**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

"You're Bad at Battlegrounds." Thoughts?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,385 ★★★★

I really wish Kabam would use a tier system like Incursion based on progresion with rewards to match those progressions, but also have an open division with the top rewards that anyone can join. This would allow uncollected to play only with uncollected summoners so this would resolve all this unfair BG matches due to account size. Don't get me wrong, there are different degrees of Uncollected accounts but it won't be as bad as Uncollected vs Valiant. So for those summoners who say they just want a fair match can have a fair match with progression based rewards. Now for those that are more daring and skilled that wants to test their might, the open division will be where they want to hang out. The open division has the best rewards (current reward or better) but matchmaking will be like current GC matchmaking.

You can only enter one division per season, even if you went up progression during the season just like the daily calender. Once it starts it can't be changed.

I can guarantee you that if they did that, the forums would be flooded with "Valiants getting top rewards and Paragons and below getting short end of the stick once again" posts that same day. You can't please everyone unfortunately, and it's easier to just have unfair matchmaking after Plat than reworking the VT reward system completely to match each player's progression title.
    If that happens I can say, we gave you what you wanted so if you want the better rewards, come to the open division. This way there is a solution for them, they might not like it but there is an option.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 1,014 ★★★

I really wish Kabam would use a tier system like Incursion based on progresion with rewards to match those progressions, but also have an open division with the top rewards that anyone can join. This would allow uncollected to play only with uncollected summoners so this would resolve all this unfair BG matches due to account size. Don't get me wrong, there are different degrees of Uncollected accounts but it won't be as bad as Uncollected vs Valiant. So for those summoners who say they just want a fair match can have a fair match with progression based rewards. Now for those that are more daring and skilled that wants to test their might, the open division will be where they want to hang out. The open division has the best rewards (current reward or better) but matchmaking will be like current GC matchmaking.

You can only enter one division per season, even if you went up progression during the season just like the daily calender. Once it starts it can't be changed.

I can guarantee you that if they did that, the forums would be flooded with "Valiants getting top rewards and Paragons and below getting short end of the stick once again" posts that same day. You can't please everyone unfortunately, and it's easier to just have unfair matchmaking after Plat than reworking the VT reward system completely to match each player's progression title.
    If that happens I can say, we gave you what you wanted so if you want the better rewards, come to the open division. This way there is a solution for them, they might not like it but there is an option.
    Not an If when we can see it happening with other game modes and events in the game
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,901 ★★★★★

What you're asking for is a casual game mode for BGs and a ranked one, I'm almost 100% sure something like this wouldn't work due to the size of the playerbase. If we had casual and ranked in BGs you'd essentially split the playerbase (which isn't that big cause a lot of people don't play BGs) in half and both sides would have to sit there waiting for 5-10 minutes just to find one match in the lower leagues.
    On the long run, this would kill BGs, if people had to wait 5-10 minutes for one match most people would probably just give up altogether and participation would drop.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,974 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

My alt account is 1m7 rating but I consider myself decent skills so I still usually end up Vibranium. The annoying thing is I can beat those over 3m account but stand no chance when facing those Valiant 5m account and this matchup is already happen from Pla2.

My point is that anyone that starts in P2 must have been able to promote from P2 in the previous season. So arguing that a player that starts in P2 has some weird disadvantage due to the way match making works that makes playing BG impossible is illogical.
    I just want your solution how to solve my case? Even Beroman or any top tier BG can’t promote from Pla2 with a 1m7 account! So do I just need to wait until the end of season to PLAY BG? I understand that there is no absolutely fair match, but at least reasonable for VC. I got so many match with over 5m Valiant account mean while I’m new paragon! Wtf is that!!!
    The question you're asking boils down to: how can weaker players consistently beat stronger ones. And the answer is: they can't, nor should they.

Fairness is not about giving everyone an equal chance to enter GC or an equal chance to place #1. That's called a lottery. We can just choose every BG place by random draw, and that would be completely fair, if we decide the definition of "fair" is "everyone has an equal chance to succeed."

