**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Blade is the worst 7* in the game

Comments

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,776 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

VtD gets way too much hate. He needs Sig, and he's good for Questing. He's never been a short fight option..

VtD’s problem is that he was designed for content that doesn’t exist anymore. Once Kabam shifted their design focus in questing towards Six Fights and a Boss, VtD became obsolete. Air Walker kinda had a similar problem, because the payoff of having a champ up and running for three fights just wasn’t worth the slog of getting them there.
    If only Airwalker could ramp up in a single fight and also access his sp3 without three charges, he would be so much better
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 673 ★★★★
    blade was god tier 7 years ago where nobody could do what he did and there was literally less than 10 good champs in the game. it's not 2017 anymore...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★

As @Pikolu says, I think people are forgetting Blade's power gain abilities, which are actually really good. If you want to, you can Parry-bleed up to an SP2 (or SP3) and throw it, with your opponent still at zero power.

Also, that Regeneration might not be great for BGs, but it might take him some distance through an Incursions run...

Still, I'm not arguing that Blade wouldn't benefit from a Tune-up: he definitely would. I posted this suggestion in another thread, a few days ago. It's just intended to slightly enhance his value; particularly with having more opponents susceptible to Danger Sense. He's still very bleed-centric, but does gain a mechanic to up his damage a bit against bleed-immune opponents. Plus a bit of generic ability accuracy reduction; both offensive and defensive.

Blade rework

Stats for 6* 5/65
    Class: Skill
    Attack 4504
    Health 49414

The Daywalker
    Whilst near a bleeding opponent, Blade gains +1801 Attack, and he generates 6% of a bar of Power per second for each stack of bleed. Additionally, whilst Blade is nearby, the opponent's passive power gain is reduced by 20% per stack of bleed, and the power denied is transferred to Blade.

Blade's vampiric nature also reduces degeneration damage and the duration of debuffs, rising with increasing power (max benefits at two full bars of power):

• At zero power: -20% degeneration damage and -30% debuff duration
    • Two bars or more: -60% degeneration damage and -90% debuff duration
    Danger Sense:
    Danger Sense triggers at the start of the fight against all opponents carrying the tags #Dimensional Being or #Legion of Monsters.
    Whilst Danger Sense is active, Blade gains +3603 Attack and +422 Critical Rating: and his opponent's ability accuracy is reduced by 45%. Additionally, any Fury or Precision buffs that Blade would gain become Passives instead, and gain +45% duration.

Well-timed blocks:
    Well-timed blocks reduce the opponents Offensive Ability Accuracy by -45%, and inflict a Bleed debuff for 1688 damage over three seconds.
    If a Bleed is prevented due to an Immunity, Blade then shifts to a more defensive posture; and subsequent well-timed blocks instead benefit from +1225 Block Proficiency and an additional flat -20% Offensive Ability Accuracy.

Critical hits
    When striking with his sword, Critical hits have a 70% chance to Inflict Bleed, causing 1688 damage over 3 seconds. If these Bleeds fail due to immunity, Blade instead gains a Cruelty passive granting +182 Critical Damage Rating for five seconds. These Passives stack to a max of nine, and expire one at a time.

Heavy Attacks
    Blade's Heavy attack inflicts a Disorient debuff reducing the opponent's ability accuracy by 35% for five seconds. Whilst the opponent is bleeding, this debuff expires half as quickly.

Signature Ability:
    Enhanced Danger Sense - Blade's Danger Sense expands to include Mystic opponents who are also #Villains, as well as all #Deathless champions.
    Vampiric Immortality - When he is below 70% health and holding Block, Blade's healing factor consumes his own power to recover 2407 health/s, at a cost of 35% to 20% of a bar of power. If Blade is prevented from gaining health, this ability will not trigger.

Special Attacks
    If activated whilst the opponent is bleeding, or whilst Blade has three or more personal Cruelty passives, activate a Fury buff granting +3603 Attack for six seconds, paused during the Special Attack. Max stacks 1.

