Kabam!? Why this Arena must continue as it is?

13»

Comments

• BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,086 ★★★★★
    The fact that somebody is arguing updating the Sunday arena to have modern rewards and not rewards from 6+ years ago is why the term “white knights” is a thing… laughable.

Not much needs to be done other than perhaps adding a Thronebreaker+ arena that can be title gated and gives a trickle of modern rewards.

In the current state though it’s a good day to go breathe the fresh air, touch some grass, and enjoy things outside of the game. It’s only a bother when there is a 22 hour event falling on a Sunday.
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

The fact that somebody is arguing updating the Sunday arena to have modern rewards and not rewards from 6+ years ago is why the term “white knights” is a thing… laughable.

it's not white knighting, it's being careful what we wish for. they've designed the game to have the best rewards in specific modes and stores. asking for stuff somewhere else just asks for more time and doesn't give us any net rewards benefit anyway.

it's better getting paid $100 for a few tasks than spreading it between many that ends up taking more time. i don't see any net benefit.
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

it's not white knighting, it's being careful what we wish for. they've designed the game to have the best rewards in specific modes and stores. asking for stuff somewhere else just asks for more time and doesn't give us any net rewards benefit anyway.

it's better getting paid $100 for a few tasks than spreading it between many that ends up taking more time. i don't see any net benefit.
    TALLY HO good knight, for one day you shall slay these forum dragons. (The energy you have for arguing on this issue comes off in full Lancelot mode)

But in all seriousness, I find that perspective a bit self-centered. I’m not say that it’s wrong, but that’s reflective of how you individually like to receive rewards and play the game. It’s also dismissive of people who enjoy the mindless meditation that an arena grind is and just want pseudo relevant rewards in their preferred game mode.
    when the new 6* feature and basic came out, players complained (rightfully imo) that they couldn't compete with bigger accounts so kabam cut the amount of points that 6*s gave in half the basic and i think increased milestones in the 4* arena from 1.5 to 4.4m.

while the change was necessary to ensure fairness between the small and big accounts, it added about 200 extra rounds of arena to people's grinds per week after the change, so i'm weary about players asking for things. nothing is free in the game.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,242 ★★★★
    Guys just ignore him and continue with your discussions to stop further derailing the thread.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,134 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

TALLY HO good knight, for one day you shall slay these forum dragons. (The energy you have for arguing on this issue comes off in full Lancelot mode)

But in all seriousness, I find that perspective a bit self-centered. I’m not say that it’s wrong, but that’s reflective of how you individually like to receive rewards and play the game. It’s also dismissive of people who enjoy the mindless meditation that an arena grind is and just want pseudo relevant rewards in their preferred game mode.
    when the new 6* feature and basic came out, players complained (rightfully imo) that they couldn't compete with bigger accounts so kabam cut the amount of points that 6*s gave in half the basic and i think increased milestones in the 4* arena from 1.5 to 4.4m.

while the change was necessary to ensure fairness between the small and big accounts, it added about 200 extra rounds of arena to people's grinds per week after the change, so i'm weary about players asking for things. nothing is free in the game.
    I'm just amazed at your ability to derail any thread at any given moment, over and over again.
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Member Posts: 640 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Bruh, for that reason that arenas need adjust, are the same since game year 3, more than 5 years with same system, some people(Like me) Love to grind arenas for units, in Alliance you can't grind units so...

The one thing you are unlikely to get more of in the arenas, Sunday or otherwise, is more units.

There are specific reasons why the rewards in arena tend to lack things like rank up resources. The one thing Kabam is never going to do is make the arena the one stop shop for all resources.
    Like all in the game, they are making us play BG a Lot to get competitive resources and Prizes, it's time to being some fresh content in all zones, for example, Incursions are now obsolete lol
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,100 ★★★★★

"kabam, why won't u buff summoner advancement???!"

same reason as above.

a. they're not going to turn SA like it was in the past because it was a lot of stress on teams.
    b. they can just buff alliance centered stores like BGs and glory instead.

80% of qualified alliances receive no 6-star shards from summoner advancement rank rewards. Plenty more don’t rank.

Meanwhile the easy SQ gives out shards, so…
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,962 ★★★★

PT_99 said:

This silk guy might be the worst defender I've met, no logic, only.

"Want gold? Go here instead,
    Want shards? Go here instead,
    Want resources? Go here instead, stop asking for ancient ignored game mode to be upgraded to today's standards !!!!"

For the last time, NO ONE is asking for T3alpha and T6b in Arena, stop making things out of random to argue for no reason.
    Just a overhaul of Sunday Arena into units gold will be cool, might as well throw 2-3 revives there.

Big yikes.

things HAVE been upgraded to today's standards. it's called the battlegrounds store, incursions, the glory store, and trader's outpost.

"why can't ford make the model T anymore??!! this is outrageous!"
    I’m impressed by your ability to not answer any question straight.

