Options

Force Quit in War [under investigation]

228228 Posts: 58
edited May 14 in General Discussion
So I've heard reports through Line of people force quitting during a war fight and not getting penalized.

Didn’t quite believe it, you know how these things are. Didn’t plan on saying anything either but then I saw this during our last war:

Against a Bullseye mini. They already died once. Went in again, timer went from 3:45 then back to 5 during the second attempt. Ok, I know timers in AW can be screwy. So we clicked on the opponents champs and saw 2 people in the fight at the same time. Screenshot is below. Then the same cycle again. Timer goes down, then resets, 2 people in the fight.

Mind you, we lost this war by 2 ABs.

Can someone explain this? Seems awful big coincidence…..

Got a video to prove it as well

Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,973 ★★★★★
    Force quit don't work on pvp modes
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,895 Guardian

It does right now and you can even do it in incursions
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,335 ★★★★★
    IlociaM97 said:

Gamer said:

There is a bug right now. It even in inc. wher u have 100 procent hp back if you do it
    You can get banned for exploit bugs in game
    There is a difference between saying where it works to I never said people should use it even then it a bug. Shouldn’t get punished that’s big unless it was something game breaking like one event quset a very long time ago.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,069 Guardian
    The 2 people “in fight” at same time at that node, probably part of long issues related to sync between those doing attack, and you observing the map.

If you’re watching someone in-fight, and they disconnect, your system probably takes a while before would re-sync to know 1st fight ended (especially since disconnect). Meanwhile, next person spent in to fight, which you saw too.
    So 2 ppl “in-fight”. (*not sure if this dual-in-fight case always would do that, or if that is new because of the “saved AB” issue mentioned).

Sort of like how you can see someone “leaped over” a defender, when defender looks like it is still on map. Which has indeed been a long-standing issue, seen lots of times over the years.
    That part may be more of an issue with you having switched away from game, while attacker defeats that node, but because you were switched away your system didn’t realize that fight ended and node was killed. It shows the attacker advancing on the map, but not that the defender had been killed.

Similar, but different, issues.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,934 ★★★★★
    What if his game wasn’t loading the fight. I have a video of that happening to me last war. It wouldn’t load the fight for over 9 minutes, so I had to restart the game. I thought I would lose attack bonus but I didn’t. Was that a bug.
  • Options
    Emperor1987Emperor1987 Posts: 26
  • Options
    DanxorDanxor Posts: 102 ★★
    I am in TDS - 1, Our alliance got 0 AB for that fight as we were burning it down. So I have no idea what you are trying to claim here that we somehow cheated on a fight we got no AB for.
  • Options
    RohtagaRohtaga Posts: 50
    As an officer in that alliance, I'd like to point a few things out:

1. The fight in question is one we got zero AB on.
    2. The fact that crashing might not cause AB loss is good to know. Had no idea, so thanks!
    3. We got zero AB on that fight because we mathematically won the war once I soloed your BG3 KM on Stunning Reflection (easy fight, appreciate ya).
    4. I had sync issues when monitoring fights by your players too. Fairly common issue.
  • Options
    And for the record, point #2 is clearly sarcasm. We do not condone cheating of any kind, and are currently laughing on our planning call at the very notion lol
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,334 ★★★★★
    228 said:

So I've heard reports through Line of people force quitting during a war fight and not getting penalized.

Didn’t quite believe it, you know how these things are. Didn’t plan on saying anything either but then I saw this during our last war:

Against a Bullseye mini. They already died once. Went in again, timer went from 3:45 then back to 5 during the second attempt. Ok, I know timers in AW can be screwy. So we clicked on the opponents champs and saw 2 people in the fight at the same time. Screenshot is below. Then the same cycle again. Timer goes down, then resets, 2 people in the fight.

This doesn't prove anything. The dual timers probably has to do with the sync issues. Show the path with the defeated defender. If they didn't lose any ABs then it should show a green 3.
  • Options

228 said:

This doesn't prove anything. The dual timers probably has to do with the sync issues. Show the path with the defeated defender. If they didn't lose any ABs then it should show a green 3.
    We got zero AB on the fight he's talking about lol
  • Options
    MimboMimbo Posts: 13
    The funny thing is some of our officers would post that 😂
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,069 Guardian
    Rohtaga said:

Wait, so instead of saying you are NOT LOSING Attack Bonus when someone crashes /force quits, you are saying that you are not getting any Attack Bonus (ZERO BONUS) when you are fighting multiple times ?
    (how many fights was it ?)
  • Options
    DanxorDanxor Posts: 102 ★★
    I think we died 5 or so times to the fight, I am not sure. At the end of the war we had 5 AB left that we could earn and were up by 6 AB, so we gave the orders to clear the map and don't waste items.
  • Options

Rohtaga said:

Wait, so instead of saying you are NOT LOSING Attack Bonus when someone crashes /force quits, you are saying that you are not getting any Attack Bonus (ZERO BONUS) when you are fighting multiple times ?
    (how many fights was it ?)
    Nah, I'm saying that the fight the first post is talking about is one that we just threw revives at because the war was won. We don't track over deaths (deaths above 3), but I'd guess we died to the fight 5-6 times. But going into that fight (and the BG3 boss), this was the status of war. Opponent deaths 30, all counted. Our deaths 24 (23 that counted towards AB). Disappointing performance for us, but whatever. We were losing the tie breaker. Therefore, our "lead" was only 6, because a tie would be a loss. One AB was already dropped against bg2 Bullseye, so with two fights remaining, we could only lose 5 more AB max. This guaranteed a win, so long as we cleared. So as we like to do in those situations, we said test things (like negasonic for bullseye boss), don't use items, and save boosts.