But in a competition, that is not the definition of fair. The definition of fair is everyone has an equal and unbiased opportunity to advance to the degree their competitive strength will allow.

Besides, these days a one million account means you started yesterday. I don't expect any such player to get to GC. I don't expect them to be able to find the front door to their house to leave in the morning. But I described how I was able to get a very mid Cav account into GC that had, at the time, less than two million rating. It isn't easy, but if I can do it, I'm pretty sure the players with far more skill than I have can do it also. It isn't impossible, and it doesn't require superhuman skill, time, or spending.
    So does this mean the FIRST important thing in BG is roster strength, not skills right? Imagine a match between Pacciao vs Vladimir Klitsko! Both have very good skills, but how long do you thing Pacciao can stand still? Do the audience want to see this kind of match? Do the boxer themselves want this match happen as well?
    A match like that should never happen, and that was Kabam's mistake letting 4 (now 5) progressions levels fight and compete for the same pool of rewards. In my opinion, BGs should have been progression gated, maybe even Prestiege gated.
    Maybe, but that would punish the highly skilled players disproportionately, which is not what you want to do in a competitive mode. At least not without some very good reason. And weaker players complaining about being disadvantaged is not one of those good reasons in my opinion.

It is the skilled Cavs that can beat the lesser Paragon and Valiants. Forcing everyone to "fight in their lane" means the bad Paragons never have to face the good Cavs and TBs, meanwhile the highly skilled Cavs and TBs never get a shot at beating the higher progression players for higher rewards than their own title would grant.

In boxing, Pacciao has no chance against Klitschko. In MCOC, MCOC Pacciao can, and often does beat MCOC Klitschko. Pacciao never boxes Klitschko because Pacciao has no real chance at getting heavyweight prizes, but does risk critical injury and being eliminated from the sport entirely. MCOC Pacciao can beat MCOC Klitschko for top tier prizes, and faces zero risk in attempting to do so. It is not like if you lose in Battlegrounds you lose the champs you used.

The blunt truth of all competitions is when you create opportunities for the best to excel, you automatically create opportunities for the worst to fail. You have to accept that both as a competitor, and as a game designer. If you can't stomach creating situations where players are ground into the dirt, you should not be designing competitive games.
    Really can you show me an example of Paragon beat Valiant in BG? Please! Any link from youtube or yourself personally,
    I’ll do you one better. Here’s my Cav alt beating a Valiant in BG last season:

i don’t know why he was matching against me in Silver, but it happens. Also, this was not a case of the other guy just farming milestones either:

This was a legit fight to the wire.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 673 ★★★★
    Mdowney80 said:

If I were the CEO of Kabam I’d probably wonder why one of my employees made a post like that about a community I was trying to get money from. 🤷🏻
    (I don’t play BGs after I get the objectives)

anyone who took offense to this is either:

1. someone who isn't great at reading social cues through text.
    2. angry, anonymous, bad-faith, internet user taking their IRL anger out on anybody they can while pretending to be a good-faith person that's just "concerned" about the tone of an article

guy #1 can be reasoned with, guy #2 isn't legitimate and can go away.
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 246 ★★
    I'm just saying that I have more dropped inputs in BG than any other game mode...
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 262 ★★
    OMG close the thread already!!!
  • Options
    Mdowney80Mdowney80 Posts: 80

Mdowney80 said:

If I were the CEO of Kabam I’d probably wonder why one of my employees made a post like that about a community I was trying to get money from. 🤷🏻

2. angry, anonymous, bad-faith, internet user taking their IRL anger out on anybody they can while pretending to be a good-faith person that's just "concerned" about the tone of an article

Either way it’s clearly bad for business.
  • Options
    edited May 26
    @Grub88
    Idk if anyone is working today. With it being Sunday I doubt it. It’s being revived cause some YouTubers are making videos on it.
  • Options
    Mdowney80 said:

Mdowney80 said:

How is it bad for business? You're crying about it on the forums and people are still spending money regardless. Not only that but multiple Kabam devs have pretty much told you to suck it up, buttercup lmao.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 673 ★★★★
    Mdowney80 said:

