Battleground matching seriously!

DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 349 ★★★
edited June 6 in General Discussion

Don’t have a single word for the ridiculous matching system. The smallest one is my account and the others 2 is my opponents!

Comments

• DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 349 ★★★

Yes you reached your plateau, congratulations

Oh I thought someone like you will jump and said this matchup is doable, skills matter :)))

Oh I thought someone like you will jump and said this matchup is doable, skills matter :)))
    Why? You have a 14k prestige, you gotta put work on it...
    But a few days ago I remember you and @DNA3000 said all Kabam’s matchup is doable, only skills matter :)))
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,626 ★★★★★

But a few days ago I remember you and @DNA3000 said all Kabam’s matchup is doable, only skills matter :)))
    That is true also; but your sucess rate is not gonna be constant.. you might be able.to do it 1, 2, 3 times.. not everytime...
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,038 ★★★★★
    Even when you're outmatched, people can still make mistakes. I was matched up with someone I had no business losing to, roster-wise, but very nearly did because of a very silly matchup - Shang Chi vs Bishop, completely forgot that purifying debuffs causes you to take massive damage and proudly used his cleansing strike on those damned incinerates - very embarassing. Anything can happen.

Heck, I started a match that I should definitely have won, and my wife started choking, so I immediatley dropped my phone to help her. By the time I returned to it of course I'd lost. These are relatively rare occurances, but they can happen.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,163 ★★★★★
    BG is skills + roster
    The fact that you reached Vibranium with that weak account means you have skills, keep playing story content and then do Necro, you'll have big r3 heroes
  • Vinny14Vinny14 Member Posts: 4
    What a load of BS comments!!! If you match every single time against legends or valiants with big rosters you are most likely to lose and dont say that skills has something to do with it cause if you are in vibranium all of you got atleast some skills so that dont matter!!! So matchmaking is BS!!!
    Vinny14 said:

What a load of BS comments!!! If you match every single time against legends or valiants with big rosters you are most likely to lose and dont say that skills has something to do with it cause if you are in vibranium all of you got atleast some skills so that dont matter!!! So matchmaking is BS!!!

Would you show up to a NASCAR race with a minivan and tell people you want to race? And aftet say "BS, I cant win"... Well he has a small account and is competing against people with bigger accounts, at some point matchmaking will make him lose.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
    Vinny14 said:

Yes, you’ll likely lose but if someone drafts badly or doesn’t have a counter to your difficult defenders you can still pull out a win.

You really shouldn't forfeit the matches. You'd be surprised how many times smaller accounts can beat stronger accounts.

Even if you don't win the match, you can use each match as an opportunity to learn and improve. Practice on fights you struggle with and experiment with which champs can cover which fights. When I was a TB and Paragon, I used BG to hone my skills, which has come in handy

DNA3000 said:

I’ve actually said that BG is *not* specifically about “only skills” about a billion times now. It’s about skill, knowledge, strategy, and roster strength, and anyone saying it isn’t about all of those things is just making stuff up.

I have said that almost no random matchup is hopeless, because I’ve beaten Valiants with Cav alts more than once. If they are as skilled and knowledgeable as you but have a roster ten times stronger, you’re probably going to lose. But everyone makes mistakes sometimes, and if you don’t put up a fight and give them a chance to make a mistake, then that’s your choice.

Even so, there’s a difference between saying every match has a chance, and saying someone has reached their advancement plateau. Anyone can win one match. But once your win percentage drops below a critical level, significantly below 50%, the effort it takes to progress increases exponentially. For a given player with a given level of knowledge, skill, and roster strength, there is a point beyond which the rest of the competition is going to be too strong for them to be able to continue to origrsss without extreme effort. At that point, they’ve probably plateaued. But that’s not because their roster itself is holding them back. That’s because the combination of their knowledge, skill, AND roster is holding them back, and they need to improve as best they can in all of them.

Just because I disagree with one stupid extreme thing, doesn’t mean I automatically believe the exact opposite stupid extreme thing. It’s ironic the easiest (and laziest) knock on me is I use too many words, and yet the most common misattributions to me are very short and obviously wrong things.