SP1 - Inflicts Bleed for 4504 damage over 12s.

SP2 - This attack benefits from +8500 Critical Rating, and any critical hits inflict Bleed for 1024 damage over 1s. For each bleed inflicted, Blade instantly generates 6% of a bar of Power.
    This attack Pauses all Cruelty passives for eight seconds.

SP3 - Inflict three stacks of bleed, inflicting 6305 damage over 12s
    80% chance to inflict Stun for 3s
    Brooo, you should work in KABAM. 👏🏻
  • Options

As @Pikolu says, I think people are forgetting Blade's power gain abilities, which are actually really good. If you want to, you can Parry-bleed up to an SP2 (or SP3) and throw it, with your opponent still at zero power.

Also, that Regeneration might not be great for BGs, but it might take him some distance through an Incursions run...

Still, I'm not arguing that Blade wouldn't benefit from a Tune-up: he definitely would. I posted this suggestion in another thread, a few days ago. It's just intended to slightly enhance his value; particularly with having more opponents susceptible to Danger Sense. He's still very bleed-centric, but does gain a mechanic to up his damage a bit against bleed-immune opponents. Plus a bit of generic ability accuracy reduction; both offensive and defensive.

Blade rework

Stats for 6* 5/65
    Attack 4504
    Health 49414

The Daywalker
    Whilst near a bleeding opponent, Blade gains +1801 Attack, and he generates 6% of a bar of Power per second for each stack of bleed. Additionally, whilst Blade is nearby, the opponent's passive power gain is reduced by 20% per stack of bleed, and the power denied is transferred to Blade.

Blade's vampiric nature also reduces degeneration damage and the duration of debuffs, rising with increasing power (max benefits at two full bars of power):

Danger Sense:
    Danger Sense triggers at the start of the fight against all opponents carrying the tags #Dimensional Being or #Legion of Monsters.
    Whilst Danger Sense is active, Blade gains +3603 Attack and +422 Critical Rating: and his opponent's ability accuracy is reduced by 45%. Additionally, any Fury or Precision buffs that Blade would gain become Passives instead, and gain +45% duration.

Well-timed blocks:
    Well-timed blocks reduce the opponents Offensive Ability Accuracy by -45%, and inflict a Bleed debuff for 1688 damage over three seconds.
    If a Bleed is prevented due to an Immunity, Blade then shifts to a more defensive posture; and subsequent well-timed blocks instead benefit from +1225 Block Proficiency and an additional flat -20% Offensive Ability Accuracy.

Critical hits
    When striking with his sword, Critical hits have a 70% chance to Inflict Bleed, causing 1688 damage over 3 seconds. If these Bleeds fail due to immunity, Blade instead gains a Cruelty passive granting +182 Critical Damage Rating for five seconds. These Passives stack to a max of nine, and expire one at a time.

Heavy Attacks
    Blade's Heavy attack inflicts a Disorient debuff reducing the opponent's ability accuracy by 35% for five seconds. Whilst the opponent is bleeding, this debuff expires half as quickly.

Signature Ability:
    Enhanced Danger Sense - Blade's Danger Sense expands to include Mystic opponents who are also #Villains, as well as all #Deathless champions.
    Vampiric Immortality - When he is below 70% health and holding Block, Blade's healing factor consumes his own power to recover 2407 health/s, at a cost of 35% to 20% of a bar of power. If Blade is prevented from gaining health, this ability will not trigger.

Special Attacks
    If activated whilst the opponent is bleeding, or whilst Blade has three or more personal Cruelty passives, activate a Fury buff granting +3603 Attack for six seconds, paused during the Special Attack. Max stacks 1.

SP2 - This attack benefits from +8500 Critical Rating, and any critical hits inflict Bleed for 1024 damage over 1s. For each bleed inflicted, Blade instantly generates 6% of a bar of Power.

