**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Website promo code

13»

Comments

• Options
    DoctorFlashDoctorFlash Posts: 9

We want to encourage more people to watch our streams and join our Discord server. When we make the codes available for longer, people just spread them throughout the community themselves and that's not hitting those goals. If you want to make sure you don't miss out on codes in the future, make sure you're watching our streams and following us on all of our channels.

I get what you are trying to do but it doesn't make business sense. Most of the people that spend actual money in this game have work and family responsibilities. Most of the time I can't watch the live cause I'm at work. If you make it available for 24 hours then at least you are allowing everyone a chance.

Right now, even if the code becomes active again for 30 mins, I doubt people who work and have families can be glued to Twitter waiting for the announcement. I know I can't. It doesn't matter what the reward is, unless you make it at least 24hours, it will never be fair to your players. And when a game stops being fair, it makes me question if I should continue spending money on it.

This was a code for those that watched the Livestream. If we wanted to give everybody a prize, we'd put it in an in-game message. I get that you might have other commitments, but then this wasn't for you. I know that's blunt, but we're going to keep doing these. Some will be available longer and some won't.

It's not unfair to reward those that are spending their time to tune into our streams and join other areas of the community.
    I disagree but I guess I have my answer. Thanks for the response.
    Its not about you disagreeing or not.
    A lot of times when you go to a game convention, they give out promo codes too. Should you get the same even if you didn't go? Is it unfair? No is not.
    You cannot make that comparison with a virtual game. Overall, this is a great game that I've enjoyed playing for the past decade. I'm currently Valiant and those 3 crystals don't really mean that much to me; however, there are people in my alliance that those 3 crystals mean a lot to. All I'm saying is that giving the reward to everyone would encourage more people to keep playing vs being disheartened for not being able to watch the live stream. There are many other mobile games and other companies that have proven giving more rewards encourage people to spend more on them. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me.
    All games at a gaming convention are virtual rofl...
    Want me to give you a real life example since you are an adult?
    You go to a bar at 7:30 PM and you see a sign saying "Happy hour! Half priced drinks 5-7 PM", are you going to argue with the bartended and tell him you couldn't go earlier because you just got out of work and its not fair you have to pay full price?...
    Oh yeah the "friend" excuse....

Dang it it won't let me edit my typos
    Lol, see now we are talking. That's a good example! Although I still think its not quite the same.

I must say, I never even expected a reply from Kabam which is why I said thank you for the response. Today is my day off and it has been hilarious seeing how people reacted to a simple message. Again, this is a game I enjoy playing and at the end of the day, I know Kabam doesn't care about whether I think something is fair or not. I usually don't spend time in the forums but today it has been fun. Cheers!
  • Options
    xLunatiXx said:

We want to encourage more people to watch our streams and join our Discord server. When we make the codes available for longer, people just spread them throughout the community themselves and that's not hitting those goals. If you want to make sure you don't miss out on codes in the future, make sure you're watching our streams and following us on all of our channels.

I get what you are trying to do but it doesn't make business sense. Most of the people that spend actual money in this game have work and family responsibilities. Most of the time I can't watch the live cause I'm at work. If you make it available for 24 hours then at least you are allowing everyone a chance.

Right now, even if the code becomes active again for 30 mins, I doubt people who work and have families can be glued to Twitter waiting for the announcement. I know I can't. It doesn't matter what the reward is, unless you make it at least 24hours, it will never be fair to your players. And when a game stops being fair, it makes me question if I should continue spending money on it.

This was a code for those that watched the Livestream. If we wanted to give everybody a prize, we'd put it in an in-game message. I get that you might have other commitments, but then this wasn't for you. I know that's blunt, but we're going to keep doing these. Some will be available longer and some won't.