The reason why I quite not because I don’t dare to try! It’s because these are 2 straight in hundreds match up like this I got and to be honest it show how bad is the BG matching system are. Let me make this clear, out of 10 match like this, with more reasonable around 4-5mil account, I can win 1-2 match depend on how bad is my opponents. But again, this current match up like this will make new players just want to STOP PLAYING AND QUITE THE GAME, because it’s like punish, no fun in here!

Hey what kind of work are you talking about? Currently I’m in 8.2 now. Suppose I can explore act 8 as well, what do I have more? 2-3 7 stars champions and 2-3 6r5 and 7r2, what can I do on this matchup again?

Vinny14 said:

Would you show up to a NASCAR race with a minivan and tell people you want to race? And aftet say "BS, I cant win"... Well he has a small account and is competing against people with bigger accounts, at some point matchmaking will make him lose.
    Then why I don’t put our minivan race with each other? That’s my simple questions! I don’t want a top-tier reward, save it for those Valiants like you! I just want to have a fair and fun match up with my other MCOC modest players! Or because it’s all on purpose to push us HAVE TO spend to buy deals or becoming the punching bag like this?
    PT_99 said:

BG is skills + roster
    The fact that you reached Vibranium with that weak account means you have skills, keep playing story content and then do Necro, you'll have big r3 heroes

Thanks my friend! But I want is a fair match for everyone
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

The reason why I quite not because I don’t dare to try! It’s because these are 2 straight in hundreds match up like this I got and to be honest it show how bad is the BG matching system are. Let me make this clear, out of 10 match like this, with more reasonable around 4-5mil account, I can win 1-2 match depend on how bad is my opponents. But again, this current match up like this will make new players just want to STOP PLAYING AND QUITE THE GAME, because it’s like punish, no fun in here!

It doesn't show how bad the matching system is. It shows how strong the competition is to get into GC, and it shows how some players cannot adjust to that fact.

Kabam has already announced they are going to be making changes to VT to improve the progression for players with the medal changes. But they are not going to change the nature of the competition itself, which is to move up, you have to beat the players ahead of you. If you can't, you won't, nor do you deserve to.

I got stuck in V2 myself just a couple days ago, and to take a break I went back to a lower alt and decided to start from Bronze 3 and see how far I could get with a Cav account before I started to lose. I went all the way up to P1 with only three losses. That's what the "competition" is like in the lower roster regions of BG.

You do not get to beat up Cavs to get to GC. If you can't handle losing, BG is not for you. And don't claim to be representing newer players, because it is probably the newer players that are grinding the heck out of BG for the milestone rewards, which are absolutely fabulous for them as they are not progression sensitive. There's 200k players playing BG. There's almost 50k players grinding out all the milestones. Those are not all whales and Valiants.

edited June 6

Vinny14 said:

Then why I don’t put our minivan race with each other? That’s my simple questions! I don’t want a top-tier reward, save it for those Valiants like you! I just want to have a fair and fun match up with my other MCOC modest players! Or because it’s all on purpose to push us HAVE TO spend to buy deals or becoming the punching bag like this?
    If you actually saw what the rewards could be you would probably come to complain about getting little rewards
    You are so short minded, yo think that you only get 2 or 3 more 7* by doing more content... Daily crystals, access to more content and so on adds up. Its not just the immediate gratification of the rewards you get right away
    Give it up, they are not going to make a separate background for you to have a better success rate, build a stronger deck

Vinny14 said:

If you actually saw what the rewards could be you would probably come to complain about getting little rewards
    You are so short minded, yo think that you only get 2 or 3 more 7* by doing more content... Daily crystals, access to more content and so on adds up. Its not just the immediate gratification of the rewards you get right away
    Ok let’s work by your solution. Take time to grow my account by exploring every content I suppose, as my calculation before, doesn’t make any sense, to compare with other Valiants currently. And if I follow your instruction as well, meanwhile I need time to grow my account by adds up resources over time, you suppose other Valiants will just stop growing their account to wait for me? Or this gap is gonna be forever or in other words, BG suppose not for new players?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,321 ★★★★★

Vinny14 said:

Ok let’s work by your solution. Take time to grow my account by exploring every content I suppose, as my calculation before, doesn’t make any sense, to compare with other Valiants currently. And if I follow your instruction as well, meanwhile I need time to grow my account by adds up resources over time, you suppose other Valiants will just stop growing their account to wait for me? Or this gap is gonna be forever or in other words, BG suppose not for new players?
    You are getting it wrong, the growth is not steady, it is exponential but in a negative way.