This is perfection. Maybe gain a Vicious passive on the sp3 like Mr Sinister?
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★
    edited May 6
    I agree with you OP. But I think Kabam can just start with expanding his Danger Sense and its potency.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 673 ★★★★

Blade rework

Stats for 6* 5/65
    Attack 4504
    Health 49414

The Daywalker

Danger Sense:

Well-timed blocks:

Critical hits

Heavy Attacks

Signature Ability:

Special Attacks

this is pretty cool but looks a bit overtuned...
  • Options
    Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Posts: 236 ★★
    Sounds like someone mad he didn't pull the newest 7* out their crystal🙄
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,075 ★★★★★
    Oh, I actually remember collecting disagrees on the forum for saying that Hype is better then Blade back in the trinity time. He's indeed not in his best place ATM. That being said, I would take him over Ronin, so I can't call him the worst 7*, I guess
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★
    edited May 7
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,055 ★★★★
    KingBUk said:

This has got to be one of the worst posts on the forums.
    There are multiple reasons to rank and use blade.
    1. Bleed on parry is one of the most useful abilities in the game for bleedable champs. He gains insane power rate next to a bleeding champ which helps with 49 in war and in matches where dot is a necessity.
    2. He’s a fantastic defender in war right now that requires a tactic attacker to split lanes easily.
    3. He was the best Mysterio counter last meta on 49.
    4. He’s one of the most satisfying champs to play/ smoothest.
    5. His damage is not horrible as you’re explaining. You don’t need his synergies to make him a great champ and regen on holding block makes him a great champ for any content.

Plenty of reasons to rank and use blade? Yet 2-3 of those reasons have to do with the tactic. That is very situational and will be irrelevant in a matter of months unless kabam decide to keep including him in newer tactics.

I know @Pikolu has a r3 blade. It's a personal rank up, so I won't downplay it. At that rank he's punching down and can afford skipping out on the synergies for dmg, and he'll be a dual use for bgs because of the tactic. He also gets the saga boost further inflating his dmg. So it's not a terrible rank up. However, Blade is not going to be an option people run at r1, and not many would choose to r2 or r3 him rn. He really needs all that he can get.

And here's the thing, the title of the thread is a bit of sensationalizing from my part. Blade is undoubtedly a better champ than vtd, that is IF you are willing to run the trinity. If you aren't willing to run his synergies with him (like me and many others), he's worse than vtd, like I said at the start of the thread (talking about blade on his own).

I knew it would be a controversial thread, but this is more reception than I expected.
  • Options
    KingBUk said:

1. Bleed on parry is one of the most useful abilities in the game for bleedable champs. He gains insane power rate next to a bleeding champ which helps with 49 in war and in matches where dot is a necessity.
    2. He’s a fantastic defender in war right now that requires a tactic attacker to split lanes easily.
    5. His damage is not horrible as you’re explaining. You don’t need his synergies to make him a great champ and regen on holding block makes him a great champ for any content.

For now he will be a good defender, but once Kabam changes the tactic
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,387 ★★★★★

KingBUk said:

Plenty of reasons to rank and use blade? Yet 2-3 of those reasons have to do with the tactic. That is very situational and will be irrelevant in a matter of months unless kabam decide to keep including him in newer tactics.

I know Pikolu has a r3 blade. It's a personal rank up, so I won't downplay it. At that rank he's punching down and can afford skipping out on the synergies for dmg, and he'll be a dual use for bgs because of the tactic. He also gets the saga boost further inflating his dmg. So it's not a terrible rank up. However, Blade is not going to be an option people run at r1, and not many would choose to r2 or r3 him rn. He really needs all that he can get.

And here's the thing, the title of the thread is a bit of sensationalizing from my part. Blade is undoubtedly a better champ than vtd, that is IF you are willing to run the trinity. If you aren't willing to run his synergies with him (like me and many others), he's worse than vtd, like I said at the start of the thread (talking about blade on his own).