It's not unfair to reward those that are spending their time to tune into our streams and join other areas of the community.
    A lot of times when you go to a game convention, they give out promo codes too. Should you get the same even if you didn't go? Is it unfair? No is not.
    You cannot make that comparison with a virtual game. Overall, this is a great game that I've enjoyed playing for the past decade. I'm currently Valiant and those 3 crystals don't really mean that much to me; however, there are people in my alliance that those 3 crystals mean a lot to. All I'm saying is that giving the reward to everyone would encourage more people to keep playing vs being disheartened for not being able to watch the live stream. There are many other mobile games and other companies that have proven giving more rewards encourage people to spend more on them. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me.
    That's what the weekly legend crystal is for.
    Want more? Show up to a stream once a month !
    This generation is spoiled asf
    Lol, I cannot think of a situation where the phrase Ok, Boomer! would be more appropriate. I posted a simple message and you are this upset. Do you want to rethink your comment about being spoiled? Sorry if I hurt your feelings my friend.
  • Options

xLunatiXx said:

Lol, I cannot think of a situation where the phrase Ok, Boomer! would be more appropriate. I posted a simple message and you are this upset. Do you want to rethink your comment about being spoiled? Sorry if I hurt your feelings my friend.
    I mean... You're upset for missing out on 3 crystals which has no real value for a mobile game which also has no real world value.

There's worse problems in the world, so you're definitely spoiled.
    Just because I don't think something is fair doesn't mean I'm upset. That's why it's been so hilarious for me. You guys are upset simply cause I said I didn't think it was fair. it has been fun seeing the assumptions people have made. I definitely KNOW there are worse problems out there, I see those situations at work every single day.

People need to chill. You can have an objective opinion without being emotional about it. Kabam is valued at millions (if not billions). Netmarble has other games where they give a lot more rewards. Kabam could give 100 crystals to every single player and it would still be nothing but a drop in the bucket for them but I digress.

By all means, carry on. Cheers!
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    edited May 7
    Eh, would I have liked the code, sure. Do I care that much that I'm going to skip work or personal commitments for a stream, absolutely not. I get it's an incentive to viewers, but people spread it in line chats anyway. I tuned in for the 8.4 start up, because I had a week off that time and had free time that day, but normally that luxury isn't afforded to me.

It's only 3 legends crystals that are likely going to give you t6b or t3a frags, come on now. Acting like you're all missing out on a 7* crystal or a rank up gem.
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 261 ★★
    So many comments about it being just 3 legends crystals and how insignificant they are so stop complaining. What I don't understand is how that argument doesn't support both sides of this debate?

The nature of Kabam putting out crystals to entice viewers is completely rational, community members actively trying to smear other community members and actively advocating for people to miss rewards and giveaways is just toxic. I personally enjoy trying to help others maximise their account progression. It makes me sad to see so many people actively wanting others to miss out. No true competitor would ever want to see the opposition at a disadvantage
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★

xLunatiXx said:

I mean... You're upset for missing out on 3 crystals which has no real value for a mobile game which also has no real world value.

Just because I don't think something is fair doesn't mean I'm upset. That's why it's been so hilarious for me. You guys are upset simply cause I said I didn't think it was fair. it has been fun seeing the assumptions people have made. I definitely KNOW there are worse problems out there, I see those situations at work every single day.

People need to chill. You can have an objective opinion without being emotional about it. Kabam is valued at millions (if not billions). Netmarble has other games where they give a lot more rewards. Kabam could give 100 crystals to every single player and it would still be nothing but a drop in the bucket for them but I digress.

Dont bother bro, thats the only thing he does in the foruns, no wonder he s the "disagree" king, but when ppl joke about him her gets mad lmao
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,259 ★★★★★
    Grub88 said:

So many comments about it being just 3 legends crystals and how insignificant they are so stop complaining. What I don't understand is how that argument doesn't support both sides of this debate?

