Spring of sorrow week 2 counters

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,386 ★★★★★
    edited May 30
    DrZola said:

Anyone try or G99 or Warlock? They each fulfill an objective

I think the fact they are metal makes it a little rougher. No way to remove neuros.

Dr. Zola
    G99 can work. I did a test run with my 6r3 and took off~25% with no boosts on just one attempt. I decided to get the Herc objective after that. May go with Photon for Avengers, then back to G99.

Did a test run with warlock and that didn't go well at all.

Don't have fkn Shang!
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,886 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Anyone try or G99 or Warlock? They each fulfill an objective

I think the fact they are metal makes it a little rougher. No way to remove neuros.

Dr. Zola
    G99 can work. I did a test run with my 6r3 and took off~25% with no boosts on just one attempt. I decided to get the Herc objective after that. May go with Photon for Avengers, then back to G99.

Did a test run with warlock and that didn't go well at all.

Don't have fkn Shang!
    That’s great info. I think anyone is manageable then if the AI cooperates even a little and you can dodge the special.

Dr. Zola
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 567 ★★★
    Having good success with Shang, not got the solo yet but managed lots of runs around 40% so I’m pretty confident, like someone else said might just build like 70 chi charges and nuke.

Would CapWilson be a good choice for the avengers tag? Got a duped 7r1
  • AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Member Posts: 351 ★★

Finally the awful day has come. Who do you think are the best counters for this beefy onslaught?

IBOM
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Member Posts: 471 ★★★
    I used a different double objective option.

Falcon(granted mine is a 7* R3 awakened) covers Carina Challengers and Avenger objective. May not seem like best choice but with lock on his M crit at 11k and L crits at 7k. So even a bad run can do decent damage

Then used Herc for 2021/Hero objective

And Deathless KG just sucked.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,386 ★★★★★

Finally the awful day has come. Who do you think are the best counters for this beefy onslaught?

IBOM
    I used iBom instead of G99 and he worked great! Should have been 2 revives but since it's me, I used 4!!!
  • AzdefAzdef Member Posts: 222
    Jack2634 said:

Could someone give a rundown of the gist of the summary of what you're aiming to do in the fight to win?

I frankly haven't even looked at the nodes yet, and I've always have banned Onslaught in BG, so pretend I'm a noob here.

I'll be taking Shang-Chi and Photon most likely. And DKG.

what i have done personally is dexing his sp1 except the 4th part (which is only 1 beam). I block it, and dex the last part to remove neuroshock, it will give you one magnetize debuff for healing back up.

Tbh, The fight is pretty simple, learning how to dex his sp1 is basically the only way (and for a more advanced tip, which i didn't do, is charging in fast after 4th beam and dex out last beam for a window to punish his sp1) . All in all, it is just the AI makes that onsl*t much harder than it should be. I hate this more than wow abs
    That was a great suggestion ( not dexing the 4th beam). Made the sp1 dex easier somehow! ( For me atleast) Much appreciated!
  • M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Member Posts: 214 ★★
    edited May 30
    Spent an embarassing amount of resources to get all the obj done but its finally over. Still can't dex that SP1 well.
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 790 ★★★
    Herc, Falcon and unit man was my team
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 869 ★★★★
    Ant man OG.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★

Spent an embarassing amount of resources to get all the obj done but its finally over. Still can't dex that SP1 well.

https://youtu.be/cTTi5rKN9ww?feature=shared
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 567 ★★★
    Did it with Shang and now trying CapWilson, he can’t crit but is still generating neuroshocks as if he does.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★
    edited May 31

Skill issue, I has it.

Still has it but I used expiring revives with the tree and got it done.

Probably about 70% dex reliable rate now so at the very least at least I learned something.

10 days to go stupid grinding revives (I am maxed on 20/40/60's so not exactly struggling) and I might end up getting it done with beardo for the last objectives.

Still hate the AI, still not a fan of Onslaught, less agitated in general.

• Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 580 ★★★★
    This AI is absolute dog****. Counters don’t matter when the AI is the worst ever. No reasonable way to intercept without him just walking up to you and punching you in the face and short dashing back and doing special intercepts. Absurd.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,807 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/ZN7tLgQsnCQ?feature=shared

I soloed Onslaught with shang chi 7* r2. It is doable👍.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,228 ★★★★
    Hey so anyone know what stat focus is best for Shang chi? Crit damage or Special Prowess

Hey so anyone know what stat focus is best for Shang chi? Crit damage or Special Prowess

Special prowess for this fight.

But in general crit damage is best.
  • CkblackCkblack Member Posts: 5
    America Chavez easy solo once AI cooperated…just load up Masteries w/MD, Energy Res. & Willpower. Since he plays very Defensive you can actually throw Heavies & build her charges easily. Only SP2’s, each takes off ~20%…of course took hhr to learn to Dex SP1, but i def needed to learn that for BGs cuz i sucked at it & cant keep banning Onslaught lol
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    Not exactly counters, but to complete the objectives did Herc, CapIW, and Deathless King Groot.
    About used 30 revives across all the runs (least with Herc, most with DKG), but at least now I feel better about dex'ing Onslaught's SP1.

I did push Onslaught to SP2 a few times. I got messed up when using DKG as sometimes I'd be ready for reversed controls but DKG would shrug it off because of his ability. But when using CapIW, it seemed okay to just take the SP2 into the block as long as I made sure not to have any neuroshocks on.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,092 ★★★★★
    Can someone tell me what to do in this fight? As weird as it sounds, I can dex his sp1 reliably now, but I don't know how to deal good damage nor how to fight Onslaught with his kit (either his basic kit nor with the nodes). I just don't understand it, and everyone is saying you just need to master his sp1.

I'm using Photon and DKG.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,080 ★★★★

Can someone tell me what to do in this fight? As weird as it sounds, I can dex his sp1 reliably now, but I don't know how to deal good damage nor how to fight Onslaught with his kit (either his basic kit nor with the nodes). I just don't understand it, and everyone is saying you just need to master his sp1.

Among other things, whenever you gain a bar of power you get a power sting. If you then intercept him you can transfer it to him and nominally have him damage himself when he does his next sp1. That worked reasonably well for me on my Shang Chi and Photon fights, but on my DKG fight he almost never threw a special when he had the power sting.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,228 ★★★★

That is definitely not the case even after you master his sp 1 it's still very annoying with the erratic AI he's got going.

With DKG you just need to dance around a bit and build upto 10 armour breaks, after that's it's just sp3 spam.

With Photon, there isn't really much of a strategy just do what you want and chip him down, maybe you can go for the sp3 for survivability when you get low but that's it
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,092 ★★★★★
    edited June 1

Among other things, whenever you gain a bar of power you get a power sting. If you then intercept him you can transfer it to him and nominally have him damage himself when he does his next sp1. That worked reasonably well for me on my Shang Chi and Photon fights, but on my DKG fight he almost never threw a special when he had the power sting.
    Thanks. Photon I just gave up on and used 5 revives after pumping in mastery points for inequity.

DKG, maybe I'll have to call in 4-hour-stash man (who hopefully won't have to call big brother unit man).
    I did onslut with DKG, it took me 5 revives. The AI is goddamn unpredictable.

Hey atleast I got all the objectives done finally.
  • Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Member Posts: 337 ★★

Is DKG r1?

Is DKG r1?
    Yes, but I used all medium boosts
  • Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Member Posts: 337 ★★

Is DKG r1?
    Yes, but I used all medium boosts
    Okay man ... Let me try then ..
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,805 ★★★★★

Personally, I put on a little extra Energy Resistance for my DKG fight. Since my skills aren't enough to avoid getting clipped occasionally, it helped reduce the Neuroshock damage.
  • Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 703 ★★★★
    Aaaand breathe…

• Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 416 ★★★
    So captain America R1 with boosts can take him in two revives. Can be soloed too. Just keep parry heavying. You can throw sp2 into the unstoppable heavy.

Shang took me 4 revives