I knew it would be a controversial thread, but this is more reception than I expected.
    Are you paid to say "punching down"?
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,143 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Idk, I've really been enjoying him. Always run 5/5 Deep Wounds anyways, so he is good in BGs and can be a sneaky defender.

Anyone’s good at r3, this isn’t an argument. It’s insane to me that they added him in the titan pool without a tune up. Why do you think people only rank up Mantis, Killmonger, Bullseye and Korg at r3 in the skill class? It’s because champs like Blade get added lol, I would hate to pull him so much after saving shards for months.
    The r3 isn't why I enjoy him. I took him to r3 because I enjoy him.
    Nostalgia
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,360 ★★★★
    Pulled Blade from my last Titan and immediately R2 him (instead of Shang Chi who was the plan before).

He won me some nasty fights in BG Offense and Defense (can clean Debuffs faster than enemy expects or do other magic people just forgot about).

Plus … the current 7* Skill pool is pretty poor in my opinion (probably worst class in 7* right now).

You can extend his Danger Sense to way more Champs by bringing the right synergies, so he can have his use in a wide range of content.

Sure, he‘s not as good as some other new Skill Champs, but that’s the case for a lot of old Champions. He‘s kinda the Nick Fury of the past. And one day you‘ll make a thread like this about Fury when something more powerful got released.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,810 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

Pulled Blade from my last Titan and immediately R2 him (instead of Shang Chi who was the plan before).

He won me some nasty fights in BG Offense and Defense (can clean Debuffs faster than enemy expects or do other magic people just forgot about).

Plus … the current 7* Skill pool is pretty poor in my opinion (probably worst class in 7* right now).

You can extend his Danger Sense to way more Champs by bringing the right synergies, so he can have his use in a wide range of content.

Sure, he‘s not as good as some other new Skill Champs, but that’s the case for a lot of old Champions. He‘s kinda the Nick Fury of the past. And one day you‘ll make a thread like this about Fury when something more powerful got released.

Ngl no one will ever make a thread like this about Fury. He still has some of the highest dps in the game with his fury, and his second life is still very useful for offense and defense.
  • Options
    KLZKLZ Posts: 153 ★★
    edited May 7
    I would like a 7* Blade from the titan, he's one of my favorites.
    I'm sure Kabam will rebalance him very soon, all because of OP's complaints, lol
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,277 ★★★★
    7* Sparky dropped, pair him with Blade and be happy
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,483 ★★★★
    edited May 7

Blades nowhere near the worst 7*, but he is a bad 7*, he has barely any utility, his regen isn't ever going to be meaningful, his bleeds are his only utility, and like you said, his synergies are on fodder you can't afford to waste spaces on. Pretty laughable for a champion that was gamebreaking 5-6 years ago, an easy fix to at least improve him would be a synergy with a viable champion that turns his bleeds into ruptures against bleed immune champs, but still have them act as bleeds/extended via deep wounds. Wouldn't break the game but would at least make him decently viable.

Nowhere near the worst? My guy who's the worst then? Infact I'd actually like to see your top 10 worst 7* list
    VTD is objectively worse, and subjectively I'd much rather use Blade over Howard, Sauron, Hawkeye and War Machine. I get War Machine and Hawkeye have used but both are mediocre and Blade against an optimal opponent is way better than those two against an optimal opponent. Hawkeye is basically just as bad Vs a bleed immune. As for Sauron "oh but he is a defender" I haven't struggled against a sauron for over a year. specials are easily evaded and his unblockable is easy to play around. There is also a bunch more "defender only" champs that are skill issues at this point, like Korg, don't remember the last time I didn't blitz the guy in 30 seconds with 95%+ health remaining, and a bunch more champs that are "good" but not great. Calling blade the worst 7* is categorically wrong.