What I am saying is, once players reached valiants, they don't have much to do in game, they do rank up champs, but the pace of rankup is quite slow compared to cavailer or TB players. If you push hard and get to valiant, you will still be in the top 5%. Since you managed to reach vibranium with this roster, I am pretty sure you can reach out GC easily as soon as you become valiants. Most VT players right now have 2-3 r3 7*s and a couple of r5 and r2s, which you get along the way on your quest to valiant
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 778 ★★★★

Vinny14 said:

So what exactly is your complaint about the matchmaking then? If your complaint about matchmaking is that you are facing accounts much stronger, then by making your account stronger, wouldn't you be facing accounts smaller?

Vinny14 said:

So what exactly is your complaint about the matchmaking then? If your complaint about matchmaking is that you are facing accounts much stronger, then by making your account stronger, wouldn't you be facing accounts smaller?
    By the time I get my account stronger, the opponents also get stronger, which is the gap is still as-is. what’s your point mean?
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,038 ★★★★★
    Stop trying to "catch up" to other players. There are always going to be players ahead of you, even if you start whaling out now, there are plenty of other players who will continue to do so and stay ahead of you, not to mention those who are just plain better at the game.

Play at your own pace, and if you're matched up with someone with a better roster and/or better skills, take the L and go again.

Vinny14 said:

By the time I get my account stronger, the opponents also get stronger, which is the gap is still as-is. what’s your point mean?
    Dude you got a 14k+/- Prestige, there are Cav players with that much, your roster is small for a PvP competition, be happy with what you get.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,241 ★★★★★
    edited June 6

Vinny14 said:

Similar to what @captain_rogers said, progress does not occur just as quickly for valiant accounts as it does for lower progressions. Reaching a higher progression title is the fastest way to improve your account, and valiants have already achieved the highest progression, so they cannot make as large of jumps as accounts who have not yet reached valiant.

I can speak on this from personal experience. 3ish months ago when I was still paragon I was one of those players who was fighting to make it to gladiator circuit in week 4, and the first season after I got valiant and did some huge upgrades, I made it to gc in 11 days. I got valiant when 8.4 released, so you’d think that everyone else who became valiant from 8.4 would all catch up to me, right? Evidently that was not the case since I was able to play at a higher level of bgs almost immediately.

Finish all of act 8, do a single path of necropolis, and I promise you you’ll be able to push to a higher level in bgs.
  • Mixtapevol02Mixtapevol02 Member Posts: 92

Vinny14 said:

And what’s your point? You think you can catch up to them by just playing battlegrounds?

Battleground is an “open competition for any1 and every1 from UC onwards”. Everyone let’s repeat that “open competition for any1 and every1 from UC onwards”. The competition gets harder as you climb up the rank. You get matched with any1 who is in your current rank. You are good that you got to vibranium with your roster size, but you probably won’t find many others that could do the same.

If you are not going to swipe that card, then you should atleast put in the time to progress like most people.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,511 ★★★★★

Vinny14 said:

And what’s your point? You think you can catch up to them by just playing battlegrounds?

Battleground is an “open competition for any1 and every1 from UC onwards”. Everyone let’s repeat that “open competition for any1 and every1 from UC onwards”. The competition gets harder as you climb up the rank. You get matched with any1 who is in your current rank. You are good that you got to vibranium with your roster size, but you probably won’t find many others that could do the same.

If you are not going to swipe that card, then you should atleast put in the time to progress like most people.
    Their point is the same point I raised when I was talking about the previous Medal system. Saying that someone needs to work on their Roster to get better at it isn't entirely accurate when the competition itself accelerates Players faster than anyone can catch up to.
    Although I'm not getting into this debate again. I like the proposed changes coming with the Medals. I'm just being the Geico guy.

Vinny14 said:

Dude you got a 14k+/- Prestige, there are Cav players with that much, your roster is small for a PvP competition, be happy with what you get.
    I don’t understand you mean what get here is??? I’m ok with the reward from BG I got so far, no complain! I just want hey let me PLAY BG! Look at those matchup and put your self in my shoes!