The nature of Kabam putting out crystals to entice viewers is completely rational, community members actively trying to smear other community members and actively advocating for people to miss rewards and giveaways is just toxic. I personally enjoy trying to help others maximise their account progression. It makes me sad to see so many people actively wanting others to miss out. No true competitor would ever want to see the opposition at a disadvantage

Actively wanting to people to miss out? Like other people set your work schedule so you miss a stream?.
    Maybe its the sense of entitlement that other people have that is annoying. That argument of others got it I should get it too and if not its not fair.
    No true competition would want to see opposition at disadvantage, you are right; but also i a true competition, people don't ask to bend rules right?
  • Options
    AnmaelAnmael Posts: 72
    To my mind, there is a simple solution to this, though I am pretty sure KABAM won't agree to this because it inconveniences them...

This is a Global game with Global players. Most of the people arguing against the crystals being available to everyone for longer periods of time are likely from those in North America (incidentally, so am I).

To make these giveaways more fair to that Global community, schedule the Live streams to occur at 9AM THEIR time in the several countries that have the most players, and rotate. The next one streams at 9AM their time in the UK, the one after that airs at 9AM their time in India, etc. Any country that bridges more than one timezone, they would just have to pick one. It is what it is.

This way, none of the players or developers are excluded from having to be up at 2AM to watch/record it live and get/give the codes.

Either that, or just provide codes that last 24-48 hours to accomodate the game's Global community. KABAM's call...
  • Options

Grub88 said:

Actively wanting to people to miss out? Like other people set your work schedule so you miss a stream?.
    Maybe its the sense of entitlement that other people have that is annoying. That argument of others got it I should get it too and if not its not fair.
    No true competition would want to see opposition at disadvantage, you are right; but also i a true competition, people don't ask to bend rules right?
    If you want to hone in on one particular argument that is in relation to what a handful of people have been using then sure I agree with you they set the rules in this case so they should abide by them. On the other hand competitions change rules all the time to make the competition fairer for more people or more entertaining etc. The NRL (National Rugby League) football in Australia has new rules implemented every year. There is nothing stopping Kabam making improvements, why are you so objective to that? What do you stand to gain?
  • Options
    edited May 8
    Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

If you want to hone in on one particular argument that is in relation to what a handful of people have been using then sure I agree with you they set the rules in this case so they should abide by them. On the other hand competitions change rules all the time to make the competition fairer for more people or more entertaining etc. The NRL (National Rugby League) football in Australia has new rules implemented every year. There is nothing stopping Kabam making improvements, why are you so objective to that? What do you stand to gain?

You know you mentioned before that people should be happy on others getting stuff too.
    I have not seen a single post by someone who missed the stream and promo code asking how it was, and what people got from the promo code...
    The feeling goes 2 ways. Why do the people who benefit from something always have to put themselves on the other person's shoes?
    Making improvements? Do you understand that this sense of entitlement on a simple promo code gives complete negative feedback towards future promo codes? Do you think with all this people crying over not getting 3 insignificant crystals will make future promo codes any better?
    Celebrating other people's achievements and improvements goes both ways. I repeat, I dont see anyone congratulating people who sat down and watch the whole live stream and got a gift for it.
    Matter of fact the solution was for people who missed it to watch a recording (people most likely fast foward to the promocode), so tell me where is the fairness on all this.
  • Options

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

The feeling goes 2 ways. Why do the people who benefit from something always have to put themselves on the other person's shoes?

Do you understand that this sense of entitlement on a simple promo code gives complete negative feedback towards future promo codes?
    These 2 sentences don't work you can't take a position of entitlement and then claim others are entitled. This is all exactly my point whether people get the crystals or not why do you have be so strongly opinionated that they dont? Again, what do you stand to gain from that? All the rest is just a straw mans argument

Also I have watched live streams at stupid hours of the morning there is normally like 1000 - 2000 people in until the end when the give away happens and then it spikes to like 4k - 5k viewers. Kabam are happy to wait for these people to join and even create accounts so they can get in on the giveaways, yep your right none of them gave me a pat on the back for getting up early either :(
  • Options
    Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Do you understand that this sense of entitlement on a simple promo code gives complete negative feedback towards future promo codes?
    These 2 sentences don't work you can't take a position of entitlement and then claim others are entitled. This is all exactly my point whether people get the crystals or not why do you have be so strongly opinionated that they dont? Again, what do you stand to gain from that? All the rest is just a straw mans argument