I never said they should add t3 alpha. It’s completely reasonable to get an update when they aren’t worth it to anyone! Maybe some gold and units would be great, that won’t break the game like you said.

Just because other modes have gotten upgrades doesn’t mean arena shouldn’t? That logic makes literally no sense. Should the glory store never get an update because the bg store has everything in it. No need for its rank up resources. At this point I don’t know if me and OP are writing in the same language.
    if you want to do more work for the exact same rewards, by all means ask them to spread stuff around.
    What is your point exactly? That you don't want these arenas, which, mind you, are clearly useless and are of no use to anyone higher than Contender, to be improved. That you would rather let it stay this way instead of having some form of an improvement? These arenas clearly need some form of a buff, and will slowly fade into obscurity if they continue on like this.

there's a fixed resource budget

they haven't buffed them for a reason and asking for "more stuff" in that area literally won't give us any net benefit and we'll be wasting more time in the game.

"GIVE US MORE STUFF!"

kabam: "ok, but you'll be wasting more time for nothing."
    How will we be "wasting time for nothing" if the rewards are buffed? Where is the logic here? If the rewards are buffed, then it'll be worth our while. It's certainly better than Kabam letting these arenas rot away forever
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,422 Guardian

PT_99 said:

Want resources? Go here instead, stop asking for ancient ignored game mode to be upgraded to today's standards !!!!"

For the last time, NO ONE is asking for T3alpha and T6b in Arena, stop making things out of random to argue for no reason.
    Just a overhaul of Sunday Arena into units gold will be cool, might as well throw 2-3 revives there.

Big yikes.

things HAVE been upgraded to today's standards. it's called the battlegrounds store, incursions, the glory store, and trader's outpost.

I never said they should add t3 alpha. It’s completely reasonable to get an update when they aren’t worth it to anyone! Maybe some gold and units would be great, that won’t break the game like you said.

Just because other modes have gotten upgrades doesn’t mean arena shouldn’t? That logic makes literally no sense. Should the glory store never get an update because the bg store has everything in it. No need for its rank up resources. At this point I don’t know if me and OP are writing in the same language.
    if you want to do more work for the exact same rewards, by all means ask them to spread stuff around.
    What is your point exactly? That you don't want these arenas, which, mind you, are clearly useless and are of no use to anyone higher than Contender, to be improved. That you would rather let it stay this way instead of having some form of an improvement? These arenas clearly need some form of a buff, and will slowly fade into obscurity if they continue on like this.

they haven't buffed them for a reason and asking for "more stuff" in that area literally won't give us any net benefit and we'll be wasting more time in the game.

"GIVE US MORE STUFF!"

How will we be "wasting time for nothing" if the rewards are buffed? Where is the logic here? If the rewards are buffed, then it'll be worth our while. It's certainly better than Kabam letting these arenas rot away forever
    I wouldn’t say people are necessarily wasting their time asking for reward buffs all the time, but it is often the case that when players get more rewards somewhere, that comes at the expense of them not getting those rewards elsewhere. Its an invisible effect, because it is easy to see when something gets buffed and almost impossible to see when something that would have been higher ends up being lower, but that effect is almost always there in some form.

The Sunday arenas are low reward low effort arenas. They aren’t going to become low effort high reward arenas. When the new arenas were released many people complained about the fact that 6* champs had a lower scoring base in the basic arena than the featured one. They complained that was unfair. But the response was that so long as that arena contained 6* champs as rewards, it would not be capped to 5* champs. That’s why Trials has a 4* rarity cap. That cap allows players with lower rosters to still compete in that arena, because they cannot face anything higher than 4* champs.

These interconnected rules for how rewards and content are intertwined is one of those things players often ignore or are unaware of, or think can just be hand waved away. But there are always consequences of every change, and it has happened that the players have asked for something, and unfortunately for them they got it.

You can’t control what will happen when the devs decide to sit down and review something to update it. You can convince them to look. You cannot dictate what they will find, or what they will choose to do once they start working on it. You might get what you want. You might not.

I think one day the Sunday arenas will eventually be updated. The game economy expands over time, and there will come a point that it expands enough to create a lot of space to update those. However, the arenas collectively currently have a ton of rewards for players willing to grind for them. I have no desire to force the devs to look at the rewards in the arenas. Roster growth has made arena grinding very, very fast. Much faster than when they were last balanced. I don’t think anyone wants the devs to take a look at them and decide grinding speeds are a bit too fast. But that is a distinct possibility if the players convince the devs to reexamine the arenas. You can’t force them to only look at the Sunday ones.

PT_99 said:

Big yikes.

"GIVE US MORE STUFF!"

rewards are a zero-sum game. they have a fixed budget of how much of X can be in the game at one time.

if we ask kabam for more of something in an area of the game that doesn't have it, they don't just make more of that resource and put it there, they have to remove a chunk of it from somewhere else.

we have a fixed "salary", and promotions (more rewards beyond their budget) don't exist. we can ask for more assignments, but it's more work for the same pay.
    what DNA said