**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Daily FREE Items via In-Game Store

MCOC TeamMCOC Team Posts: 531
edited June 25 in General Discussion
Hey Summoners!

How do you feel about free stuff? If you like it, we have good news for you.

Starting today, you’ll be able to claim a free item each day in the in-game Store! Specifically, in the Rank Up tab.

But that’s not all - because we’re also adding a Bonus Item to that same tab, which you’ll be able to claim once each day by buying anything from that tab.

Free items at launch will include resources such as Champion Crystal Shards, and a Gold/ISO-8 Selector. While we research and gather feedback for these bonuses the items may shift in future, so we thank you for your patience and understanding while we tune these freebies!

The Game Team
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,368 ★★★★★

Nice, I feel that without Mike here anymore we can start to request what we want, I see that is a good start from the new COO.
    Revive farm back will be nice or a 40% revive free every 24 hours will be nice like how you did now with this new claim thing.

What?
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    OldManHop said:

Clever idea for a unit sink... gonna have to be pretty juicy rewards to justify daily spending though.

Not a unit sink if u buy the cheapest item
  • Options
    Team_SlyTeam_Sly Posts: 87
    I brought some items from rank up store, but it’s not giving me the bonus.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,508 ★★★★★
    Team_Sly said:

I brought some items from rank up store, but it’s not giving me the bonus.

Same here. It says that you immediately received the gift, and I don't know how many 7* shared I had before, but I guess is that you don't claim it but it's automatically sent. I'll retest that theory when it refreshed in theory minutes.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,465 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

OldManHop said:

Clever idea for a unit sink... gonna have to be pretty juicy rewards to justify daily spending though.

It is unless you’re already buying items and not just buying them for the bonus item. I think most would not place the value of a 7* crystal at 1500 units.
  • Options

Bendy said:

OldManHop said:

It is unless you’re already buying items and not just buying them for the bonus item. I think most would not place the value of a 7* crystal at 1500 units.
    10 units everyday on something u can just sell is not worth it well it is since thats the cheapest 7 ever
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,958 ★★★★★
    Both account same progression level.
    Different in rewards.

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,958 ★★★★★
    Both Uncollected level progression.

• Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 738 ★★★

Nice, I feel that without Mike here anymore we can start to request what we want, I see that is a good start from the new COO.
    Revive farm back will be nice or a 40% revive free every 24 hours will be nice like how you did now with this new claim thing.

Let me know how that works out... 😳
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 624 ★★★
    does the free items change? I like free stuff and shouldn't complain but the free item i get on my Cavalier account is better than the free item I get on my Valiant account...makes no sense
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,399 ★★★★
    It's not right that some people get free shards and other people only get the free gold/iso selector. Everyone in the same progression should get the same thing.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,014 ★★★★★
    Crine60 said:

It's not right that some people get free shards and other people only get the free gold/iso selector. Everyone in the same progression should get the same thing.

Pretty sure it's random. Today might be shards tomorrow might be gold.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Crine60 said:

Pretty sure it's random. Today might be shards tomorrow might be gold.
    I got gold or iso again im praying its random maybe changes weekly
  • Options
    Susanthf2pSusanthf2p Posts: 2
    GUYS I didn't get the rank up tab I did everything reinstalling updating restarting the device is there any requirement I am conqueror rn
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,221 Guardian

GUYS I didn't get the rank up tab I did everything reinstalling updating restarting the device is there any requirement I am conqueror rn

For those who don’t have the RANK-UP tab at all (I commented in someone else's post about this too tonight.)
    Did you remember seeing the Rank-Up tab prior to this latest game update ? That tab in general has already been in the game, it is not new. (Just the Free/Bonus stuff is new)

I’ll venture a guess that if you are in Negative (Red) Units, maybe you don’t even have that tab show up in Store at all, because you can not spend Units while you are in the Red.
    And thus would not have access to the new “free” bonus stuff.

