😃
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 495 ★★★
    You now have me questioning what I’m gonna buy with the poolies, if I just go all in on the 2500 deal that will do wonders for my overall rating, and taking my 7* venom from r2 to r3 won’t make a world of difference
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,446 ★★★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan

taking my 7* venom from r2 to r3 won’t make a world of difference

It absolutely does, especially with a high tier relic.
  • Options
    yossyoss Posts: 25
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan
    You can get gold from incursions, arena, side quests, etc.
    Currently t4a is really rare if you don't spend a lot on the game.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,140 ★★★★★
    Gold
    I don't play Bg, arena and incursion
    Barely do AQ except raids
    Same for Aw as we are semi retired ally

I am valiant
    I was down to my last 10m gold.

Excel 7r3 mats, everything is outpacing gold rn. Glory store to Bg Store, there are lot stuff. Eq and Sq give solid amount as well

So I went with gold and went to 51m immediately. Rank up resources will come eventually and even if I get rank up Mats now I don't have enough iso and gold to rank anyone.
    So gold for me.

Also I want to point out that one might ne sacrificing 2t4a but it will result in to like Ranking up tons of 6 stars from R3 to R4 and many more
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 495 ★★★
    BeastDad said:

taking my 7* venom from r2 to r3 won’t make a world of difference

It absolutely does, especially with a high tier relic.
    Ok haha I'll rank him, I only have a dupe 4 star and unduped 5 star venom relic but ill get a 6 one day.

He's good for raids too
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 729 ★★★★

Perhaps. I'm thinking of it this way, would you spend 130 mil gold on resources like that? The effort required to obtain that much gold will be more then the effort required to obtain t4a in the nearish future. No way to know though
    I would say the best way to find out is for Kabam to release some gold deal so we can find out and get some data on it 😉 🤣
  • Options
    tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 290 ★★
    Gold
    Value of all resources depreciate except gold and units
  • Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 578 ★★★
    Other
    The gold is sooooo tempting. I'm gonna have to think about it.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,783 ★★★★★
    I think it's a good deal and I don't think anyone is crazy if they choose the gold and ISO above the other offers. I've personally been having a tough time with both ever since Necropolis so I already picked up 100K poolies worth of it. (But just to be transparent, I also bought one of the unit deals so I could pick up the top offer as well.)

The only thing that is annoying about it if you're buying a ton of it is that choosing all of that ISO from the selector takes a looooong time. I wish they had a system where you could just allocate the ISO immediately, no matter how many stacks you buy, and not have to choose every stack manually.

One thing to keep in mind if you really want to pick up the resources but still have a gold/ISO shortage: the Trader's Outpost has an amazing deal in it with regards to gold and ISO as well. You can pick up 3m gold and 60 of those generic t6 ISO bricks per week, for just 5K of that specific currency (I forget what it's called). I usually have that much over once I've picked up the t6b and t3a, so I've been picking it up for the last couple of weeks. It's an awesome top-off that doesn't require you to do anything other than the SQ (which is great if you, like me, doesn't really enjoy playing Incursions).
  • Options
    StarlightMCOCStarlightMCOC Posts: 2
    Gold
    I chose gold and iso all in so I can level up every single champion I had at rank 1 level 1 for 2 purposes, 1. To have all my champions ready to rank for whatever challenge may come so I may get the next rare material. 2. To level up all of my 4 stars to r4 and r5 to grind arena for even more gold and units
    I think it's a good investment if you don't have a super stacked roster, one more r3 7 star doesn't mean much unless it's to get you valiant or if you already have a super stacked roster. I'm not aiming for the top of the game so having a bunch of rank 3's doesn't matter to me right now
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,910 ★★★★★
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan

I chose gold and iso all in so I can level up every single champion I had at rank 1 level 1 for 2 purposes, 1. To have all my champions ready to rank for whatever challenge may come so I may get the next rare material. 2. To level up all of my 4 stars to r4 and r5 to grind arena for even more gold and units
    I think it's a good investment if you don't have a super stacked roster, one more r3 7 star doesn't mean much unless it's to get you valiant or if you already have a super stacked roster. I'm not aiming for the top of the game so having a bunch of rank 3's doesn't matter to me right now

If you were grinding arenas , you wouldnt need to get gold in the first place...
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,783 ★★★★★

If you were grinding arenas , you wouldnt need to get gold in the first place...
    I tend to grind out at least one of the arenas each time and while it's a great source of gold, it's not enough for me to not consider buying gold from this event or, as I mentioned in a previous comment, from the Trader's Outpost. Sometimes you just have to supplement the resources you get from one place with some from another. That goes for gold just as much as it does any other resource.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,910 ★★★★★
    edited April 29
    2 x T4A + 10k Titan
    Ercarret said:

I tend to grind out at least one of the arenas each time and while it's a great source of gold, it's not enough for me to not consider buying gold from this event or, as I mentioned in a previous comment, from the Trader's Outpost. Sometimes you just have to supplement the resources you get from one place with some from another. That goes for gold just as much as it does any other resource.
    Gold is farmable, r3 mats are not, at least for now. 2 t4a can take such a long long time to get; but everyone has their way of playing the game.
    I will agree that if I was UC or Cav i would actually consider it as an investment though.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 877 ★★★
    Other
    It is kind of the great thing about this event.

You can choose what is better for your personal account right now.
  • Options
    predatorrpredatorr Posts: 63
    what am i missing
    They say 130 million gold, I can't calculate it.
    without buying with money
    The gold you can buy is between 10 - 15k
    How do you calculate 130 million?