It's been 24 hours already

2»

Comments

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,928 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

You guys are going to ruin promo codes with all this complaining. At this point its better for them to just not give codes anymore to stop all this whining.

It's not the issue that you have to check the live stream or even subscribe to X... it's the 30 minutes window. Unless you are actually free at that time, you're going to miss out.

It makes people tied to devices. This doesn't make people engaged, which I'm assuming is their intent.
    It makes people resentful.

So pretty straightforward solution is not to have such a strict timing of 30 minutes. I get that they're experimenting, so you would hope they take this as constructive feedback amongst the "whining".

Community building is about people sharing. They can organically grow engagement by allowing a greater window and allow a greater level of sharing amongst the community. Good will goes a long way.
    If I’m watching the Twitch stream, I am free at that time to go to the web store and enter a code. That is the purpose.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,505 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

You guys are going to ruin promo codes with all this complaining. At this point its better for them to just not give codes anymore to stop all this whining.

It's not the issue that you have to check the live stream or even subscribe to X... it's the 30 minutes window. Unless you are actually free at that time, you're going to miss out.

It makes people tied to devices. This doesn't make people engaged, which I'm assuming is their intent.

So pretty straightforward solution is not to have such a strict timing of 30 minutes. I get that they're experimenting, so you would hope they take this as constructive feedback amongst the "whining".

Community building is about people sharing. They can organically grow engagement by allowing a greater window and allow a greater level of sharing amongst the community. Good will goes a long way.
    They want people to be engaged in the Live Stream. That's the express purpose of this. With that, no matter what they do, some people will be excluded from that. It's inevitable.
    It's a participation incentive. If you participate, you benefit. Given the fact that some people have different schedules, they allowed a contingency window.
    That contingency window isn't intended for everyone to get it. It's for those who watch the Stream, and have time to log on during that period.
  • 713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Member Posts: 271 ★★
    Oh yeah I forgot about this post. I got the crystals already
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,422 Guardian
    Corkscrew said:

If that's what you think, then I wonder what you're going to think when they eventually get twitch drops implemented, because as I believe they've mentioned elsewhere, the promo codes being time limited to run concurrent with the twitch streams is a de facto way to emulate twitch drops because those simply haven't been implemented yet.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,135 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

It's not the issue that you have to check the live stream or even subscribe to X... it's the 30 minutes window.

So pretty straightforward solution is not to have such a strict timing of 30 minutes.

How is it "community building" when no one joins stream and only uses promocodes that we shared to them by their discord server or alliance members?

Like it's baffling that you how you people REFUSE to understand this simple fact:- JOIN stream, get time limited code, use it.

Kabam did said they are thinking to stream on different days and just now on Twitter gave away.code also on different timezone.

But all you want is goodies without contributing to COMMUNITY BUILDING.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★

Corkscrew said:

Or they can continue to do what's been something that has been proven. It's essentially a twitch drop. You have to be on the stream to collect the twitch drop. It's no different than that. They trying to get people to join them on the Livestream. What's the point of offering a stream exclusive prize if they're just going to make it for everyone? Why even attend livestreams?

Honestly at this point just ditch the promo codes. It's obvious this community isn't mature enough to handle them.
    Which is why in the end - I said it is "easier" to tune into their stream. Because at least it's a set time. Being vigilant on X is a worse experience than trying to catch a stream, because people were basically waiting out for a random window.

I think the reason why the community in general is so bent out of shape over is this is because:
    1) The game demands so much of your time already. So, it's not only the game you need to pay attention to now... it's all the other channels also.
    2) It's supposed to be a global game with a global community. This is unlike say "special daily" objectives, which give you a 24-hour window to complete at your leisure. This demands your time in a 30-minute window at a specific time.

Do I care about 3 legends crystals, no - not really. I'm just dropping my feedback - they can take it or leave it. If they choose to go with what they have currently - I can take it leave it with my stream attendance.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Corkscrew said:

If that's what you think, then I wonder what you're going to think when they eventually get twitch drops implemented, because as I believe they've mentioned elsewhere, the promo codes being time limited to run concurrent with the twitch streams is a de facto way to emulate twitch drops because those simply haven't been implemented yet.
    I'm pretty much at peace with what they're doing. It was feedback. As I said in a response to someone else. In the end, seem easier to tune into a scheduled live stream than waiting for the follow-up on X. Because that is an unknown drop date/time.

There was a comment about the community not being mature enough for promo codes. From the fiery responses, seems like the forum community isn't mature enough for civil discourse.

Much of MCOC's popularity isn't from a community that Kabam actively cultivated. Just look at YT streamers. Kabam didn't engage any YT streamers until those communities were built. Content creator piggy backs onto the communities that others built.

The best complementary MCOC resources were community built (think auntm.ai, frontline, cat murdock etc).

That's the kind of community building I'm talking about.