(From a “refund” you requested thru your bank, instead of having Kabam be able to resolve that money purchase issue. Always go thru Kabam for purchase issues, NOT thru your bank).
  • Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,064 ★★★
    Better than nothing
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 418 ★★★
    Bendy said:

OldManHop said:

Cheapest item costs 10 units and gives you 100 7* shards for a Valiant. It's most certainly not worth it, especially since it adds up. It may not be an immediate unit sink, but sure is a gradual one. I can only see it being useful if u are short of less than 500 shards and willing to spend 50 units for it.
  • Options
    Susanthf2pSusanthf2p Posts: 2
    Bro I have 1700 units
  • Options
    007Bishop said:

Bendy said:

OldManHop said:

Cheapest item costs 10 units and gives you 100 7* shards for a Valiant. It's most certainly not worth it, especially since it adds up. It may not be an immediate unit sink, but sure is a gradual one. I can only see it being useful if u are short of less than 500 shards and willing to spend 50 units for it.
    Considering we get units weekly theres arena 10 units is worth it by far since they normally sell a 7 at 6k units this to me im doing daily also we dont even know if it changes on each day of u get shards today free or not and if so it be cheaper to get as u wont have to spend units i for one am since for a cheap price of 1500 units for a 7 that is worth for me anyday but cheaper if does rotate between gold/iso or the shards
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 418 ★★★
    Bendy said:

007Bishop said:

Bendy said:

OldManHop said:

Considering we get units weekly theres arena 10 units is worth it by far since they normally sell a 7 at 6k units this to me im doing daily also we dont even know if it changes on each day of u get shards today free or not and if so it be cheaper to get as u wont have to spend units i for one am since for a cheap price of 1500 units for a 7 that is worth for me anyday but cheaper if does rotate between gold/iso or the shards
    It's not just the shards. You are spending 10 units on a resource that is just going into overflow and never getting used and also discrediting the fact that there are other ways to get more shards than 100 without spending units. 10 units may not seem much for a spender/arena grinder, but for someone who doesn't grind arenas much nor spends, 10 units for 100 shards isn't worth it. Essentially, it is a unit drain but it depends on how quickly you are able to get it back. And there's also opportunity cost of spending 1500 units for a seven star over waiting for special deals which give you way more value. At the end of the day, whether they wish to spend the 10 units on 100 shards or not is completely up to the individual but speaking from a purely cost-benefit perspective, the costs outweigh the benefits
  • Options
    007Bishop said:

Bendy said:

007Bishop said:

Bendy said:

OldManHop said:

It's not just the shards. You are spending 10 units on a resource that is just going into overflow and never getting used and also discrediting the fact that there are other ways to get more shards than 100 without spending units. 10 units may not seem much for a spender/arena grinder, but for someone who doesn't grind arenas much nor spends, 10 units for 100 shards isn't worth it. Essentially, it is a unit drain but it depends on how quickly you are able to get it back. And there's also opportunity cost of spending 1500 units for a seven star over waiting for special deals which give you way more value. At the end of the day, whether they wish to spend the 10 units on 100 shards or not is completely up to the individual but speaking from a purely cost-benefit perspective, the costs outweigh the benefits
    For sure i normally spend my free units on crystals or try to save for when i need them on revive bundles i spend just not on units mainly on bundles i see worth like early access but for me this is a good thing for shards as i still need t4b for rank ups on 6s since i still have a lot of r1s but even if i didnt need them id buy it since the gold for selling also down line other stuff will get cheaper but its a choice if u want to do the daily stuff for the 100 shards
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,033 ★★★★
    Is there supposed to be a consistent refresh timer after claiming?

I claimed the first one, and the refresh was 7 hours. I then claimed a second one, and the refresh was 12 hours. Now I just went to claim the third one, and without ever claiming it, it's showing 11 hours on the refresh time.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,221 Guardian
    (Update for those who don’t even see the RANK-UP Tab in store)

Based on your progression.. (thanks @winterthur )

Last update to Catalyst Store (labeled Rank-up in game) in March, Kabam said they were removing that for Conqueror and below.
    So need to be Uncollected to have that tab in the Store.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/362978/catalyst-store-update#latest

This discussion has been closed.