**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Herc Brokenness

smdam38smdam38 Posts: 938 ★★★
edited May 8 in General Discussion
Apparently Herc is broken. Let’s see the fights he does better than other champs.
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    Ronan can infinite stun.
    Hulk buster can drain energy and pin opponent in the corner.
  • Options

If you can't recognize that Hercules is broken, you haven't done much content.

Yeah, I just started. Y’all jumping on Herc, where is he in end game content?
    Nobody craps on the Ronan cheese, but everyone uses it.
  • Options
    Ronan cheeses 1 fight out of practically every 1000 that exist. Herc cheeses 999 out of 1000 fights that exist. There is real good reason why he is probably the #1 most used champion for incursions.

Need some receipts for that statement. So is Angela. Let’s ask how much the Ronan cheese is used. It’s not 1 in a thousand.
  • Options
    I want someone to show me this.
    Not in incursions where you get crazy buffs.
    Just in normal questing.

Show me there how he is better than someone like a Silk, Kate Bishop or Hulkbuster.
  • Options
    Very childish response but ok.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    smdam38 said:

Just in normal questing.

Show me there how he is better than someone like a Silk, Kate Bishop or Hulkbuster.

I just finished doing a new account challenge where I was speedrunning to paragon. This recent event let me pick up herc for 75k poolies after I got thronebreaker. From 7.1-8.3 (8.3 was when I got paragon and the run ended) I’d wager I used him for at least 35 of the 42 paths I took, only times I didn’t use him was when I could doom cycle the whole lane. I also soloed both scytalis & cerastes with him.

Even when the nodes don’t benefit him in anyway, as long as they don’t directly counter him he’ll still power through. Hulk buster and silk can’t do that. Kate can probably do similar things, but she doesn’t have the ability to cheese fights at 1% like herc does. She’s much better in necropolis, but herc is still good there, he counters a few fights. I brought him for my run and he served his purpose perfectly.

In bgs he’s still a nuke, I consistently take fam & red skull in sub 45s, Nick in around 50-55, and he’s won me a lot of matches on defense since I know he’ll buy me at least 45s, which is sometimes all I need to win.
  • Options
    ChrisPowellChrisPowell Posts: 129
    Herc on Rising sun paths. You go into immortal mode and ignore the degen and just enjoy the extra attack from the furies. Super cheesey interaction. I remember being stuck on that lane in act 6 forever until I got my first 5* herc and just cheesed every fight with him.

But he also does everything else too. He comfortably handled most of act 7. Mindlessly destroys aq. Very clutch in aw. Works well in bg against some of the toughest tech defenders.

I will say, I've gotten completely board of using Hercules. He was benched for most of act 8. He's still rank 4. But that's not because he can't cheese, it's cause he put the game on easy mode.
  • Options
    Joey_Joe_joe_27Joey_Joe_joe_27 Posts: 119 ★★
    smdam38 said:

Very childish response but ok.

You made the most broad and pointless post on the forums and then you get mad when someone doesn’t want to show you something everyone knows.
    Herc is the best, please stop with this stupidity. Neither Kate or hulkbuster can deal his damage with survivability and utility.
  • Options
    Joey_Joe_joe_27Joey_Joe_joe_27 Posts: 119 ★★
    smdam38 said:

Ronan cheeses 1 fight out of practically every 1000 that exist. Herc cheeses 999 out of 1000 fights that exist. There is real good reason why he is probably the #1 most used champion for incursions.

Need some receipts for that statement. So is Angela. Let’s ask how much the Ronan cheese is used. It’s not 1 in a thousand.

Im sorry but comparing Angela and Ronan to him is hilarious. They both don’t even deserve to be in the same galaxy as him.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,198 ★★★★★
    smdam38 said:

Just in normal questing.

Look up the guides to completing the Eternity of Pain final quest from last year. You’ll notice that Herc is the answer to almost every fight. He is very possibly the strongest champion in the game.

And I say this as the owner of a 7* R3 Angela and as somebody who refuses to take Herc up to R5/ascended on principle: Herc is better than Angela (who you mentioned in a comment other than the one I’m quoting here). Flat out.

He is also better than all of the champions you mention here. That is not to say that the champions you named are not very good in their own rights, they are. But those champions are good because they can counter specific tricky nodes or matchups. Hercules doesn’t even need to read the nodes 99% of the time.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,536 ★★★★★

What was the point of this post

Just OP farming disagrees as per usual
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,476 ★★★★★
  • Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 168 ★★
    smdam38 said:

If you can't recognize that Hercules is broken, you haven't done much content.

Yeah, I just started. Y’all jumping on Herc, where is he in end game content?
    Nobody craps on the Ronan cheese, but everyone uses it.
    Previous end game content like Summer of Pain or chapter 7 and early chapter 8, he was exceptionally useful, however as others have said, since the game developers did not intend for Hercules to be so overpowered (especially with revive spamming), they have been introducing nodes and buffs and limited swaps for various key objectives in more recent end game content to limit players' dependence on this champ.
This discussion has been closed.