Options

What do I do?

500 units and 10$ later, glyhkan only at 49% at phase 2. I’ve watched countless videos, done a few practice runs, and did pretty good first phase. Phase 2… oof. Only judgment left was stun, and it would say stun failed. Would punish special, throw special, then be evaded and loose my prowess. I mainly used kp, but need advice on what to do and how to do it.

Kp-r4 awakened
Abs-r4 ascended max sig
Shang- r3 ascended awakened
Hulkling- r4 and ascended awakened
Kitty- r5 5* ascended

Please help. 8.4 has been cancer for me, I just want it over. I would also prefer to not spend more money.

Thanks all

Comments

• Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 359 ★★

500 units and 10$ later, glyhkan only at 49% at phase 2. I’ve watched countless videos, done a few practice runs, and did pretty good first phase. Phase 2… oof. Only judgment left was stun, and it would say stun failed. Would punish special, throw special, then be evaded and loose my prowess. I mainly used kp, but need advice on what to do and how to do it.

Kp-r4 awakened
    Abs-r4 ascended max sig
    Shang- r3 ascended awakened
    Hulkling- r4 and ascended awakened
    Kitty- r5 5* ascended

Please help. 8.4 has been cancer for me, I just want it over. I would also prefer to not spend more money.

Thanks all

Not abs, I’m sorry. Emma frost- r5 ascended 5*
  • Options
    Grub88 said:

I would also prefer to not spend more money.

I mean this says it all. You don't have the resources at this time so quit out and fill up resources again and come back later.

Keep watching videos on how to beat him. You will want health potions as well because you need to take block damage at certain times to gain windows to do damage. If you gain too many of the same type of punishment then he gains the evade if you are note confident in your ability then possibly hold onto your relic so you can use this immediately after landing a hit so hit evade doesn't get you

Tough spot man but happens to all of us at some point
    Okay thanks man
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,596 ★★★★★
    edited April 29
    Don't quite, why the gent above asked you to "quIT aNd cOmE bAcK" is beyond me.

Grind Arena 2000 units is very doable, if you don't believe me, click my profile and see my Necro post, I was also in same dilema but thankfully people there suggested to just grind Arena, DO NOT QUIT.
  • Options

PT_99 said:

Grind Arena 2000 units is very doable, if you don't believe me, click my profile and see my Necro post, I was also in same dilema but thankfully people there suggested to just grind Arena, DO NOT QUIT.

My dude, necropolis is a different beast than 8.4 is.
    I would quit out, focus on building your revive/potion stash, maybe other content to rank your champs further then go back in when you have built a stash up and kick his ass.
    What stash? You just need units for revives.
    While grinding Arena, he'd be able to finish 3 22h solo events out of 4 also. So there's that as well
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 223 ★★
    PT_99 said:

2 - 3 hour necro run verse a 20 - 40 minute 8.4.6 run. Fair comparison
  • Options

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

I would quit out, focus on building your revive/potion stash, maybe other content to rank your champs further then go back in when you have built a stash up and kick his ass.
    While grinding Arena, he'd be able to finish 3 22h solo events out of 4 also. So there's that as well
    Or he could quit out, do apothecary daily, plus arena and 22 hour events, rank up his champs given he's clearly having a hard time with the fight as it is, and go in better prepared.

He's only half way through phase 2. He's gonna get wrecked in phase 3 if he's having this much trouble.

You're acting like he's in the middle of necropolis.
    It's 6 fights easy fights to get back to glykhan when he's better prepared.
    Soo the guy spent 10 dollars for nothing then?
    Just remember he might not be able or skilled enough to reach Glykhan without dying or needing heals revives on path as well, so you want him to redo all of that hard path again instead of just getting units to revive and get it over with.

Take that into consideration also.
    He came this far, it's only appropriate to keep on continuing, this month's SQ is not any special either so he won't be missing out either.

That would be my plan, to just grind Arena, do 3 22h solo event as EQ solo event is **** anyways that I don't do 🤣

75 units, 3 revives, 3 potions (if you need) plus Arena grind, should be enough for this Glykhan.
    Because restarting it all, after wasting money is big bruh moment.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,280 ★★★★★
    edited April 29
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Or he could quit out, do apothecary daily, plus arena and 22 hour events, rank up his champs given he's clearly having a hard time with the fight as it is, and go in better prepared.

He's only half way through phase 2. He's gonna get wrecked in phase 3 if he's having this much trouble.

Just remember he might not be able or skilled enough to reach Glykhan without dying or needing heals revives on path as well, so you want him to redo all of that hard path again instead of just getting units to revive and get it over with.

He came this far, it's only appropriate to keep on continuing, this month's SQ is not any special either so he won't be missing out either.

That would be my plan, to just grind Arena, do 3 22h solo event as EQ solo event is **** anyways that I don't do 🤣

75 units, 3 revives, 3 potions (if you need) plus Arena grind, should be enough for this Glykhan.
    I'm guessing that if he's already spent $10 on units, then he'll need much more than 75 units, 3 revives and 3 potions (definitely the potion part), and arena grinding. Like a lot of arena grinding.

