Should I rank 4 my unduped 5 star Ultron?

I have 8 t2 alphas, I just opened dormammu and crossbones from crystals a couple days ago. They are all unduped. I was planning on rank 4ing ultron unless I got some good tier champ. But I don't want to regret using the t2 alphas in the future. I know ultron will be a badass at r4 but I want to be sure about it.
What are your thoughts? This is a pic of all my 5 stars now. 3aqxf1se5y5p.png

Comments

• shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    First of all, like your 5* champs!!! :) These 9 are from Good to Demi-God tier

Of course only you know exactly what you need, and only you can make the right choice for yourself. However, assuming I'm in your shoes, and I have the same champs and same resources like you, and assuming I'm NOT having anymore stashed/hoarded 5* crystals that can open another few new 5* champs, but have to live with these 9 for awhile, I'll be very happy to use the T2a to R4 both the 5* ultron and the 5* CB

Personally, these 2 are the first few 4* that I R4, and now R5-ing. Considering 5* is even harder to get by, and I always have need for immunity and defensive ability reduction, I won't hesitate much.

Actually I like Dormammu quite alot too (I don't like him before, but after practising more, I find him quite useful, although I'm there there are few better power control champ that him for sure), but I'll use my T4b on Ultron and CB first, while wait and see if I can get another better power control champ in new 5* opening or not

I'm sure many other end-game experts may have different view, for example, maybe at end-game Ultron is no longer as useful as SL or Starky, and none of the expert will want to invest in him. Best to see what other end-game experts may advise as well

Good luck and all the best! :)
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,379 ★★★★
    Ultron isn’t a bad option but imo dormammu is the best you have. He’s arguably the best power controller on the game, even better than magik or vision. His power lock on sp2 is guaranteed, it drains a lot of power when imbued, his 2nd medium drains power so you don’t have to rely on specials to do it. And to top it all off he has 2 immunities, can heal, soul bond detonations have good damage and he can nullify every buff the opponent has with an imbued sp1 (great with mystic dispersion).

Ultron has the same immunities and better healing but lacks that power control that dormammu has. Good Stun though, guaranteed crit every 5 hits, cauterise and bleed for more damage etc. Personally I think both would be worth a r4 but I would put dormammu above ultron myself. Entirely up to you, don’t think you can go wrong with either of those tbh.