Mdowney80 said:

are the angry people whose intent is just damage really customers? if i walk into a mcdonalds with a bullhorn and signs screaming about animal rights, did i give mcdonalds my business in the first place? and should they take my actions seriously?

again, the players who had difficulty reading the tone can be soothed but the bad ones can't and shouldn't.
  • Options
    MoneylessMercMoneylessMerc Posts: 20
    Don't make me post the gif of Jared beating a dead horse again.
  • Options
    edited May 27

Go for it. YouTubers are talking about it today so you’re going to see more traffic now. I’m not going to engage with the drama queens. I was just trying to look at it from a business standpoint. If it caused this much drama it can’t be good for business. Satire or not we live in a time where everyone is easily offended especially if they think it will get them attention.
  • Options
    Mdowney80 said:

Go for it. YouTubers are talking about it today so you’re going to see more traffic now. I’m not going to engage with the drama queens. I was just trying to look at it from a business standpoint. If it caused this much drama it can’t be good for business. Satire or not we live in a time where everyone is easily offended especially if they think it will get them attention.
    You're crying on a forum because someone called you bad at a video game, what could you possibly know about running a business?
  • Options

It was pretty insulting and a middle finger to players. For administrators to pass it off as “irony” is totally BS!! I’m so fluent in sarcasm I across list it in the “second language” section in official forms and this insulting. It’s not the first time either. I still remember the Kabam statement about the 12.0 rollback which was the most remorseless apology in the history of apologies. Kabam basically said “you may think you’ve won but most definitely haven’t!! We understand we have pissed of the majority of the community, but we are not sorry, we don’t regret any of our decisions, we will still implement the changes, we will just introduce them over a period of time so players will be far less likely to notice that it’s going to happen to them whether they like it or not. We are only forced into this climb down by the fact you have chosen to punish us by boycotting the unit store but if the unpopular changes hadn’t resulted in a massive loss of revenue regardless of how you feel about them if it was up to us the only thing we’d be giving you is a pair of sandals to go kick rocks with!!!

Since I’m probably headed for Kabam jail for saying that I might as well finish by asking does anyone else notice that matches you buy with elders marks seem to be easier to win? Since you can only buy elders marks with units that you buy for real life money is this a pay to win game mode? I can only speculate?!!!!

Okay Alex Jones, calm down. Nobody's targeting you when you don't use marks, you just need to get good.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,031 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

As much as I love Jax and I appreciate the gesture to let people know it's okay, the stance behind it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    BGs has been anything but smooth. It's been a work in progress. Personally I've lost the drive the last few Seasons. Now we have new Milestones in Solo, and that might be motivation, but now I have to work my way back up from Bronze, against other Players who have either lost their drive or just haven't played last Season, and it's anything but easy.
    I've been vocal in the past about changes to the Victory Track and issues that have come up, and I'm afraid more Rewards aren't going to be enough to remedy participation. Even if you maintain your Season to streamline into Plat each Season, you're coming up against the best, and you have to wait until the last week to even bother.
    Some of this is because I dropped off. Fair enough. The rest, the Players who are much earlier on than myself, have no chance in hell. They're going to keep beating their heads against a wall. The problem is the Rewards are some of the most lucrative in the game, so they're going to keep trying.
    My issue isn't that Jax shared a friendly word. It's the fact that the stance is, for lack of a better word, tough. Which means people are being used because they need the numbers for Matchmaking, but also not being heard. More than that, being told their issues are just whining. Perhaps not the wording of Kabam, but it's the gist I get from everyone overall.
    The only thing I can say is listen to all Players. Not just the cream of the crop that have no problem and tell everyone else to "Git gud.". No matter where someone is at in the game, there's a person behind that Account. They'll only be told to get over it so long before they stop caring completely. Then you have a game mode that is so elitist people will lose interest.

