**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Daily FREE Items via In-Game Store

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,534 ★★★★★

Can anyone explain why some people get these items rotated daily or every other day while others such as me have only had the gold iso item every single day. ??

I'm getting iso everyday, but I completely agree.
  • Options
    Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 274 ★★★
    I might as well keep the updates going. Still stuck on only gold iso item. Would be great to get a response from someone at kabam with some answered why some get the good item daily of shards and others get the other item. I understand some people might be happy to get the gold daily if they need it. But having 130 mill gold and almost 15k gold crystals. I think I’m good with gold.
  • Options
    Kabam CrashedKabam Crashed Posts: 125 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Hello. Our team was testing to see how player behaviour would change with different configurations of this new feature. Later today, all accounts will start seeing the same configuration, where the free item is the ISO/Gold selector and the bonus item after purchase is champion shards. Communicating the test design in advance would have potentially affected the validity of the test, but now that it is over we can discuss it.

But this is unfair you say! We agree, and that's why we will be sending out a compensation so players in the "worse" test group still get their champion shards for free. I believe the comp will include 9 days' worth, no timeline for when this will arrive.

So your giving the one that no one really wants for free and making us pay for the one we actually want aka crystal shards? Yup, Def a kabam kinda thing.
    If you are interested in learning more about free 7-star shards every day, turn into the live stream tomorrow ;)
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 624 ★★★
    edited June 14

Hello. Our team was testing to see how player behaviour would change with different configurations of this new feature. Later today, all accounts will start seeing the same configuration, where the free item is the ISO/Gold selector and the bonus item after purchase is champion shards. Communicating the test design in advance would have potentially affected the validity of the test, but now that it is over we can discuss it.

But this is unfair you say! We agree, and that's why we will be sending out a compensation so players in the "worse" test group still get their champion shards for free. I believe the comp will include 9 days' worth, no timeline for when this will arrive.

thank you for the update. Much appreciated.

honestly this wasn't handled very well. i would have quit the game had i not purchased the double track event and it did result in me skipping out on the 7* purchase deal. I know the deal is still on but I used my "fun" budget on something else so i won't be buying it even with 4 days to go. Kabam's loss in the end.
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 624 ★★★

Buttehrs said:

So your giving the one that no one really wants for free and making us pay for the one we actually want aka crystal shards? Yup, Def a kabam kinda thing.
    If you are interested in learning more about free 7-star shards every day, turn into the live stream tomorrow ;)
    Will the "best group" get compensated with 9 days of gold and iso?.. fair is fair😤
    the "best group" did get more than a week's worth of feeling superior while we felt like 2nd class citizens so sounds fair not to :)

Just kidding there....it does sound like what you suggested is the right thing to do and maybe an apologize to their player base on how this was handled.

if i could give you a million gold I would do it believe me. I have about 100 million plus all the unopened gold crystals which i wish i could trade for something else
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,699 ★★★
    Uhm, I have 500 6 star shards every day plus gold and iso if I buy something, every day. Didnt know it rotated lmao
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,699 ★★★
    Nvm it changed today, I got the gold and iso
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 267 ★★
    I'm guessing that the test was for those who had to spend units in the rank ups store to get the free crystals. Safe to say that they got enough people to use units for the free shards. Problem with that is those people used units when other people got them for free.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,471 ★★★★★
    Starhawk said:

Buttehrs said:

Will the "best group" get compensated with 9 days of gold and iso?.. fair is fair😤
    the "best group" did get more than a week's worth of feeling superior while we felt like 2nd class citizens so sounds fair not to :)

Just kidding there....it does sound like what you suggested is the right thing to do and maybe an apologize to their player base on how this was handled.

if i could give you a million gold I would do it believe me. I have about 100 million plus all the unopened gold crystals which i wish i could trade for something else
    I don't need the gold or ISO; but fair is fair 😤
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 633 ★★★
    edited June 14

What's the point of free stuff if it not worth claiming. Gold and Iso? Please. Atleast, change the free stuff based on progression. This started cool and now it is not something I look forward to every day

Then just don't claim it... I'm pretty sure it's either they do this or they just don't. I claimed the gold every day because while it's a little, it takes no effort and it's Free
    My only complaint is the little red notification that keeps appearing, while it's helpful as a reminder, I feel like in the future when I get lazy to claim it or something it's gonna be annoying to have appearing everytime.
  • Options
    ChiiccChiicc Posts: 171

You mean you just let people spend units on stuff to test them and sue em as a Guinea pig. Pretty messed up to thinks it’s amusing
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 167 ★★
    Mine switched yesterday from 7* shards to two days of gold and iso
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    I feel so used...

Haha. Thats awesome.

• Options
    saddleupsaddleup Posts: 41

So do those of us who got the shards get a gold comp package
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 267 ★★

I am curious on the Parameters chosen to pick who got what.
    Clearly the winners on this experiment are the people who got the ISO and Gold in the first place, they get both and on top of that got to complain, cry and whine.

Except for those who spent unuts in the store to get the bonus shards.
  • Options

Clearly the winners on this experiment are the people who got the ISO and Gold in the first place, they get both and on top of that got to complain, cry and whine.

That's their problem.. even 10 units for 100 dhards is not worthy
  • Options

I didn't ..but what about those who spent to get gold or iso
  • Options

Yeah but those that didn't spend units to get the shards still got the free gold or iso and now will get the shards on top of the gold.. so is that fair to those who only got the shards and no gold
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 803 ★★★★
    So... is the experiment over? Last night it was still behaving the same way. Do players in the experiment need to continue buying the t4b or other catalyst to keep getting the "free" shards?
  • Options
    Kabam CrashedKabam Crashed Posts: 125 ★★★★
    The experiment is over, players all now see the same configuration and that is how it will remain indefinitely.
  • Options
    All I know is that the idea of "being happy for others" is obviously not working...
    It was free stuff, no one got happy other were getting shards...
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 655 ★★★★
    Can you get rid of the red notification bubble? I don't want to claim the thing, but it makes my brain itchy
This discussion has been closed.