Also I have watched live streams at stupid hours of the morning there is normally like 1000 - 2000 people in until the end when the give away happens and then it spikes to like 4k - 5k viewers. Kabam are happy to wait for these people to join and even create accounts so they can get in on the giveaways, yep your right none of them gave me a pat on the back for getting up early either :(
    I am not sure where I am being entitled when I did everything that was asked for.
    Once again I ask why do I have to put myself in their shoes? Why can't they put themselves in mine and be happy for the people who watched the stream and got a promo code?
  • Options

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

I am not sure where I am being entitled when I did everything that was asked for.
    Once again I ask why do I have to put myself in their shoes? Why can't they put themselves in mine and be happy for the people who watched the stream and got a promo code?
    Who said they didn't put themselves in your shoes and who said they aren't happy for you, how does them wanting to also have what you got mean they believe you don't deserve it. Privilege is invisible to those that have it
  • Options
    Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Who said they didn't put themselves in your shoes and who said they aren't happy for you, how does them wanting to also have what you got mean they believe you don't deserve it. Privilege is invisible to those that have it
    Privilege? Deserve? .. I watched the stream I earned it lol..
    See entitlement doesn't mean that they think i deserve it or not. It means they think they should get it too... Not sure if you can grasp that.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

Cannot believe particular members of community are able to cry this much over 3 random crystals.
    😬

From what I can see the ones doing the most crying are the ones that got the crystals

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

See entitlement doesn't mean that they think i deserve it or not. It means they think they should get it too... Not sure if you can grasp that.
    For a guy that does a great deal or arguing with anyone they can find on the forums to argue with you really love the straw man. Time to up your game bro. You can't avoid the fact that you are actively negative and how much effort you put into that is commendable. Solidifies my point of the toxic community
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,364 ★★★★★

xLunatiXx said:

I don't know if upset is the exact right word but when all your comments on the forums is about 3 little crystals, I'd say it's along the lines of being upset. It made you come back to the forums just to comment about it.

MCOC is a different game than what those other games are. They really aren't comparable. MCOC is the revenue leader for Netmarble. I would venture to say that those other games HAVE to give out more rewards to keep players interested than MCOC. Though this game gives out plenty for free.

It wasn't unfair. It was completely fair. But again, if you claimed the crystals, you wouldn't be here saying it wasn't fair. In order to win a 6 or 7* version of the giveaway champ for the stream, you have to attend. I don't see anyone talking about those giveaways. Why aren't those being talked about? Tell me how it's any different giving away a champ vs a promo code?
  • Options

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

I challenge you to look at how vast our community is vs. how small you are making it. You are believing the lie, that for me to have more, you must have less. Kabam made these silly rules playing make believe. Want to know a secret? Global games are messy. Thus my interest for fairness and inclusion in this game. Our community deserves better and all Kabam had to do is extend the timer to 24 hours.
  • Options
    Grub88 said:

PT_99 said:

Cannot believe particular members of community are able to cry this much over 3 random crystals.
    😬

From what I can see the ones doing the most crying are the ones that got the crystals

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

For a guy that does a great deal or arguing with anyone they can find on the forums to argue with you really love the straw man. Time to up your game bro. You can't avoid the fact that you are actively negative and how much effort you put into that is commendable. Solidifies my point of the toxic community
    Rofl run out of arguments call me toxic. Sorry i am not part of the people that like to sugar coat everything. You know what is toxic? Ruining things for others out of envy or missing out. Crying over a missed promo.code won't make future promo codes any better.. thanks a lot.
  • Options

