Daily FREE Items via In-Game Store

124»

Comments

• JrasJras Member Posts: 4
    Why not just add free item to up-coming super Daily event? You would need to log in daily anyway to get those milestones. I know it is not hard to click a few more times, but a little unnecessary, and I do it primarily to get rid of red icon.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★

The experiment is over, players all now see the same configuration and that is how it will remain indefinitely.

That fair I won’t touch. It. Hate the gold and the smail ISO. Having 150m make this just a little bit easier for thos who need iso and gold but was nice to get a few 7 star shard while it lasted. Also removing the red 1 or at least let us remove it without. Buying
  • hurricanthurricant Member Posts: 549 ★★★
    edited June 23
    Does anyone actually claim like 2 iso bricks daily like for real? I guess free stuff is nice but I can't be bothered to even think about this
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    hurricant said:

Does anyone actually claim like 2 iso bricks daily like for real? I guess free stuff is nice but I can't be bothered to even think about this

I claim Gold.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    any timeline when the units will be sent out to those in the "test group"?
  • WollefWollef Member Posts: 43
    @kabamj
    Kabam Jax said:

Chiicc said:

Hello. Our team was testing to see how player behaviour would change with different configurations of this new feature. Later today, all accounts will start seeing the same configuration, where the free item is the ISO/Gold selector and the bonus item after purchase is champion shards. Communicating the test design in advance would have potentially affected the validity of the test, but now that it is over we can discuss it.

But this is unfair you say! We agree, and that's why we will be sending out a compensation so players in the "worse" test group still get their champion shards for free. I believe the comp will include 9 days' worth, no timeline for when this will arrive.

You mean you just let people spend units on stuff to test them and sue em as a Guinea pig. Pretty messed up to thinks it’s amusing
    That's literally what game development is: using data to observe behavioural patterns and reactions and making adjustments based off that. There's nothing more nefarious at play here than that.
    Hello Kabam, I would like to said than no, it's not how we doing in the game industry, you don't use players as lab rat (specially without consent) to test whatever psychological idea you have. It's extremely borderline to do that with your own community. You do that with a small pool of player who was agree to text something, and you check the data and see what to do with it. So be careful with your own community in the future please. Thanks at least for the information and clarification after all, much appreciated.
  • Kabam CrashedKabam Crashed Member, Game Team Posts: 231 ★★★★★
    Wollef said:

Hello Kabam, I would like to said than no, it's not how we doing in the game industry, you don't use players as lab rat (specially without consent) to test whatever psychological idea you have. It's extremely borderline to do that with your own community. You do that with a small pool of player who was agree to text something, and you check the data and see what to do with it. So be careful with your own community in the future please. Thanks at least for the information and clarification after all, much appreciated.

Sorry but this is one where Jax is right and you are flat out wrong. I think you would have a challenge finding another game in the mobile industry as big as MCoC that doesn't run more split tests like this than we do. We are extremely conservative by industry standards.

• phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    Why wouldn't you want 900k of gold a month for doing nothing?
  • MrFullStopMrFullStop Member Posts: 150 ★★
    Weren't we supposed be getting 900 7* shards??
    I got gold (130k) and some ISO forgot how many, but the options I got in the "testing" was gold and iso, and shards!!
    so why I'm getting gold and iso again as a compensation rather than shards??
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★

Wollef said:

Sorry but this is one where Jax is right and you are flat out wrong. I think you would have a challenge finding another game in the mobile industry as big as MCoC that doesn't run more split tests like this than we do. We are extremely conservative by industry standards.

Or any other industry...test and learn, test and learn. @Wollef you're way off.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,135 ★★★★★
    hurricant said:

I claim iso. Mostly because I hate that red dot.
This discussion has been closed.