I actually agree with this
    Good thing we have agree and disagree buttons to press instead of commenting, "I agree" ---

Oh wait 😶‍🌫️
    People can use their words. The Buttons are not a total meal replacement.
    I agree
  • Options
    Br0fessor_XBr0fessor_X Posts: 5

This post really had some right ideas and I definitely found myself enjoying comments like the Loki laugh reference but overall I don’t think the message that was intended with the post was received in the slightest.
    Mcoc is a game I have really enjoyed playing for a while and I feel like I am decently skilled as I normally play against larger bg decks and still win. The main thing holding me back is the grind of being ftp. If I spent even a bit in game, I believe I could do a lot better. That’s just reality, this game is not extremely ftp friendly like other mobile games I play like brawl stars and that’s fine.
    The problem with this news post is that it’s just a giant fu to those that are not held back by skill as our ‘threshold’ isn’t really in our control. And to those that are held back by skill, it’s still just a giant fu as the tone and messaging makes it sound like it’s discouraging players from pushing themselves to get better.
    The discussion of “5 stages of grief” were also a bit weird to me. Most were fine as I’m sure criticism of bg like cheating and bad ai would be annoying to constantly deal with for the community management team. And to their credit I do believe that especially the bad ai feedback has more to do with the natural intensity and pressure of a competitive game mode resulting in more slip ups and higher costs for said slip ups more than anything else. However the “acceptance” stage is just terrible messaging from Jax. The fact that he’s basically discouraging people from trying to improve and instead just saying “u suck go do something else” “just accept ur bad” and “don’t set your expectations too high” is horrible advice generally, and especially in this context. I feel the game team should be encouraging people to aim high and settle for lower vs aim low and settle for low. It’s discouraging, bad messaging and just overall feels pointless to post. All it really does is anger those that it’s directed to and flip off those that it’s not. It doesn’t seem very productive in any way

It does seem this:

doesn't quite mesh with this:

I'd like to think we're all here for fun. I enjoy Marvel, I enjoy a lot of aspects about the game. Perhaps the next in-game post can direct summoners on how they can improve their chances at winning in BGs. Fair?
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 819 ★★★★

This post really had some right ideas and I definitely found myself enjoying comments like the Loki laugh reference but overall I don’t think the message that was intended with the post was received in the slightest.
    Mcoc is a game I have really enjoyed playing for a while and I feel like I am decently skilled as I normally play against larger bg decks and still win. The main thing holding me back is the grind of being ftp. If I spent even a bit in game, I believe I could do a lot better. That’s just reality, this game is not extremely ftp friendly like other mobile games I play like brawl stars and that’s fine.
    The problem with this news post is that it’s just a giant fu to those that are not held back by skill as our ‘threshold’ isn’t really in our control. And to those that are held back by skill, it’s still just a giant fu as the tone and messaging makes it sound like it’s discouraging players from pushing themselves to get better.
    The discussion of “5 stages of grief” were also a bit weird to me. Most were fine as I’m sure criticism of bg like cheating and bad ai would be annoying to constantly deal with for the community management team. And to their credit I do believe that especially the bad ai feedback has more to do with the natural intensity and pressure of a competitive game mode resulting in more slip ups and higher costs for said slip ups more than anything else. However the “acceptance” stage is just terrible messaging from Jax. The fact that he’s basically discouraging people from trying to improve and instead just saying “u suck go do something else” “just accept ur bad” and “don’t set your expectations too high” is horrible advice generally, and especially in this context. I feel the game team should be encouraging people to aim high and settle for lower vs aim low and settle for low. It’s discouraging, bad messaging and just overall feels pointless to post. All it really does is anger those that it’s directed to and flip off those that it’s not. It doesn’t seem very productive in any way

It does seem this:

doesn't quite mesh with this:

I'd like to think we're all here for fun. I enjoy Marvel, I enjoy a lot of aspects about the game. Perhaps the next in-game post can direct summoners on how they can improve their chances at winning in BGs. Fair?
    Next Kabam post:

“So you want to get better at BG’s.

Step 1: Find your wallet..”
    Has always been, find me a f2p Quantum player and you've found one of the most skillful players in the game.
This discussion has been closed.