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

I challenge you to look at how vast our community is vs. how small you are making it. You are believing the lie, that for me to have more, you must have less. Kabam made these silly rules playing make believe. Want to know a secret? Global games are messy. Thus my interest for fairness and inclusion in this game. Our community deserves better and all Kabam had to do is extend the timer to 24 hours.
    Do you wanna know what happened on the 2nd release of the promo code?
    They released the tweet at 7 am GMT, and said the promo code would be available at 8 AM. Presumably to allow people to watch the stream and then claim the reward.
    Do you know what happened? Between 7 am GMT and 8 am GMT you had people on the forums saying "Hey the code doesnt work!!"
    I am pretty sure they didnt watch the stream like others had to, fast foward to it and didn't realize they were an hour early. Is that the idea of fairness? People don't care about fairness, they just want rewards, so don't lie to yourself.
  • Options
    CerebriumCerebrium Posts: 83
    Grub88 said:

So just so we are clear if we don’t want to miss out then we have to be on the MCOC discord, twitter, Facebook, forums and livestreams? Did I miss any?

I wonder if Kabam will be kind enough to do a livestream at 2am their time
    Don’t forget twitch and youtube 😛
  • Options
    CerebriumCerebrium Posts: 83
    I missed out the recent reward of 60K points for the front row reward, because I did not read and check the forums and discussions. I missed out on getting the R5 6* reward. So I cried for the entire 10 minutes 😭🤣

Then I continue playing as normal. This is an amazing game, with so much rewards and enjoyment. So many other goals to achieve.

I hardly win BG, suck at AQ ranking at a cool 24101100. But guess what, I still enjoy the game. The amazing graphics and animations. I look forward to the next challenging events 😎

So just go with the flow … life is good 😊
  • Options

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Do you wanna know what happened on the 2nd release of the promo code?
    They released the tweet at 7 am GMT, and said the promo code would be available at 8 AM. Presumably to allow people to watch the stream and then claim the reward.
    Do you know what happened? Between 7 am GMT and 8 am GMT you had people on the forums saying "Hey the code doesnt work!!"
    I am pretty sure they didnt watch the stream like others had to, fast foward to it and didn't realize they were an hour early. Is that the idea of fairness? People don't care about fairness, they just want rewards, so don't lie to yourself.
    Lol, I guess someone hasn't watched X-men 97
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,364 ★★★★★
    Anmael said:

To my mind, there is a simple solution to this, though I am pretty sure KABAM won't agree to this because it inconveniences them...

This is a Global game with Global players. Most of the people arguing against the crystals being available to everyone for longer periods of time are likely from those in North America (incidentally, so am I).

To make these giveaways more fair to that Global community, schedule the Live streams to occur at 9AM THEIR time in the several countries that have the most players, and rotate. The next one streams at 9AM their time in the UK, the one after that airs at 9AM their time in India, etc. Any country that bridges more than one timezone, they would just have to pick one. It is what it is.

This way, none of the players or developers are excluded from having to be up at 2AM to watch/record it live and get/give the codes.

Either that, or just provide codes that last 24-48 hours to accomodate the game's Global community. KABAM's call...

You don't understand what a giveaway is I assume?
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,206 ★★★★★
    edited May 8
    DrZola said:

I will admit to being somewhat sympathetic at first blush, but the excessively overwrought complaining has simply lost me. It’s just not that big a deal.

Only suggestion I will offer is to not use a phrase like “Everbody Wins” next time—if there is a next time.

Dr. Zola

"EverybodyOnStreamWins" I think is best for future livestreams!

But yeah the complaining is a bit OTT now. It's a promo code - it;s not a game changer.
  • Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 159
    edited May 8
    I agree with whoever posted that this community is not ready for promo codes. Just as they were not ready for 24 hr objectives, matchmaking algorithms, posted drop rates, RNG, forums, and many other things.

Every new function or game mode or QoL tweak or giveaway or whatever tears this community apart. We should return to the first few versions of this game. Or better yet just convert it into a card game or a board game and call it a day.
This discussion has been closed.