**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Harder and Harder and Harder

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,144 ★★★★★
Let me paint a picture ....

I'm fighting Kindred for the final win in Battlegrounds ... second to last victory I need to arrive in the Gladiator's Circuit ... I'm locked in .. let's go .... I'm giving him the beating he deserves ... the fight is going just as I played it out .. punishing specials ... intercepting ... all of this in preparation for my masterpiece ending ...

I'm looking at his health, looking at the match time .. dude I'm C O O K I IN G .. so I gather my Relic full powered ... my SP2 ready ... as soon as the mark comes (5% health) and the root engages I'm firing my Relic and hitting him with the final blow for this perfect victory at 100% health! Here it comes .... Kindred thankfully dashes in .... I get the intercept .. go for the 5 hit combo ... 8% ... 6% ... 5% .. Relic engaged ...

AND THEN ... as soon as my masterpiece moment arrives and the root comes this game sends me ALL THE WAY TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FLIPPIN' SCREEN and I do mean ALL THE WAY TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SCREEN. not only that .. because I had so perfectly executed this strategy my movements were on auto pilot because I assumed I would be rooted right next to Kindred so I had engaged the Relic ... it misses completely obviously .. didn't even get me out of the root but I don't. know if Relics push you out of roots ... but anyway .. I fire off the Relic and then muscle memory the SP2 that obviously also misses and yes I'M STILL ROOTED!!

so I have to sit there .. wait for Kindred to arrive from the other side of the screen .. feverishly try to evade and survive the root and finish him ... but I'm so ticked off at what just happened I lose all train of thought, get smacked, degen'd ... and ... DEAD. Match lost.

I know the folks at Kabam don't understand this much ... but resources, units, points and in some cases $ ... ALL OF IT IS BEING LOST AND WASTED on stupid moments like this when the game decides it's your turn to suffer through missed inputs, whiffs, random glitches .. whatever you want to call these issues. And it's getting harder and harder and harder to push through the loss.

I should have had that victory but now I have to probably look at victory shields to protect me from shenanigans like this ... which is another conversation but I digress.

Paint dry.

Comments

• Options
    The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Posts: 163 ★★
    Deacon said:

I'm fighting Kindred for the final win in Battlegrounds ... second to last victory I need to arrive in the Gladiator's Circuit ... I'm locked in .. let's go .... I'm giving him the beating he deserves ... the fight is going just as I played it out .. punishing specials ... intercepting ... all of this in preparation for my masterpiece ending ...

I'm looking at his health, looking at the match time .. dude I'm C O O K I IN G .. so I gather my Relic full powered ... my SP2 ready ... as soon as the mark comes (5% health) and the root engages I'm firing my Relic and hitting him with the final blow for this perfect victory at 100% health! Here it comes .... Kindred thankfully dashes in .... I get the intercept .. go for the 5 hit combo ... 8% ... 6% ... 5% .. Relic engaged ...

AND THEN ... as soon as my masterpiece moment arrives and the root comes this game sends me ALL THE WAY TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FLIPPIN' SCREEN and I do mean ALL THE WAY TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SCREEN. not only that .. because I had so perfectly executed this strategy my movements were on auto pilot because I assumed I would be rooted right next to Kindred so I had engaged the Relic ... it misses completely obviously .. didn't even get me out of the root but I don't. know if Relics push you out of roots ... but anyway .. I fire off the Relic and then muscle memory the SP2 that obviously also misses and yes I'M STILL ROOTED!!

so I have to sit there .. wait for Kindred to arrive from the other side of the screen .. feverishly try to evade and survive the root and finish him ... but I'm so ticked off at what just happened I lose all train of thought, get smacked, degen'd ... and ... DEAD. Match lost.

I know the folks at Kabam don't understand this much ... but resources, units, points and in some cases $ ... ALL OF IT IS BEING LOST AND WASTED on stupid moments like this when the game decides it's your turn to suffer through missed inputs, whiffs, random glitches .. whatever you want to call these issues. And it's getting harder and harder and harder to push through the loss.

I should have had that victory but now I have to probably look at victory shields to protect me from shenanigans like this ... which is another conversation but I digress.

Paint dry.

Excellent descriptive writing.
  • Options

Deacon said:

Paint dry.

Great text. It was like I could see you fighting.
    Sadly you lose...

Tell more about this Kindred if you remember
    Stars and P.I. thanks

My best one is a 6* 14.5k , 35k as defender
    haha thanks ... it was just a R4 Kindred .. nothing I haven't done countless times before. but it is what it is. utter frustration at times.
  • Options
    felanomafelanoma Posts: 31
    I read the whole thing.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 354 ★★★
    Relic doesn't end root though. You got rooted in place, the striker did it's thing, and then the screen resets back to where you threw it, kind of like a yoyo. Happens to the best of us.

Not sure why your sp2 didn't get you out of root though, even if it whiffed.
  • Options
    Vanitelia said:

Relic doesn't end root though. You got rooted in place, the striker did it's thing, and then the screen resets back to where you threw it, kind of like a yoyo. Happens to the best of us.

Not sure why your sp2 didn't get you out of root though, even if it whiffed.

Good to know about the relics .. notice I didn't complain about that as I wasn't sure if relics did or did not push you out of root ... my biggest complaint was the fact that it sent me all the way across the other side of the screen instead of rooting me in place. so i didn't time the relic to engage as the root would fire off .. the root happened, i got sent across the screen then my muscle memory for my masterpiece fired off.

i'm sure it's some funky interaction bug ... it's still a tremendous point of frustration for not just this encounter but the MANY that people are faced with.
  • Options
    felanoma said:

I read the whole thing.

haha ... many thanks my friend glad you did.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,908 ★★★★★
    Best post I've seen in While.
    Well written.
    Sorry about the ending, though. 😅
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,308 ★★★★
    I think he found a Kindred spirit in you
  • Options
    MystGMystG Posts: 40
    Deacon said:

Paint dry.

It has happened to me quite a lot when fighting kindred (at least 90% of the time). I probably wouldn't call it a bug though, I might be wrong.

Throwing the relic heavily pushes the opponent back, and if you throw it while rooted, it probably remembers the position where you were rooted. After pushing the opponent far back, the relic brings you back to that root position (in this case the root position could be even farther but the screen camera lock pushed it to just the left end of the screen).

If you threw the relic before getting rooted, that's a different interaction and I've never faced that. But Ideally, in that case, the root should only apply at the end position of the relic.

My typical strategy when fighting kindred remains to be DOT. Especially using HT, I try to put as many flames on him as possible, so that when I get rooted, I launch any special that is ready to end the root, and kindred dies from the DOT almost immediately. I barely remember a time when I managed to knock him down with specials (they always get blocked and sometimes, punished too).
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,415 ★★★★★
    Beautiful kindrid moment.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,800 ★★★★★
    Take note people. This is how you write a rant post.