Options

Why do we bother to buff super old champions?

Nichoas_1Nichoas_1 Posts: 144 ★★
Legitimate question. To me it’s mainly a waste of time and resources. There’s a couple of buffs so goo it made me want those champs, but mainly once I’ve moved on I’ve moved on. Disclaimer: most of my titan pulls have not been exciting to me. Recently I broke that streak by pulling dust and then iron heart. So let’s push it, and see if the luck continues right(stupid)? Gets a 7* buffed Luke cage out of the next titan. I’m not happy wasting resources pulling a champ with zero hype, and honestly never cared if he was buffed to begin with. Buffing iconic can’t miss characters is one thing. Buffing obscure characters that don’t have juggernaut level fan base is kinda pointless and in this case so disappointing I can’t begin to tell you lol. Zero fun had with my last poolie opening for this event. P.S: I still haven’t pulled bullseye after like 30+ featured and like 4 titans :) thanks kabam

Comments

• Options
    Nichoas_1Nichoas_1 Posts: 144 ★★
    @Squirrelguy you missed my point. Idc if old champs should be something they are not. They are old. Who is going to say man I just really wish they buffed Luke cage a third time cause after 2 buffs and 7 years I almost enjoyed him? No one. Pissing in the well
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,702 ★★★★★
    Nichoas_1 said:

@Squirrelguy you missed my point. Idc if old champs should be something they are not. They are old. Who is going to say man I just really wish they buffed Luke cage a third time cause after 2 buffs and 7 years I almost enjoyed him? No one. Pissing in the well

Ive been wanting buffs on old champs and tbh luke didnt need the buff but it was welcomed but id take 2015 champs to buff to put them in line of newer champs of being useful
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,647 ★★★★★
    Nichoas_1 said:

I mean, clearly you care when an old champ isn’t good. There are still a solid number of Luke fans who were…. at least slightly mollified that he got a buff, although I’m sure they would have preferred better. I would love it if they gave Black Bolt even a decent buff.

You seem to be simultaneously upset because you pulled an old and un-hype champ, but also campaigning for them to never improve those champs and make them even worse to pull.

If you see any item from a randomised pool as “a waste of resources”, then you’re just gonna get disappointed overall in life. It’s all a gamble to get the champs that you like, and you clearly thought it was worth it because you bought the item/offer.

As a side note, almost every complaint about a Titan pull I’ve seen had been like “all of my 8 titan crystals have been trash”, when plenty of Valiant level players have opened like 2 crystals in the last two months. You know the pool, and I get wishing for champs you’d like better, but it seems like 90% of these posts are just trashing champs that aren’t the very latest or most hype options. It’s a big game with a lot of champs.
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 548 ★★★
    edited April 29
    Nichoas_1 said:

I feel like you're less upset about what champion got buffed and more frustrated with how the buff came out which translated to your disappointment with the pull. And, while I could be wrong, Luke Cage is a pretty popular Marvel character. But it still doesn't make sense to be upset with older champions being buffed since they've been in the game the longest and need the improvement the most.

Buffing older champions has the most impact since more people own at least some version of that champion. Imagine opening that Titan crystal and getting Luke Cage before his buff. You'd probably be more disappointed than you are now. A buff like this takes away some of the sting of a pull like pre-buff Luke Cage. It may not be what you wanted and that champion may not be meta, even after the buff, but at least they have some use now. That is beneficial to all players at all walks in the game.

I'd also take a look at some videos for Luke Cage. He's better than you might think.
  • Options
    RDR2JammyRDR2Jammy Posts: 23
    Because leaving iconic champs like classic Spidey and Iron Man to die into obscurity because they were released in the game infant stage is boring and stupid.

Not buffing older champs and giving them more use cases will just mean the same old meta champs stay at the top which would be super boring.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,181 ★★★★★
    Squirrel guy is the new smadmn? Only explanation to a take that is this big of an L