But I too second arena grinding. Never back down, never surrender.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,922 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Like 10 bucks is life-changing lately... Its like a combo at McD
  • Options

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

People must realise, 10 dollars is a meal for someone and others do indeed use 10 dollar notes to wipe their ass. 🤣

But lol, it's up to him, he's stuck, we can only advise him, who knows he buys Odin and enjoy Glykhan completion and Deadpool poolies 🤑

• Options
    IryseIryse Posts: 492 ★★★
    @Kingering_King Not everyone gets it in the first try. And those who do, waste alot of revives and units which is not shown in videos or described anywhere. I used like 20 revives to learn and understand the gameplay for the first time and finish it. I stash revives and units like crazy like 60s. Form that habit.

Watching videos wont help you in real time fight because you got to act when yoh play and it takes little loses and errors to learn and understand. If you have revives stashed, you will be more comfortable in dying and in turn make you fight much better.
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 223 ★★
    Iryse said:

@Kingering_King Not everyone gets it in the first try. And those who do, waste alot of revives and units which is not shown in videos or described anywhere. I used like 20 revives to learn and understand the gameplay for the first time and finish it. I stash revives and units like crazy like 60s. Form that habit.

Watching videos wont help you in real time fight because you got to act when yoh play and it takes little loses and errors to learn and understand. If you have revives stashed, you will be more comfortable in dying and in turn make you fight much better.

Yeah imagine using revives that you have paid for with money, or revives that you have grinded for hours for in arena.

Also no one is taking into consideration this guy is still running 5*'s for his 8.4 completion he is clearly skilled enough and likely has very limited champs to be grinding arenas
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

People must realise, 10 dollars is a meal for someone and others do indeed use 10 dollar notes to wipe their ass. 🤣

But lol, it's up to him, he's stuck, we can only advise him, who knows he buys Odin and enjoy Glykhan completion and Deadpool poolies 🤑

Yeah not gonna happen, I’m still in and gonna grind arena. Thanks for being positive and for good advice!!!
  • Options
    Grub88 said:

Iryse said:

Yeah imagine using revives that you have paid for with money, or revives that you have grinded for hours for in arena.

Also no one is taking into consideration this guy is still running 5*'s for his 8.4 completion he is clearly skilled enough and likely has very limited champs to be grinding arenas
    That’s also true. I got paragon a little over a month ago, only been playing for about a year.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 693 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

In economics, there's something called a sunk cost, which is a cost that has already been paid and cannot be gained back. Revives, potions, and units spent already are sunk costs.

Future decisions, such as staying in or quitting out, should not be based on sunk costs. It may seem counter to natural tendency, but what was already used shouldn't impact what he does now

@DNA3000 can probably explain this better than me
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

In economics, there's something called a sunk cost, which is a cost that has already been paid and cannot be gained back. Revives, potions, and units spent already are sunk costs.

Future decisions, such as staying in or quitting out, should not be based on sunk costs. It may seem counter to natural tendency, but what was already used shouldn't impact what he does now

That was exactly my thought.
    I've sunk revives and such into fights and backed out to go in another day, knowing it was gonna cost me too much to continue.
    But hey, some people don't understand that it isn't about what you spent, it's about what you will spend if you continue and other stuff you may miss out on if you continue.
  • Options

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

That was exactly my thought.
    I've sunk revives and such into fights and backed out to go in another day, knowing it was gonna cost me too much to continue.
    But hey, some people don't understand that it isn't about what you spent, it's about what you will spend if you continue and other stuff you may miss out on if you continue.
    Huh. Didn’t think of it that way
  • Options
    LickyLicky Posts: 313 ★★

I restarted, new team. Made it to phase 3 no items.

Awesome bro, well done.
  • Options
    Yeah didn’t work. Spent 2 revives and can’t dex in root. Taking up my 5* storm so I can use 200% power boost to “cheese” him.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,790 ★★★★

Yeah didn’t work. Spent 2 revives and can’t dex in root. Taking up my 5* storm so I can use 200% power boost to “cheese” him.

One tip that could help you with Phase 3 while you are still learning to dex his specials: Domino. Particularly if you have an awakened and reasonably high sig version of her, his roots will sometimes fail giving you a little bit of a break. This was helpful for me in my first run in particular when I was still trying to figure out the timing to dex his specials. It took me till about 1/2 way through my 2nd run before I felt like I could dex him easily, but I’m a scrub.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,280 ★★★★★
    edited April 30

I had a hard time dexing his specials while rooted, so I held block and was able to more successfully dex his heavy than his specials. I don't know if that'll help you.

I also don't know if the 200% power boost will help much. She'll deal tons of damage, but his health is so high, and the boost is based off of percent of health damage, not total damage. But I'm sure someone has already made a video of Storm cheese (but also guessing if there is one out there that it was with a 7* or high 6* and not a 5*) so what do I know.

Good luck.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

For that amount in India you can eat like for week with good meal so yeah depends upon geography as well
  • Options

I had a hard time dexing his specials while rooted, so I held block and was able to more successfully dex his heavy than his specials. I don't know if that'll help you.

I also don't know if the 200% power boost will help much. She'll deal tons of damage, but his health is so high, and the boost is based off of percent of health damage, not total damage. But I'm sure someone has already made a video of Storm cheese (but also guessing if there is one out there that it was with a 7* or high 6* and not a 5*) so what do I know.

Good luck.
    Yeah, I’m not sure who it was, maybe MSD, but someone had a 2:30 speedrun with r3 7* horseman storm.