Sorry for the info dump. Just want to make sure everything is as clear as possible. We're not claiming there isn't a bug related to force quits and AB. What we're saying is that we have no idea if there is, have no interest in using any such bug, and had no incentive in the first place.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,925 Guardian
    I don’t know if this is relevant to this particular situation, but I do know in the past that game crashes would sometimes create sync issues. For example. I or someone else would crash out of a fight and then jump back in, and it looked like I didn’t die according to stats. But if I refreshed my client again (force closed and restarted) then the deaths showed up. So it is possible to see a crash not cost an attack bonus when the game servers did in fact dock for that, but the game client doesn’t know that and reports incorrectly, until the next time it completely syncs game mode state.

Again: I don’t have enough information here to say that’s what’s going on. I’m just saying that when the game crashes, the stats it shows when it comes back up and the stats everyone else sees when they are monitoring what that player is doing should be presumed to be untrustworthy until the next time each individual game client is forced to sync with the servers.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★
    It's Doesn't effect a particular team or war, it's an exploit which has spread like wildfire at this point.
  • Options
    ErdockatErdockat Posts: 4
    As of War #6, and maybe War #5, there has been a bug surrounding force quitting the game to essentially reset the status of a fight. This was always partially a bug used for Nick Fury in order to skip his second life but has now become applicable in war.

Meaning you can:
    - Legitimately disconnect from a fight and the attack bonus will NOT be lost, which can be the difference between a win and a loss in higher tiers
    - Play a fight very poorly and just force quit the game in order to be set back to 100% health as if you never went into the fight in the first place, an event which should count as a death but due to this bug does not.

This means that in T1 wars for example where the death count is very low there is absolutely no reason as to why an alliance could not use this bug and go 150-0 against an alliance that is not using the bug. The season should be frozen or the war should not be counted, Maybe even go a step further and ban any accounts which are utilising the bug to their own advantage... This is effecting the current war standing and alliances that should be placed higher may be falling short of rewards they otherwise do deserve - Do the right thing and either cancel or fix the season.
  • Options
    Kabam JaxKabam Jax Posts: 1,678

Happy Monday Summoners,

The game team is aware of this bug and are actively investigating. When we have more information to share we will use this thread.

Thank you.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,407 ★★★★★
    Erdockat said:

As of War #6, and maybe War #5, there has been a bug surrounding force quitting the game to essentially reset the status of a fight. This was always partially a bug used for Nick Fury in order to skip his second life but has now become applicable in war.

Meaning you can:
    - Legitimately disconnect from a fight and the attack bonus will NOT be lost, which can be the difference between a win and a loss in higher tiers
    - Play a fight very poorly and just force quit the game in order to be set back to 100% health as if you never went into the fight in the first place, an event which should count as a death but due to this bug does not.

This means that in T1 wars for example where the death count is very low there is absolutely no reason as to why an alliance could not use this bug and go 150-0 against an alliance that is not using the bug. The season should be frozen or the war should not be counted, Maybe even go a step further and ban any accounts which are utilising the bug to their own advantage... This is effecting the current war standing and alliances that should be placed higher may be falling short of rewards they otherwise do deserve - Do the right thing and either cancel or fix the season.

Ban is a little extreme when not counting the war is an option
  • Options
    MimboMimbo Posts: 13
    edited May 13

Rohtaga said:

As an officer in that alliance, I'd like to point a few things out:

1. The fight in question is one we got zero AB on.
    2. The fact that crashing might not cause AB loss is good to know. Had no idea, so thanks!
    3. We got zero AB on that fight because we mathematically won the war once I soloed your BG3 KM on Stunning Reflection (easy fight, appreciate ya).
    4. I had sync issues when monitoring fights by your players too. Fairly common issue.

That's exactly what someone using an exploit would say.
    If that were the case, we wouldn’t have dropped ab to the node. Instead we got 0 ab. So, while your comment has merit in some cases, it’s honestly a baseless accusation here.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 664 ★★★★
    hope it gets fixed asap. i haven't done this and won't be, but this is really bad if abused. banning is a little extreme, but this trivializes the entire mode...

they should not count the wars where the bug started, although that won't make everyone happy since not everyone cheated.

cancel the season?
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,856 Guardian
    This is definitely eing looked at, hopefully they find a way to penalize the abusers.
This discussion has been closed.